Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

Is the Benelli in the picture not just the BN600R, which comes standard with Brembo brakes?

You could be right & my Thai reading

could be wrong

Maybe they said they just changed the master/lever setup

& lines. But I think that bike comes with braided lines already too.

But not Earls

Edited by meechai

Is the Benelli in the picture not just the BN600R, which comes standard with Brembo brakes?

You could be right & my Thai reading

could be wrong

Maybe they said they just changed the master/lever setup

& lines. But I think that bike comes with braided lines already too.

But not Earls

The Benelli BN600R, in stock doesn't come with Earls hydraulic lines...

If I have seen some poor etching and rough metal casting, that would be on the brake pics above.

Not commenting on the country where that craps is made.

Really?

Where would you say these were made ?

60.jpg

Where details like that aren't important as they are for the demanding first world buyer.

If I have seen some poor etching and rough metal casting, that would be on the brake pics above.

Really?

Where would you say these were made ?

60.jpg

Where details like that aren't important as they are for the demanding first world buyer.

demanding first world buyer....... sounds like a neo colonialist

demanding first world buyer....... sounds like a neo colonialist

Sounds like you had nothing relevant to say, but you said it anyway.

I am still wonder what your original claim about the Brembos was

Did you have something to say? Were you slagging Brembo or Italy?

I'm not slagging anybody. The first two pics show an ugly, poorly finished product that I will not buy no matter who makes them.

I'm not slagging anybody. The first two pics show an ugly, poorly finished product that I will not buy no matter who makes them.

Sounds like your slagging arguably the best Motorcycle brakes in the world

Edited by meechai

Maybe they can learn one thing or two about lettering and casting from the not best in the world factories that makes the brakes for my vehicles.

Edited by paz

Maybe they can learn one thing or two about lettering and casting from the not best in the world factories that makes the brakes for my vehicles.

since when do riksjas have disk brakes ?

I did not say disk brakes, just plier-type rubber brakes on my bycicle. Better than stomping feet on ground as I see you still do.

I did not say disk brakes, just plier-type rubber brakes on my bycicle. Better than stomping feet on ground as I see you still do.

yes sirrrrrrrr boss man sirrrrrrrrr

• 3 weeks later...

I test rode the BN600 today at the Binelli showroom on Kaset-Nawamin Rd.

I wanted to like the bike, but wasn't impressed:

Shitty gear box - no feel to the gearbox- felt like after a while it would slip gears very easy, couldn't find neutral when stopped and got false-neutral

Brakes - no progressive breaking on the front brake - was either on or off, when slowing from speed, first squeeze on the front brake and there was no response then the breaks were there but caused the front end to shudder - and I wasn't breaking hard!

Front end - felt heavy and didn't want to steer so cornering wasn't effortless, front end felt jittery all the time - felt like the front end wasn't tight or just shot

Weight - feels very heavy for a modern bike

Fueling - very on and off - not smooth at all

Looks wise it is good, and the finish seems OK. The bike has a nice sound and good power - but it wasn't a good ride at all - the bike felt unsafe. You would think they would have the test bike running sweet.

The Jap bikes are better put together - I wanted to like the Benelli cos I like inline4s and it looks like a fun bike to ride. Overall very disappointed.

I think in a few days there will be the CB650F at honda bigwing for test drive... same price.

Did you notice how many kms we're showing on the test bike?

Such a shame I thought these bikes had started to move on a bit.

No, didn't see, but if that is the state of a well ridden bike that is being serviced at their showroom/service center - then I will say 'no thanks'

The main thing that struck me was that the bike just didn't feel safe to ride, that is was shoddy - and yes is a shame cos it would be great to have another 600 option out there.

I will check out the Honda when they come in, just a shame can't get CBR600RR or R6 from the dealers.

I test rode the BN600 today at the Binelli showroom on Kaset-Nawamin Rd.

I wanted to like the bike, but wasn't impressed:

Shitty gear box - no feel to the gearbox- felt like after a while it would slip gears very easy, couldn't find neutral when stopped and got false-neutral

Brakes - no progressive breaking on the front brake - was either on or off, when slowing from speed, first squeeze on the front brake and there was no response then the breaks were there but caused the front end to shudder - and I wasn't breaking hard!

Front end - felt heavy and didn't want to steer so cornering wasn't effortless, front end felt jittery all the time - felt like the front end wasn't tight or just shot

Weight - feels very heavy for a modern bike

Fueling - very on and off - not smooth at all

Looks wise it is good, and the finish seems OK. The bike has a nice sound and good power - but it wasn't a good ride at all - the bike felt unsafe. You would think they would have the test bike running sweet.

The Jap bikes are better put together - I wanted to like the Benelli cos I like inline4s and it looks like a fun bike to ride. Overall very disappointed.

Not much surprised really!;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

I have read many of the comments with some amusement, seeing as how many people that have not read a review, or even seen the Benelli 600, are chastising it just due to being manufactured in China. I have been to the Benelli dealer in Chiang Mai, and personally I like the new 600. Yes, the Kawasaki is out there, and now the new Honda 650, but for me, maybe I want to run a little different from the rest of the crowd. Although Benelli has a small dealership, I have found them helpful and working on expansion.

I also find the "if it's Chinese, it should be cheap" philosophy somewhat exasperating. So you want a 600cc for 180,000 baht? Surely you would then be wondering about quality, performance and durability. It seems the price line is competitive, and until you have seen one, it seems that to complain about quality and manufacturing is somewhat ludicrous. As has bee pointed out, many manufacturing firms have now merged, and international design, manufacturing and marketing is fairly standard in the world.

I would give credit to Benelli for entering the market with something new and refreshing, rather than complain about their product(s) with no substantiation. Perhaps this article will help:

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/155043/88

Come March of this year, a slightly updated version will hit the showroom floor. And yes, one of those will be mine....

• Like 2

I have read many of the comments with some amusement, seeing as how many people that have not read a review, or even seen the Benelli 600, are chastising it just due to being manufactured in China. I have been to the Benelli dealer in Chiang Mai, and personally I like the new 600. Yes, the Kawasaki is out there, and now the new Honda 650, but for me, maybe I want to run a little different from the rest of the crowd. Although Benelli has a small dealership, I have found them helpful and working on expansion.

I also find the "if it's Chinese, it should be cheap" philosophy somewhat exasperating. So you want a 600cc for 180,000 baht? Surely you would then be wondering about quality, performance and durability. It seems the price line is competitive, and until you have seen one, it seems that to complain about quality and manufacturing is somewhat ludicrous. As has bee pointed out, many manufacturing firms have now merged, and international design, manufacturing and marketing is fairly standard in the world.

I would give credit to Benelli for entering the market with something new and refreshing, rather than complain about their product(s) with no substantiation. Perhaps this article will help:

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/155043/88

Come March of this year, a slightly updated version will hit the showroom floor. And yes, one of those will be mine....

your name isn't Z28 Benelli is it ??

Anyway it's Aprilia frame with Yamaha engine !!

So nothing made in China in this bike !!!

Still Nippon- Italian product

Since yesterday the only 4line you can drive was 20 years old cb400

This Benelli have good quality/price ratio

And also I am Italian who live in Thailand so I match with Italian - Asian bike!!!! 555

At last, some reasoning. Benelli is a great bike regardless of who owns it. It's a much more fun bike than the Kawa as I said in another thread. Or was this one?

Edited by BBJ