Cctv Catches Frenchman Slapping 7-Eleven Clerk

Rimmer

CCTV Shows Frenchman Slapping 7-Eleven Clerk

25.jpeg

PATTAYA: -- A 44-year-old drunken Frenchman was arrested for assaulting employees at a 7-Eleven store on Walking Street. He had demanded a refund on a 50 THB pre-paid phone card after it was entered in his phone. When refused, he hurled his phone at employees and slapped an assistant manager’s face.

PATTAYA – December 5, 2012 [PDN]; at 5:30 a.m., a report of a foreigner assaulting 7-Eleven employees on Walking Street was received by Pol. Capt. Sathien Ratchaphongthai, Deputy Inspector, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province.

Police arrived at the scene and found the female staff arguing with the drunken foreigner, identified as Mr. Eric Carmel, age 44, nationality French. The police stopped the argument and investigated. The assistant manager, Ms. Wanpen Buadaeng, age 31, told police she had been slapped in her face by the foreigner, which left a bruise.

She described the events leading up to the violence. The drunken foreign man had entered the shop to buy a 50 THB True Move online pre-paid card for his mobile phone. A female employee refilled his phone with the phone card, and asked him for the 50 THB. The foreigner handed over a 50 THB bill and a 2 THB coin, so she gave him back the coin.

The clerk then informed the foreign man to wait for the SMS notice in his mobile phone, showing his phone was refilled. But the foreign man began shouting that the staff still didn’t refill his mobile phone, and he asked for the money back.

So the clerk asked to see his mobile phone. She saw the SMS notice stating that his phone had been refilled for the 50 THB amount. So she told the foreign man to check his mobile phone again to see the SMS notice, but the man didn’t believe her.

The drunken Frenchman threw his mobile phone at the staff, and shouted to scold the clerk very loudly. He demanded his 50 THB back, including the 2 THB coin too, even though the clerk had earlier returned his 2 THB coin.

Full story:http://www.pattayada...7-eleven-clerk/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-12-05

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This behaviour is completely out of order and has the unfortunate consequence of having Thai's who work in these area's Tarring us all by the same brush...

That said, It can also be understood why in some area's Foreigners are naturally suspicious and defensive against any possible scam, however, there is no excuse whatsoever for the poor behaviour of this moron.

This is not just poor behavior, this is barbarism. Hitting someone over a 50 baht phone card is low. This is not foreigners against discrimination and scams, this is just brutish behavior.

• Like 1

It is not acceptable for me such behavior. I suggest to use his ticket if any available, as a one way ticket back where he came from, as I have been drunken many times in my life already years ago, but I never made stories like that.

What a strange behaviour.

I bought 10 boxes of bad wine at a Wine Shop on Saiyuan road. Presumably the wine was kept in a hot place very long, probably in BKK during the flood.

The salesman would not exchange the wine, because he said it would cost him too much money. He said customers already complained about this bad wine, so he could not resell it.

I asked him why I would be left to lose money and not him. He would not care.

But then I knew that whatever I could do would cost me more emotionally (or otherwise) than the 9.000 bahts I was losing there.

And this was about 50 bahts.

Alcool by itsel cannot explain this....

All too often you see visitors and other foreigners treating Thai service staff poorly and rudely. The kind of behaviour that would not be tolerated at all in their home countries. One evening I left my wallet on the 7-11 counter - had a lot of stuff to carry and in a rush. 50 meters down the street I was tapped on the shoulder by the 7-11 cashier who handed me back my wallet. Incredible! I shared my good fortune with the young woman with a reward that made her feel the effort and honesty was worth it for sure!

The kind of behaviour that would not be tolerated at all in their home countries

Would that include France?

Just a candid question......

"The police stopped the argument and investigated."

"So the clerk asked to see his mobile phone. She saw the SMS notice stating that his phone had been refilled for the 50 THB amount. So she told the foreign man to check his mobile phone again to see the SMS notice, but the man didn’t believe her."

Maybe the foreigner thought he'd argue with his bar girl friend....... w00t.gifcheesy.gif

Around three years ago, there was a Brit who wanted to order a pork hamburger at a 7-eleven in Sisaket.

The foreigner thought his Thai was good, so he said something similar to: "Bugga mooouah"

The clerk didn't get it, even after three attempts and let another customer pay his bill. The Brit got so angry,left the shop, drove home and wanted to come back with a knife to kill this "mtohrefkcre."

Some beers could calm him down. Those who remember "Peter" will believe me....w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai