Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

Seems like a good bike for the money. It makes the pricing of the CB650s even more interesting.

For me, I prefer the torquier Honda, but can understand others wanting something a bit peakier and ABS is another reason why I prefer the Honda. The Cycle News article compares pricing and specs with the outgoing 600 Hornet, which in 6 months time will be meaningless.

I wish Benellii would do something about than plate from a WWII tank that they're using as a sump though.

The Benelli TNT1130 is not officially sold in Thailand, therefore Benelli Thailand doesn't have parts for it on stock in Thailand.

I bet that Honda “Big Wing” Thailand also doesn't have a wire loom for a CB1100 or any other motorcycles they not officially distribute. Actually I believe that you cannot get parts or service from Honda Big Wing if they did not sold the motorcycle....

Waiting 8 months for a wire loom for the TNT1130 is ridiculous, I can have one in about 7 days and it will cost about 9500 THB. It has everything to do with part numbers and knowledge what and where to order. Probably the owner of the TNT1130 in Thailand ordered the wire loom from eBay and that has very to nothing to do with Benelli as a company or it service.

Ah but i ordered the loom from main benelli dealers in Uk with correct parts numbers ,,it took benelli 8 months to get correct loom one to the main dealer in UK ,they sent wrong loom twice even when they has correct part numbers

I picked it up the following week and 4 weeks later it was fitted to the bike here , But the fact was that benellis parts system and spares supply was abyssmal,

mind u I find ducati thailand abyssmal too for parts in stock ,, i bring in loads of bits myself from UK and have got bit faster than the dealers here can from Ducati ,i think its just Thai mentality keep stocks low a sell bikes and give average after sales service ,, but I am lucky I can service any bike myself , even electronics and diagnostics so i dont need to depend on 3rd world mechanics .

Edited by liddelljohn
  • Like 1

The Benelli TNT1130 is not officially sold in Thailand, therefore Benelli Thailand doesn't have parts for it on stock in Thailand.

I bet that Honda “Big Wing” Thailand also doesn't have a wire loom for a CB1100 or any other motorcycles they not officially distribute. Actually I believe that you cannot get parts or service from Honda Big Wing if they did not sold the motorcycle....

Waiting 8 months for a wire loom for the TNT1130 is ridiculous, I can have one in about 7 days and it will cost about 9500 THB. It has everything to do with part numbers and knowledge what and where to order. Probably the owner of the TNT1130 in Thailand ordered the wire loom from eBay and that has very to nothing to do with Benelli as a company or it service.

Ah but i ordered the loom from main benelli dealers in Uk with correct parts numbers ,,it took benelli 8 months to get correct loom one to the main dealer in UK ,they sent wrong loom twice even when they has correct part numbers

I picked it up the following week and 4 weeks later it was fitted to the bike here , But the fact was that benellis parts system and spares supply was abyssmal,

mind u I find ducati thailand abyssmal too for parts in stock ,, i bring in loads of bits myself from UK and have got bit faster than the dealers here can from Ducati ,i think its just Thai mentality keep stocks low a sell bikes and give average after sales service ,, but I am lucky I can service any bike myself , even electronics and diagnostics so i dont need to depend on 3rd world mechanics .

Sorry I have no experience with Benelli in the UK, but in Thailand Benelli has a good and adequate stock of parts for the motorcycles they sell. Also for future parts for your TNT1130 I can advice you that you contact Benelli Malaysia.

generic gsr 600 = Keeway rk6 = Benelli tnt 600 = Ksr Moto 600

So which one is better?biggrin.png

so, this bike is actually like a generic bike, just flex it a bit and it is a Benelli and loosen a bit and it is a Keeway.whistling.gif

So, i go for a ride with my Benelli and people think you are riding a Keeway.

i have no problems about the riders buying this bike, it is up to the individuals but have problems about these kind of Chinese mentality and do not respect these as motorcycles.

Edited by ll2

so, this bike is actually like a generic bike, just flex it a bit and it is a Benelli and loosen a bit and it is a Keeway.whistling.gif

i have no problems about the riders buying this bike, it is up to the individuals but have problems about these kind of Chinese mentality and do not respect these as motorcycles.

The Keeway RK6 is only available in countries where Benelli is not available. In some countries like Venezuela Keeway has more market share, brand recognition and brand value than most other foreign motorcycle brands. Therefore in countries like Venezuela the Benelli BN600 is known as the Keeway RK6.

Lots of companies do this, for instance some Chevrolet models in Thailand are known in mainland Europe as Opel, or are known as Vauxhall models in the UK or as an Holden Australia. I'm pretty sure that the same car model sold as a Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall or Holden all have the same quality.

Again I can make a long list of companies who sell the same products with different brand names, but it has little to nothing to do with the Benelli BN600

Edited by Richard-BKK

keep em coming ll2, very amusing laugh.png

Who cares what people think you are riding unless you have a low self esteem and need to compensate it in someway.

If one of these generic 4 inline bikes blasts past you riding your little 500cc commuter, please don't forget to remind the owner that you do not respect his bikecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by pokerkid

Who cares what people think you are riding unless you have a low self esteem and need to compensate it in someway.

If one of these generic 4 inline bikes blasts past you riding your little 500cc commuter, please don't forget to remind the owner that you do not respect his bikecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

you care pokerkid!

and the problem is never seen any Benelli passing me! possibly they are at the mechanic waiting for parts for months.

so some quotes from cyclenews magazine you posted:

'...including China itself, where 3000 examples of the BN600 have already
been sold since its home market debut one year ago - before
it’s upgraded with European hardware in Benelli’s Pesaro factory
to meet the demands of customers
in more mature markets, while remaining affordable.
So, the EVO version of the BN600 being sold in Europe, North America and Australasia carries Brembo brakes, Marzocchi
fork, and a Sachs shock, all replacing the less effective but also less costly Chinese-made original components...'
Richard you told us: "Lots of companies do this, for instance some Chevrolet models in Thailand are known in mainland Europe as Opel, or are known as Vauxhall models in the UK or as an Holden Australia. I'm pretty sure that the same car model sold as a Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall or Holden all have the same quality." but it looks like specs might differ and different quality for different countries.

Do we have the evo model here, right? It says bikes are going to Italy factory after China. Do the Benellis here are also being sent to the Pesaro factory in Italy or just assembled here and cycle news are providing misleading information?whistling.gif

I think we get special treatment as usual in Thailand?

looks like the bike - as a naked!!! - has no good torque down as well.
"...It really comes alive from 7000 revs upwards, and there’s an extra kick of performance when the needle on the analog tach hits 9000 rpm.
There’s not a lot of low-down torque so if you want some acceleration to pass some traffic, you’ll have to kick the Benelli down a couple of gears..."
just my opinions.
I question things pokerkid unlike you blindly accept everything and it is good for everyone.
Edited by ll2

you care pokerkid!

and the problem is never seen any Benelli passing me! possibly they are at the mechanic waiting for parts for months.

so some quotes from cyclenews magazine you posted:

'...including China itself, where 3000 examples of the BN600 have already
been sold since its home market debut one year ago - before
it’s upgraded with European hardware in Benelli’s Pesaro factory
to meet the demands of customers
in more mature markets, while remaining affordable.
So, the EVO version of the BN600 being sold in Europe, North America and Australasia carries Brembo brakes, Marzocchi
fork, and a Sachs shock, all replacing the less effective but also less costly Chinese-made original components...'
Richard you told us: "Lots of companies do this, for instance some Chevrolet models in Thailand are known in mainland Europe as Opel, or are known as Vauxhall models in the UK or as an Holden Australia. I'm pretty sure that the same car model sold as a Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall or Holden all have the same quality." but it looks like specs might differ and different quality for different countries.

