Foreign Exchange Certificate

I have been transfering money to my bangkok bank and using it for extented holidays, but have also decided to send an extra 500,000 baht a year to place on term deposit for future use-ie possible investment visa etc, if i send the funds in 2 tranfers over next 2-3 months and am going to thailand in november, can i or should i ask the people at bangkok bank for a "FOREIGN EXCHANGE CERTIFICATE", for the transfers done before, just on the off chance i need to show immigration that the funds came from over seas in the future. another reason to start transfering monies now is i can for see a strengthening of the baht as seen against all main curriencies over last few months.

The "FOREIGN EXCHANGE CERTIFICATE" will only be issued for sums in excess of

U.S. 20,000 , ( Bt 785,000 at today's rate ) in a single transaction :o

Naka. ...................good to know that, thanks...how do people who are married to thais prove that the 400,000-500,000 baht in their bank accounts came from overseas source.?..thanks again

Iv'e renewed my retirement visa numerous times ( Bt 800,000 requirement ) and

have never been asked to show a "Foreign Exchange Transaction Form".

Just asked to show a letter from the bank (costs Bt 200) showing a balance of > Bt 800k

plus photocopies of my bank book pages.

By the way, your bank book will show how the money arrived in your account.

A Siam Commercial bank book for instance shows X1 for an inward foreign currency transaction.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Iv'e renewed my retirement visa numerous times ( Bt 800,000 requirement ) and

have never been asked to show a "Foreign Exchange Transaction Form".

Just asked to show a letter from the bank (costs Bt 200) showing a balance of > Bt 800k

plus photocopies of my bank book pages.

By the way, your bank book will show how the money arrived in your account.

A Siam Commercial bank book for instance shows X1 for an inward foreign currency transaction.

Naka.

Just had a look at my bangkok bank book and it has 'FTT' which i am guessing is funds telegraphic transfered...learning all the time, whats the letter the bank gives you basicly say...is it just confirming tht you have 800,000 baht or is it indicating that the funds have arriived from overseas...it seems like immigration is only interested in that you have the funds in the account..somebody once said he trasfered the money in and then piece mealed the funds out again after that, then transfered the money back in again when it was required as he said he never needed the full amount to live on.

It's just a "form" letter stating you have the funds in your account.

Get the letter just as you are about to go for your visa, say the day

before.

Would not attempt the In/Out thing, they also want a copy of your pass book

pages. And of course you need to go back next year. :o

Naka.