Central Traffic Fiasco

stevehaigh

Boooooooooooooooring. So we are going to give daily updates? 700+ updates x 20 people until that idiocy is finished?

Once they start the construction and big trucks start hauling cargo, the drivers will adjust and get used to it.

Price of "progress".

giggle.gif

The price of the progress will be charged later.

After finishing it, some people will find out, there is one more needed, at the next traffic light. After that, one more at the next one, and so on.

Till the traffic jam from Chalong circle goes up all the way to Wat Chalong.

And we'll have to wait, till the first 100mm/h shower takes place, to find out, what kind of pupms the bought:

Expensive ones (for envelopes to fill) or good ones!whistling.gif

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phuket first-time car buyers overload Excise Office

http://www.phuketgaz...fice-19706.html

9000 cars since September 16th and up to 600 a day now and still counting

Didn't they think the traffic was bad enough already..

Obviously, the transport mafia is good for the car dealerships here. :) :)

I think I read somewhere that there are more cars registered on Phuket, per day/week/month/year than anywhere else in Thailand, including Bangkok. 10 years from now the whole island will be a used car sales yard. :) :)

Phuket first-time car buyers overload Excise Office

http://www.phuketgaz...fice-19706.html

9000 cars since September 16th and up to 600 a day now and still counting

Didn't they think the traffic was bad enough already..

I'm wondering, in the article: "was launched on September 16 last year,"

Even with "only about 100 applications a day", the 9000 does not sound so much. Could be 20000, easily. With 'only 100' over the year.

I mean, the office is having a 5 day week, isn't it?

That now some hundred of applications are coming in every day, was to expect, But the total numbers aren't working, with the statement.

They can do 400/day. Had to do 'about 100' a day, mostly, in the past 15 month

Sounds a bit like "we've been more as busy, all year", but looks like "not much work, till now"

Statistics, huu?giggle.gif

More important: How many of these new cars will be used for black taxis, and will get upgraded, sooner or later, to 'legal but no meter' taxis?

Cause the next generation of black taxi drivers will play the 'not fair' card, in case, they can't become legal, too.

Edited by noob7

What's the bet that come January the market will be flooded with cars 50k under sticker, leaving 50k for the investment.

Wouldnt surprise me in corrupt thailand

You have to keep the new vehicle for 5 years

Don't give the buyer your id card, in copy and signed: no name transfer, solved!

cheesy.gif

Edited by noob7

What's the bet that come January the market will be flooded with cars 50k under sticker, leaving 50k for the investment.

Don't give the buyer your id card, in copy and signed: no name transfer, solved!

cheesy.gif

No, hardly anybody would be willing to buy a car and not receive the blue book.

cheesy.gif

I'm wasn't talking about 'not to get' the blue book!

I was talking about no change to change the name in the blue book.

cheesy.gif

For receiving the blue book, you would need to finish the down payment first, anyway!

Edited by noob7

cheesy.gif

For receiving the blue book, you would need to finish the down payment first, anyway!

That is in effect the same, not receiving or no name change. Both would mean you still need the original owner to transfer.

cheesy.gif

That is in effect the same, not receiving or no name change. Both would mean you still need the original owner to transfer.

And that was my point: No name change possible, refund can be taken!

You got it, now?

If a buyer of a new car will go for this, it's up to the buyer.

But there are lots of buyers for older cars, not care about that anyway. The westeners, buying and selling again, to other westeners, for example.

Sometimes you have to insist, that the name gets changed. And to inform the department yourself, if problems.

In special, if you are still around. at the address, that's in the book.

No name change is not a problem for tax/insurance, but it can be an advantage.

As soon you are out of the car and on the run, after an accident, before the police gets you.

And the knock on the door happens at the address in the book.

cheesy.gif

And that was my point: No name change possible, refund can be taken!

You got it, now?

If a buyer of a new car will go for this, it's up to the buyer.

But there are lots of buyers for older cars, not care about that anyway. The westeners, buying and selling again, to other westeners, for example.

Sometimes you have to insist, that the name gets changed. And to inform the department yourself, if problems.

In special, if you are still around. at the address, that's in the book.

No name change is not a problem for tax/insurance, but it can be an advantage.

As soon you are out of the car and on the run, after an accident, before the police gets you.

And the knock on the door happens at the address in the book.

So, what's the problem there? Somebody sells a car, somebody else pays what he deems fair. How much the seller paid for the car is really not important, it is about the worth to the buyer. And if the buyer prefers no book, up to him.

But this are again the usual theories/expectations, which never come true. I'm predicting now there won't be a substantial increase in young second hand cars on the market in the next year.

So, what's the problem there?

Usually non,but one: It looks like, sometimes people don't bother, answering on posts, without reading the post, this post was the answer off!

Happened to everybody. Only to some more, as to others.

hansgruber:

petercallen:

noob7

cheesy.gif

stevenl

clap2.gif

I give you this one:

"I'm predicting now there won't be a substantial increase in young second hand cars on the market in the next year."

I think so, too! It will be more, but only the usual rate of "oops, can't pay the loan".

Edited by noob7

I would think a significant portion of the hundreds of new car owners applying for the rebate on Phuket are the girlfirends of farang.

He puts up the deposit for the car, she applies for a loan and buys it in her name. She then submits an application for the tax rebate.

If/when the relation breaks down, she goes back to working, legitimate or otherwise, the loan payments stop, the bank forecloses.