Do we have the evo model here, right? It says bikes are going to Italy factory after China. Do the Benellis here are also being sent to the Pesaro factory in Italy or just assembled here and cycle news are providing misleading information?whistling.gif

I think we get special treatment as usual in Thailand?

looks like the bike - as a naked!!! - has no good torque down as well.
"...It really comes alive from 7000 revs upwards, and there’s an extra kick of performance when the needle on the analog tach hits 9000 rpm.
There’s not a lot of low-down torque so if you want some acceleration to pass some traffic, you’ll have to kick the Benelli down a couple of gears..."
just my opinions.
I question things pokerkid unlike you blindly accept everything and it is good for everyone.

Yes, the Chevrolet Cruze in Thailand has not the same specifications as the Holden Cruze, Nor was the Thai Chevrolet Zafira exactly as luxury equipped as the Opel or Vauxhall Zafira... Also the engines of the variations between all GM brands where not completely the same some where more powerful than others or had other fuel options...

Not forget that the BN600 EVO is also optional available in Thailand as the BN600R, cost a bit more but than you get also more... I think the last time I checked it was 2 months delivery time, which is not bad for something special...(And I'm not sure if the BN600R is coming from Italy or from China...)

Edited by Richard-BKK

^

^

thanks for the clarification Richard. Dont get me wrong, i have no problems with anyone here but just dont believe everything i read necessarily all the time.

You see, if i dont question things, we were not even aware of the fact that they build them with different quality for different regions and there is another version called evo where you need to pay more and wait for a long time. it is always good to turn the stones over.

I am just confused on what is stated on cycle news magazine as it says bikes for Australasia are being sent to Italy factory at Pasero for the fitment of better parts but it is not the case for Thailand so i guess cyclenews is providing misleading information.

So, it means we get a second class Benelli here in Thailand with low spec parts that they make for China where Europe gets a standard better specced one?

And then also, cyclenews review is based on the better European specced 'evo' version carefully picked from Benelli Factory in Pasero - Italy and not the Benelli tnt600 we have here so that review is not valid for us anymore in Thailand, right?

What is the price difference between tnt 600 and tnt 600 evo?

Edited by ll2

^

^

thanks for the clarification Richard. Dont get me wrong, i have no problems with anyone here but just dont believe everything i read necessarily all the time.

You see, if i dont question things, we were not even aware of the fact that they build them with different quality for different regions and there is another version called evo where you need to pay more and wait for a long time. it is always good to turn the stones over.

I am just confused on what is stated on cycle news magazine as it says bikes for Australasia are being sent to Italy factory at Pasero for the fitment of better parts but it is not the case for Thailand so i guess cyclenews is providing misleading information.

So, it means we get a second class Benelli here in Thailand with low spec parts that they make for China where Europe gets a standard better specced one?

And then also, cyclenews review is based on the better European specced 'evo' version carefully picked from Benelli Factory in Pasero - Italy and not the Benelli tnt600 we have here so that review is not valid for us anymore in Thailand, right?

It would be a bit inefficient to send a motorcycle to Italy to mount forks, brakes, rear shock and some other minor goodies and then ship the motorcycle back to Asia... I can believe that story for the European market and maybe will go along with that for the American market, but for Asia I'm pretty sure that the mechanics at the Benelli factory in China are more than capable to install forks, brakes and rear shock plus the other goodies... Last I hear was that they have a whole team of Italian mechanics in Chinese factory overseeing all aspects of the production...

For the American market I understand the Italian connection as the final production line is in Europe and the parts added are European made they probably can enter the US market more easily...

I have no idea what the price difference is between the BN600 and the BN600R, but I can remember it was, compared to what you get, a good deal...

^

^

It would be a bit inefficient to send a motorcycle to Italy to mount forks, brakes, rear shock and some other minor goodies and then ship the motorcycle back to Asia... I can believe that story for the European market and maybe will go along with that for the American market, but for Asia I'm pretty sure that the mechanics at the Benelli factory in China are more than capable to install forks, brakes and rear shock plus the other goodies... Last I hear was that they have a whole team of Italian mechanics in Chinese factory overseeing all aspects of the production...

