Girls With Poor English

payak

I'm refering to those that really cannot understand each, must say huh, what, sorry, 5 times per sentence,and just have no clue as to what each other is saying really at all.

not refering to broken english.

Sometimes I have trouble understanding you, because you type broken English.

I would like to be a fly on the wall when you and your misses attempt communication.

(What is your first language by the way?)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's as much about reading the body language, facial expressions, sensing mood swings, accepting that your partner may tell you some white lies from time to time, as understanding the words.

There's a lot more to it than speaking the same language, and if you're happy with pidgin whatever so be it.

Just my 2 cents

Yermanee wai.gif

Yeah try relying on that when trying to discuss where your kids are gonna go to school.

Not all of us live in places where there is a choice of schools.

As for where they go to university, up to me, being the man of the house (and the one paying).

What's that? "Being the man of the house" you say? Don't make me laugh.

Your wife owns the house; your wife owns the farm; your wife allows you to live there. If she pulls that, you're dust. Period.

I really don't understand why you strut around this forum like you're some kinda top notch because you're not.

Granted you did well by marrying a woman with a pot to piss in rather than emulate the dumb buffalos building houses in some strumpet's name but when all's said and done, you need her more than she needs you. Hardly a set of circumstances commensurate with being "the man of the house" wouldn't you say?

As for university fees, I guess it all pretty much depends on whether or not you're still around when your kids attain the age considering you see nothing cavalier in continuing to having more and more children at nearly 60 bloody years old.

Edited by HardenedSoul

Your wife owns the house; your wife owns the farm; your wife allows you to live there. If she pulls that, you're dust. Period.

I really don't understand why you strut around this forum like you're some kinda top notch because you're not.

Granted you did well by marrying a woman with a pot to piss in rather than emulate the dumb buffalos building houses in some strumpet's name but when all's said and done, you need her more than she needs you. Hardly a set of circumstances commensurate with being "the man of the house" wouldn't you say?

In Thailand, every foreign mans wife (gf) owns the house, owns the farm and their wife (gf) allows them to live there.

In my case (as you pointed out), I didn't pay for it all ............ which truly makes me the man of the house.

You have assumed (wrongly) that I don't have enough to live in Thailand with out her, don't judge everyone by you own income.

In Thailand, every foreign mans wife (gf) owns the house, owns the farm and their wife (gf) allows them to live there.

In my case (as you pointed out), I didn't pay for it all ............ which truly makes me the man of the house.

You have assumed (wrongly) that I don't have enough to live in Thailand with out her, don't judge everyone by you own income.

Who on earth was talking about income?

Leave it to you draw the wrong conclusions and bring it all back to what you consider to be your main advantage with women in Thailand - namely a few shekels dispensed monthly that makes you relatively well-off by average Thai standards.

My post took issue with your wannabe-alpha male attitude. Be thankful for what you've got and stop boring us with your "man of the house" chest-thumping - especially when it's obvious that it's your wife who wears the strides. Without her, I'm sure you'd be living a less charmed life than you currently do.

Rest assured, I pay my way through life in this country with a lot to spare at the end of each month and it doesn't rely on any woman granting me leave to remain in her outhouse in return for the provision of some manual labour.

for those who are curious and often ask, my first language is English.

I make many spelling mistakes because I rush and am not really concerned with the thousand or so gramma police who correct me here in a pathetic attempt to lift themselves up, after all, what else do they have to make them feel high.

there is the answer tommo, I rush it wildly and dont bother correcting it or reading back, if it can be read its fine, only useful for the little men who want to use it as ammo against me like I care.

• Like 1

I have no idea. I used to live next door to a German guy, who spoke a little English but his wife spoke absolutely no English or German. How they have any kind of relationship is beyond me. His wife would often come and ask my wife to act as a translator!

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect App

this what im talking about,I talk a hell of a lot, I would go mental.

healthy relationships go beyond the physical.

I dont like talking at all unless it short and too the point, cant be bothered with chit chat, dont speak to my wife much either, communication isnt everything

Yes, but another thing

if you do speak reasonable Thai to most Thai person, they often think because you speak good Thai it must mean you either been married to a Thai woman or had many Thai girlfriends..actually this is hard to deny when you think about whistling.gif

In the same way i do believe if a Thai girl speak VERY good English she either have a lot of experience with farang..marry or live with farang or.....

amazing many time it does walk, talk and quack like a duck but still the farang cant see!!

Why then there are so many girl who work in good jobs here,banking and other professional work in Thailand, been to good University here but still cannot speak any dot of English?

Yes, there are the one that study in western country, have work in legit tourist or big international business or very good study but it is rare..even rarer that this type would want to hang around the average farang who be washed up in Thailand and must be English teacher rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I used to be one of those guys with a wife who did not speak much english. I was younger and stupid back then. Learned the hard way communication is important.

But girls with good english who are not bar girls and have a future or good income are out of reach of many guys who are simply not attractive. Be it age manners body shape or income. Many are just not desireable by those girls so they hunt for girls who have no income or future and often no english skills.

