Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

^

i can't believe you quoted that post from nov 2012 talk about spread false information........how can you be so naive to believe that crap

True that. I would say 95% is Chinese made.. and that's being nice!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Actually the Benelli BN600 and BN302 are not anymore exclusively made in China. Benelli has also started production in Brazil...

^

i can't believe you quoted that post from nov 2012 talk about spread false information........how can you be so naive to believe that crap

Actually the Benelli BN600 and BN302 are not anymore exclusively made in China. Benelli has also started production in Brazil...

Production or assembly?

^

Production or assembly?

According to some sites in Brazil, it will be produced there. It makes because the tax to import the engine and parts is just insane.

I do know in fact that engines of ER6 and Ninja300 are also built there in Brazil, also many of the Honda engines.

I've seen them on that small road show in BigC in CM. Looked overall good. Why not. But if the quality sucks as every review in the internet suggests, why would I buy one of these for the same price or even more than a branded bike, not even looking at resale value. Benelli Marketing/Sales may have a chance here, if they could get quality right.

How they could get anything right being a factory on budget making products for buyers on a budget

Japs will have them off their market in to time, good riddance.

You you want be Italian you gotta be Ducati/Aprilia/MV or better.These bikes are not even sold in Italy.

How they could get anything right being a factory on budget making products for buyers on a budget

Japs will have them off their market in to time, good riddance.

You you want be Italian you gotta be Ducati/Aprilia/MV or better.These bikes are not even sold in Italy.

The Benelli BN302 and BN600 are sold in Italy, you can check the website of Benelli (it defaults to Italian language) http://www.benellimoto.com/

You say "Ducati/Aprilia/MV or better", so what is better than a Ducati, Aprilia or MV Agusta?

Also I not really get it Benelli make 3 motorcycle models in China, from a line-up of around 9 models. If you compare that to some other manufacturers the percentage is not much different?

Edited by Richard-BKK

They may sell in Italy, but the Italians are not buying them biggrin.png

Of course the designer of the engine was Chinese, oops that was a Italian guy who revolutionized the engine of the Ducati 999, okay, Italians will not buy it because the geometric is untested... actually the designer of the chassis has been called a copy of the Aprillia, but the truth is that the Aprillia is just a copy of a Bimoto design. While the original designer of the Bimoto design was at the time working with Benelli.

Lots of technology, patents have been used by other companies. Currently Benelli has legal proceedings against 150 companies... Which all market annalist expect to they win...

The copyrights, and technology rights are about, but not limited to the way to setup a triple-cylinder engine, ignition, and 250 other engine patents that where already approved.

Unconfirmed the new Yamaha MT-09 violates nearly 50 patents of Benell .....

Edited by Richard-BKK

They may sell in Italy, but the Italians are not buying them biggrin.png

Of course the designer of the engine was Chinese, oops that was a Italian guy who revolutionized the engine of the Ducati 999, okay, Italians will not buy it because the geometric is untested... actually the designer of the chassis has been called a copy of the Aprillia, but the truth is that the Aprillia is just a copy of a Bimoto design. While the original designer of the Bimoto design was at the time working with Benelli.

Lots of technology, patents have been used by other companies. Currently Benelli has legal proceedings against 150 companies... Which all market annalist expect to they win...

The copyrights, and technology rights are about, but not limited to the way to setup a triple-cylinder engine, ignition, and 250 other engine patents that where already approved.

For a lot of people when Benelli filled for bankruptcy they did not see how anybody in the world could put up the cash for the company.

Nobody expected a Chinese company to step in and pay all creditors, 100% of the demanding money with the only agreement that business will continue...and nobody in Pesaro would lose its job.... that not really happened... But currently the Benelli company in Pesaro employs more workers than they did at the best years of Benelli ever...

I wish I knew more people funny like you are laugh.png

• 6 months later...

so guys, finally able to ride a benelli 600 inline four!

A friend of mine have it and gave me a tour to check if the bike and tires are OK.

the bike was bought recently maybe 4-5 months ago and it was at 6000 km.

My objective impressions:

To be honest, I am surprised a bit as i was expecting a much more worse bike.

Engine: it runs well. But below 5000 rpm, engine is very very glitchy and hard to roll on from first gear! above that it is OK, sure feel less powerful that honda. It sure has some fueling issues but not a torture, also it is not crisp. Hondas fueling of course very smooth and crisp.

Tranny: Clunky a bit, cannot compare with honda trannies but still does the job just fine.

Suspension: This is where this bike suffers a bit. Front suspension is noisy and and rear does not hold the ground although it has adjustable upside down thicker forks and more adjustable and thicker shock still hondas standard non adjustable ones are much more better! Although suspensions are adjusted. ( Note: Honda's suspensions was even better than yamaha mt 09, again very honestly)

Brakes: Brakes are fine. do the job. still hondas two caliper ones works better somehow.

Chassis: Totally OK. bike is balanced and no problems.

Fit and finish, quality: That is where this bike suffers again. hard to follow instrumentation, some very bad vibrations from the front of the bike mainly from instrument cluster and headlight. fit and finish is really not good.