For the American market I understand the Italian connection as the final production line is in Europe and the parts added are European made they probably can enter the US market more easily...

I have no idea what the price difference is between the BN600 and the BN600R, but I can remember it was, compared to what you get, a good deal...

thanks Richard.

So, cyclenews magazie is stating baseless information then - maybe they got paid by Chinese? - and we cannot get it as something serious anymore as the bikes we have here is not the version they ride for their review.

Pokerkid, why do you post misleading info here man?biggrin.png

at least read what you post next time, OK?

Edited by ll2

^

^

thanks Richard.

So, cyclenews magazie is stating baseless information then - maybe they got paid by Chinese? - and we cannot get it as something serious anymore as the bikes we have here is not the version they ride for their review.

I not think that CycleNews received payments for doing reviews, what you suggest is that we cannot trust any of the tests CycleNews ever did... They did also lots of other motorcycles available in Thailand. They're just Americans, and they test what they have like when the Kawasaki Ninja 250R was tested it was with carburetors and nothing was said about fuel-injection for the rest of the world....

The test of the Benelli in CycleNews is based on the BN600 EVO, the EVO has different front forks and rear shock damper, and the brake calipers are Brembo... On the regular Benelli BN600 in Thailand this are parts that are made by Benelli themselves...

Of course you can replace them at a later stage, the luxury parts can be ordered through Benelli or direct from the respective manufacturer distributor... The advantage is that if you replace the front forks, or the brake calipers they fit directly.

^

^

thanks Richard.

ll2 VS Cycle News..

hmmmm, I wonder which of the 2 have more credibility and respect.

You focus on a minor detail and look past the fact that the bike in question seems to be of high quality and is a good ride......

Your comment about Cycle News being on the payroll of Benelli is simply ridiculous, sorry but with statements like that you lose all credibility.passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

Edited by pokerkid

^

^

And then also, cyclenews review is based on the better European specced  'evo' version carefully picked from Benelli Factory in Pasero - Italy and not the Benelli tnt600 we have here so that review is not valid for us anymore in Thailand, right?

thanks Richard.

So, cyclenews magazie is stating baseless information then - maybe they got paid by Chinese? -  and we cannot get it as something serious anymore as the bikes we have here is not the version they ride for their review.

Pokerkid, why do you post misleading info here man?Posted Image

ll2 VS Cycle News..

hmmmm, I wonder which of the 2 have more credibility and respect.

You focus on a minor detail and look past the fact that the bike in question seems to be of high quality and is a good ride......

Your comment about Cycle News being on the payroll of Benelli is simply ridiculous, sorry but with statements like that you lose all credibility.Posted Image

Pokerkid, just be reasonable man.

Just question things a bit. Dont be one of these guys came to this world as a sheep and leaving this world as a sheep.

Cyclenews are not even aware of the fact that Asia is getting a low spec benelli.

Possibly they copied and pasted what benelli told them without any research or questioning.

Also we have a low spec benelli in thailand not the one they test ride so we cannot accept that review for Thailand, gotcha?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The motorcycle CycleNews tested, was the Benelli BN600 EVO, which only has other suspension and brakes, the engine and all other parts are 100% identical. Also the Benelli BN600 EVO is just released while we in Thailand and a few other countries already have the Benelli BN600 available for almost one year.

So with knowledge we can take the comments CycleNews makes about suspension and braking less serious as the regular model in Thailand (BN600) is not equipped with the same parts.

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

Well quit a few (mainly Thai) owners are enjoying their Benelli's . Maybe they should have waited all that time till a Honda was available and buy a Kwaker 2 pot like so many farangs seem to do.xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.ZBoTdH8LFs.w

Honda will always be a nice safe bet but not everyone wants a bike that is so common.