You cant have it all most of us cant. But i bet most of us wish they could communicate good with their partner if they could choose. But often they cant choose.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

Why cant they choose?

If they did get to a time where they wish they could communicate, then why not they learn Thai?

It is not impossible to learn good enough Thai to talk about trust,commitment and honesty. I been with girls who have no English and you must have to learn Thai, if you want to go on with them anyways.

Sometimes actually i find when speaking Thai it is easier to bring up many topics than in speaking English. If i had to say some of those things to them in English rather than thai i would for sure probably get a smack in the head!

• Like 1

I used to be one of those guys with a wife who did not speak much english. I was younger and stupid back then. Learned the hard way communication is important.

But girls with good english who are not bar girls and have a future or good income are out of reach of many guys who are simply not attractive. Be it age manners body shape or income. Many are just not desireable by those girls so they hunt for girls who have no income or future and often no english skills.

You cant have it all most of us cant. But i bet most of us wish they could communicate good with their partner if they could choose. But often they cant choose.

Actually I wish my wife couldn't speak any English at all. My Thai would be a lot better.

But let's face it, this whole thread is a thinly disguised, old guy bashing thread.

I have money and education but I'm old, that doesn't mean I want an old woman, I can afford better.

Why would any Thai woman want a foreign guy that has nothing?

Let alone the wealthy and educated Thai ladies.

@the youngsters Payak, HS and Rob

Tell us again what you have to offer a Thai woman ...... good looks ...... your kiddin' yourselves.

I don't see any of you participating in the Thai language section of TV.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

how are we bashing old men, your the first to mention old men, paranoid.

i'm not bashing anyone, was looking to discuss people that cannot really speak a single word, i saw a couple recently and they could not really talk at all.

they did get frustrated and angry at each other often, everyone here knows me now, if i wish to bash old men i will just say it im not in the habit of disguising things.

to answer your question about why a woman would want someone with nothing,we dont have nothing.

we work, and you may have forgotten because its been so long old timer, there is such a thing called love.

love,chemistry,and yes on top of that im so dam_n handsome.

• Like 2

Many girls who speak English simply learned it in school, especially those with a university education.

indeed.

given the proliferation of english teachers both on TV and on the ground in thailand, it astounds me that so many board members here maintain any woman who can actually speak the language is suspect.

• Like 1

to answer your question about why a woman would want someone with nothing,we dont have nothing.

we work, and you may have forgotten because its been so long old timer, there is such a thing called love.

love,chemistry,and yes on top of that im so dam_n handsome.

I have found work vastly over-rated and have managed to avoid most of my life.

Similarly, I also found love over-rated, and prefer young and sexy, what she thinks of me isn't all that important.

Why would any Thai woman want a foreign guy that has nothing?Let alone the wealthy and educated Thai ladies.

I realise this will come as a shock to many but some people don't see price tags on everything in the world.

Few of those people are both female and Thai.

look harder

Why would any Thai woman want a foreign guy that has nothing?Let alone the wealthy and educated Thai ladies.

I realise this will come as a shock to many but some people don't see price tags on everything in the world.

You're wrong but then you seem to be fairly shameless about buying your affections so it's not surprising that you think everyone else shares your failings.

No. What you mean to say is that few of those people that someone like you would come into contact with would be both female and Thai.

As for what I have to offer is concerned lemme see . . . .

Decent looks - check

Nice duplex in the heart of Asoke - check

Well-remunerated job - check

and most importantly,

A balanced, respectful attitude to and respect for ALL women - check

Even without speaking Thai I have options.

According to you, you swerved the farang trap - you didn't rely on your money to snare your wife so why do you allude to your monthly pension so much?

Could it be that you have something to prove to the other wannabe-alpha males here?

No. What you mean to say is that few of those people that someone like you would come into contact with would be both female and Thai.

As for what I have to offer is concerned lemme see . . . .

Decent looks - check

Nice duplex in the heart of Asoke - check

Well-remunerated job - check

and most importantly,

A balanced, respectful attitude to and respect for ALL women - check

Even without speaking Thai I have options.

According to you, you swerved the farang trap - you didn't rely on your money to snare your wife so why do you allude to your monthly pension so much?

Could it be that you have something to prove to the other wannabe-alpha males here?

read the red part, its all you need.

So why did you admit in another thread that you haven't had a girlfriend for 5 years?

All that stuff, but no girlfriend ...... what's wrong with you then?

Bleating on about Alpha-males and you can't get a girlfriend in the girlfriend capitol of the world Bangkok!

PS

I never claimed alpha-male status, I'm a nerd with money.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

depends, when you go to one of those restaurants do you just sit and stair at the wall or what.

communication is the foundation of any relationship.

I can speak Thai and she can speak English, like any couple you learn each others language over a few years.

(PS. stare = fixed look, stair = something you step on)

As this thread is about communication, I understood his communication, despite the mistakes. People can communicate without having perfect, or even a good understanding of their partners, or other peoples language, sometimes people just need to try harder at understanding others, partners or otherwise.