Comfort: Totally fine. upright ergonomics and comfy and stitched nice looking seat.

Tires: Metzeller Interacts, good grip but can be better. similar with the stock dunlop sportmax of 650 series.

Fuel Economy: My friend said around 6 liters. but he is new on bikes so for spirited rides, not sure how it fares.

Bike weight: although 210 kg something, bike felt very light to me.

Looks: It looks OK. But its rear end with two triangular pipe caps, it looks again good.

Still, i was expecting a lot worse bike, no balance, immense vibrations and bad chassis but these were not the case. it is a proper bike with lower quality components than Honda. not a death trap.

But my friend added a couple of glitches; temp light comes often on hot days in Bangkok which is something very major and some shaky parts. temp light on my honda never comes alive. not even ones so far for 11,500 km.

Also he said, he did a long Isaan tour alone with it and bike never gave him a trouble.

Overall, when i compare this bike with a similarly priced honda cb650f, cb650f rules at every section, very honestly.

now, only problem of this Benelli 600 cc inline four is its price. Nearly same as honda cb650f and my friend also bought it bc honda cb650f had 3 months waiting list that time.

if they sell this Benelli at 199 k thb for example, it becomes a very good value right away. but for 265 k thb something while honda cb650f is around 285 k thb, it is hard to sell - and buy - this bike.

And, Benelli sounds much more better than my honda cbr650f! That was really surprising! close your eyes and it sounds like a much more expensive bike. Mine is sounding like diesellaugh.png but i like it too!

'A test ride is better than millions of words you read, write and watch about a motorcycle!'laugh.png

LL2 does the test rides, so you don't have to...well done fella......

• Like 1

Fair test imo. But we should not forget that in Thailand the low budget version is sold. In other countries (eg. in Europe) you get a better version with some really good quality components. Brembo brakes, Marzocchi fork, Sachs rear shock. That should eliminate some of the problems ll2 reported. And price compared to other brands is better there too. So in other countries the Benelli is a much better option compared to the situation in Thailand. For the first 600cc 4cylinder bike made in China it seems to be quite OK.

• Like 2

All Benellis are designed and styled in Pesaro - Italy.The engine is an EX Yamaha design from an R6 , although de-tuned more to a Faser level Didnt know there were two versions of this bike , that cheapens the bikes name somewhat with the Thai version. Dont agree with that. Have a Benelli Triple myself in England. Love the new BN 302.

The 600 is 289,000 Baht , the 300 is a bargain , ar 139,000 Baht.

jeff, i believe, it is not super bargain as hondas and kawasakis new singles and z 250 twin are at same prices although benneli is twin bu also it is nearly 200 kg so a bit heavy.

and price is the problem with benelli bikes in Thailand. If they can sell benelli 302 for 90 to 99 k thb, yes that it is a good bargain but at this price, no chance IMO.

The 600 4 cylinder isnt such a bargain , IMO , and people may go "mainstream" for a Honda or Kawasaki for a similar price , and security. I can kind of see the logik here. Havent found out 100% what the differences are between Europe and Asian versions of this bike. Seems a bit cheeky. The BN 302 , however , i think , is a bargain (cant compare 250 or 300 singles with it ) and is similar to a naked Ninja 300 twin but with more style and fancier components , and 37 BHP. I have the weight as 185 KG , which is about 10 KG more than the Ninja .Seems to be built rather sturdy . However people may play safe and buy Japanese , however ive not heard any reports from long term owners yet. If i was after a cheap , purely road bike , this would be my choice.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I should add that my main car is a Camry. As boring as one could get. For me motorbiking is about fun, letting loose, treating your wildside. Boring doesn't cut it. Boring design, no thanks. Boring engine that can do 3 million km between services. No thanks. Boring mass produced gunk aimed at 60 year olds and newbies buying their first bigger bike. No thanks.

Benelli, yes please, thank you very much. I would guess that boring people wouldn't understand though.

Danhig: and some people don't understand that there are people who drive bikes not for the passion but because of rational reasons but totally get that other people have different priorities.

Sure there are.

For them there is the Toyota Camry of the bike World. The CBR650. :)

Same as my Camry, might as well have beige oil in it, but will do 2 million KM between services and only depreciate 10 baht over 30 years.

Some people are bikers, some people use beige bikes for 'rational' reasons. :)

Danhig: and some people don't understand that there are people who drive bikes not for the passion but because of rational reasons but totally get that other people have different priorities.

Sure there are.

For them there is the Toyota Camry of the bike World. The CBR650. :)

Same as my Camry, might as well have beige oil in it, but will do 2 million KM between services and only depreciate 10 baht over 30 years.

Some people are bikers, some people use beige bikes for 'rational' reasons. :)

Squid and troll alert!:lol:

Anyway i dont expect much from someone buying a camry as a cage.

Did you ride a cbr650f?

And please post the photos of your benelli and camry so we have some photos at this thread.

Did you ride a cbr650f?

I did.

1000km over 2 days, as I was half considering of buying one.

And please post the photos of your benelli and camry so we have some photos at this thread.
Sure, should have some on my Ext. HDD. :)