Looks like Kawa and Benelli will have to drop the prices of their bikes if they want to keep selling the same volumes as they are doing now. Nice one Honda.

ps. anyone who wants to buy a low mileage mint condition 2013 kwaker 650 should wait a bit. My guess is second hand prices will drop like a stone once the Honda is available....drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

Edited by pokerkid

With the Honda cb650F at 285k, this 600cc Chinese Benelli is starting to look like a bit of a gamble, no?

It would be a great price if Honda can sell the CB650F for 285,000 THB. It seems that 2014 will be an interesting year for motorcycling...

With the Honda cb650F at 285k, this 600cc Chinese Benelli is starting to look like a bit of a gamble, no?

It would be a great price if Honda can sell the CB650F for 285,000 THB. It seems that 2014 will be an interesting year for motorcycling...

The price has been confirmed. It IS a great price, no "would be" about it.

Well quit a few (mainly Thai) owners are enjoying their Benelli's . Maybe they should have waited all that time till a Honda was available and buy a Kwaker 2 pot like so many farangs seem to do.xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.ZBoTdH8LFs.w

Honda will always be a nice safe bet but not everyone wants a bike that is so common.

Looks like Kawa and Benelli will have to drop the prices of their bikes if they want to keep selling the same volumes as they are doing now. Nice one Honda.

ps. anyone who wants to buy a low mileage mint condition 2013 kwaker 650 should wait a bit. My guess is second hand prices will drop like a stone once the Honda is available....drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

Kawi have done awesome business with the 2 pot since 2009. Some people really like the twin and for 3 years they were pretty much the only show in town, let's not forget it was them who really started this trend of big bikes combined with plentiful spares and good service in Thailand. Kudos to them. They will continue to do well but clearly Honda will take a lot of sales with the 4 pot 650.

Benelli on the other hand? Yeah...ummm....not so much...

Because somebody post it on Facebook it's not by definition the truth. I not say it's incorrect, I actual hope it's true...

• Like 2

Because somebody post it on Facebook it's not by definition the truth. I not say it's incorrect, I actual hope it's true...

You really set yourself up sometimes... How long since your denials that it would even be made?

I remember posting that one of your denials was as good as confirmation that it would arrive, and here we are...

Your next lie was that it wasn't coming to Thailand... Sorry, but you have zero credibility on this issue and clearly have a financial interest in promoting Benelli as well as the other Chinese copies. That's fine, but please don't expect to be taken seriously any more, your BS has been exposed way too many times.

You really set yourself up sometimes... How long since your denials that it would even be made?

I remember posting that one of your denials was as good as confirmation that it would arrive, and here we are...

Your next lie was that it wasn't coming to Thailand... Sorry, but you have zero credibility on this issue and clearly have a financial interest in promoting Benelli as well as the other Chinese copies. That's fine, but please don't expect to be taken seriously any more, your BS has been exposed way too many times.

REad it back I said that the Honda would not replace the CBR600RR, and later I said that after Honda had introduced the 2014 CB600F it would be unlikely that it would replace that model also... While we can expect that the Honda CB650F to replace the CB600F in some markets we know for sure that the CBR650F is not replacing the CBR600RR...

REad it back I said that ............

^^ No you didn't........you used the existence of the Honda CBR600 series to convince people that there would be no CBR650 series.

Judging by this thread alone I'd say that someone certainly has a few different TV accounts!!

REad it back I said that the Honda would not replace the CBR600RR, and later I said that after Honda had introduced the 2014 CB600F it would be unlikely that it would replace that model also... While we can expect that the Honda CB650F to replace the CB600F in some markets we know for sure that the CBR650F is not replacing the CBR600RR...

You flat out said that Honda would not release a 650 inline 4.

As I said before, Honda is internationally trying to promote the new 2014 Honda CB600F...

The new 2014 Honda CB600F is just another indication that Honda has no desire to introduce a 650cc inline-four, especially with Honda leading the race of the most efficient around 650cc twin-cylinder engine motorcycle engine....