Of course, some farang may pay for the car up front. The relationship breaks down, she keeps the car, because it's in her name to collect the tax rebate, the car becomes a hire car as a business for her, or her Thai boyfriend drives it as a black taxi, or she sells it keeps the money, or the car is sent up to Issan to show the family how well she is doing in Phuket. smile.png

Either way, there is a fair chance there will be a lot of secondhand cars for sale here in the future, either by the bank at auction, or Thai women.

In any case, it's not helping the traffic situation here with hundreds of new cars on the road, no matter who is driving them.

Edited by NamKangMan

I would think a significant portion of the hundreds of new car owners applying for the rebate on Phuket are the girlfirends of farang.

He puts up the deposit for the car, she applies for a loan and buys it in her name. She then submits an application for the tax rebate.

If/when the relation breaks down, she goes back to working, legitimate or otherwise, the loan payments stop, the bank forecloses.

Of course, some farang may pay for the car up front. The relationship breaks down, she keeps the car, because it's in her name to collect the tax rebate, the car becomes a hire car as a business for her, or her Thai boyfriend drives it as a black taxi, or she sells it keeps the money, or the car is sent up to Issan to shomyw the family how well she is doing in Phuket. smile.png

Either way, there is a fair chance there will be a lot of secondhand cars for sale here in the future, either by the bank at auction, or Thai women.

In any case, it's not helping the traffic situation here with hundreds of new cars on the road, no matter who is driving them.

There are lots of decent, honest and trustworthy Thai women although you will be lucky to meet one in a bar

I put the new pickup in my wife's name because she is entitled to a rebate and i am not and she will keep the

money when she receives the rebate next year, it cost me nothing and it makes common sense to buy this way

If you trust and respect your partner

When are you going to have something good to say about Thailand, Phuket and Thai people in general

Of course, some farang may pay for the car up front. The relationship breaks down, she keeps the car, because it's in her name to collect the tax rebate, the car becomes a hire car as a business for her, or her Thai boyfriend drives it as a black taxi, or she sells it keeps the money, or the car is sent up to Issan to shomyw the family how well she is doing in Phuket. smile.png

There are lots of decent, honest and trustworthy Thai women although you will be lucky to meet one in a bar

I put the new pickup in my wife's name because she is entitled to a rebate and i am not and she will keep the

money when she receives the rebate next year, it cost me nothing and it makes common sense to buy this way

When are you going to have something good to say about Thailand, Phuket and Thai people in general

It was a general comment Peter. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, and it certainly wasn't directed at yourself.

Of course there are many decent Thai women, and probably a lot of them do not work in bars, however, most farang meet the girls that work in bars and the sole purpose of those girls is to extract money out of one, or more farang. Surely you can't deny this Peter. They have even published books about it.

I have stated in a previous post, sometime ago, the many reasons why I like Thailand/Phuket. However, in my opinion, the tourism industry on Phuket is being poorly administered, with only short term gain in mind by a minority of "influential people" and people in power. It's this administration that has caused the place to change over the years, and in my opinion, not for the better. The way Phuket is being administered does lend itself to a fair amount of criticism, certainly this year, the death toll on Phuket is a disgrace.

As far as Thai people in general, I have no problem at all with them. There are good and bad in every society. I'm a little offended that you think I'm racist Peter. If I was racist, why would I be in a foreign country????

Hey, at least the rubbish removal is good where I live. :) :) :) :)

Edited by NamKangMan

You really seem to have a dislike for bars and the ladies that work in them.

I know many nice ladies who work in bars and are not all of them are out to rip you off.

Had a bad experience in the past have you?

In my opinion, a high percentage of recent new car sales on Phuket have been made with farang money, with the car going in the Thai spouse/girlfriend's name, in order to take advantage of the tax rebate.

As per the below story in the PG, they are taking an average of around 350 applications a day. Each application equals one vehicle.

So, we are bound to see even more traffic on the roads of Phuket, due to many taking advantage of this tax break. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of the tax break, but, I suggest, we can expect to see the "Central trafic fiasco" in other places on the island as well, in the near future.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2012/Phuket-first-time-car-buyers-overload-Excise-Office-19706.html

no problem going through the construction sight the other day from the airport....

looked more like a storage yard than a consruction sight...no work going on that i could see....

The traffic into and out Chalong circle was far worse.

did see lots of new red plate cars on the road as well...

no problem going through the construction sight the other day from the airport....

looked more like a storage yard than a consruction sight...no work going on that i could see....

"did see lots of new red plate cars on the road as well..." - I think we will see a run on new cars sales on the island up until the 31st December to take advantage of the tax rebate.

Nothing wrong with the tax rebate. Probably a deal done with the car manufacturers after the big Bangkok flood debarcle. Anyway, definately will be a lot more cars on Phuket roads in the New Year.

Yeah I breezed through there twice today at 1pm & 3.30pm but astonished at the lack of urgency on the project. There is plenty of steel there but it will help if they dig out the foundations first.

Accident at the entrance of central. Car and bike now waiting for police and blocking the inside lane.

Its one lane now. Jesus

must of been next to you in the jam :)

but the bike looked pretty nice , white trialbike if i remeber .

gonna love the next two years of this construction , NOT

Yeah I breezed through there twice today at 1pm & 3.30pm but astonished at the lack of urgency on the project. There is plenty of steel there but it will help if they dig out the foundations first.

Foundations?