In the contrary of what some people of some forums would like to believe, the race is now-a-days not about the best performance per cubic meter.... The race is more about owners experience, comfort and ridabilty and cost per kilometer....again Honda beast anybody in the market....

But to say that they will introduce a 650cc inline-four is not really a thing after they introduced the 2014 Honda CB600F....

You flat out said that Honda would not release a 650 inline 4.

As I said before, Honda is internationally trying to promote the new 2014 Honda CB600F...

The new 2014 Honda CB600F is just another indication that Honda has no desire to introduce a 650cc inline-four, especially with Honda leading the race of the most efficient around 650cc twin-cylinder engine motorcycle engine....

In the contrary of what some people of some forums would like to believe, the race is now-a-days not about the best performance per cubic meter.... The race is more about owners experience, comfort and ridabilty and cost per kilometer....again Honda beast anybody in the market....

But to say that they will introduce a 650cc inline-four is not really a thing after they introduced the 2014 Honda CB600F....

Thaivisa forum is a discussion board and I just expressed my opinion, at the moment it was logical that Honda would not introduce a motorcycle that would replace the CBR600R, CBR600RR, CB600F or the CBR600F as Honda had just introduced the 2014 models of the CBR600F.

For what we now know about the Honda CBR650F or CB650F it would, on paper, not make many CBR600F owners wanting to upgrade to the CBR650F. The CBR650F has less horsepower and a few other things are not of the CBR600F standard.

For instance the CBR650F provides a maximum power output of 64kW, and according to Honda the 2014 CBR600F delivers 75kW, this while torque numbers are similar 63Nm for the CBR650F vs 64Nm for the CBR600F.

Also the chassis of the Honda CBR650F is less impressive compared to the 2014 Honda CBR600F, the CBR650F comes with a standard steel diamond shaped frame, while the 2014 Honda CBR600F comes with a mono-backbone; rectangular-section gravity die-cast aluminum frame.

Also the suspension of the 2014 CBR650F is less impressive on paper, 41mm conventional telescopic fork, 120mm stroke, while the 2014 CBR600F has a 41mm tension and preload adjustable inverted HMAS cartridge-type telescopic fork also with 120mm travel.

Also the seat height of the CBR650F was increased to 810mm for the riding comfort of European riders The 2014 Honda CBR600F comes with a seat height of 800mm.

Source: http://www.hondamc.eu/bikes/cbr600f/

The argument that I disagreed that Honda would introduce a CBR650R was based on the information that the new 650cc motorcycle would replace the CBR600RR, CBR600R, CBR600F or the CB600F. For now the Honda CBR600RR, CBR600R, CBR600F and CB600F are still in the European line-up for 2014. And according to what you can read on the internet about the EICMA show Honda will position the new 650cc between the 500cc series and the 600cc series in the European market.

For the price in Thailand of the new Honda 650cc motorcycles, I'm sure that Honda will use a bit more official way to introduce the price, and not use two pictures of the EICMA press kit and join them together in a single frame and write the price above it and post it on Facebook.... Is the price incorrect, I have no idea... If the price is correct I'm sure that Kawasaki will have some problems maintaining market share. For Benelli the Thai market is small and worldwide they have much less import duty and therefore are probably capable to still sell the BN600... for Thailand, if the price is correct, the Thai Benelli distributor and Benelli HQ have to find a way to make the bikes go down in price.

All these cry babies that focus so much on You Richard should really be focussing on the Benelli. Suddenly they all come out of the woodwork to gloat after the new Honda has been released.Like some puppetmaster controls them.

But none of them even bothered to give a reaction to the Cycle News review....

Guys, we all know You don't give a shit about the Benelli and You will never change Your mind about it. So if this bike does not interest you please just stay on your beloved honda and kawa pages.

Common? I ride my 500 to work and back every day and I can count on one hand the times I have seen another 500.

Not very common if you ask me. People still stare at my bike at the traffic lights, even after 8 months of having it.