Member Of The Year 2012

smokie36

Vote for your favourites!  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK folks its time to make your choice for your favourite Member and Sub-Forum Member of the Year for 2012.

Please note that the main Competition has been split over the first two sections so only one vote please over the two sections!

Third section is for the Sub-Forums Competition only.

Voting ends Saturday 2200 BKK time.

Best of luck to all the nominees and may the dirty tricks and canvassing begin!! biggrin.png

Edit: If you have voted in the first section please click the none of the above box in the second section and proceed to the third set of voting.

Edited by smokie36

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for doing the poll, Mr. S, but it should be noted that members have the technical ability to vote for TWO members for the member of the year, and there is nothing to stop them. So there is a technical flaw in this poll so there will always be a black cloud of doubt over the results. w00t.gif Just the facts, and those are the facts. In future, the nominations should probably be limited to 20 names.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks for doing the poll, Mr. S, but it should be noted that members have the technical ability to vote for TWO members for the member of the year, and there is nothing to stop them. So there is a technical flaw in this poll so there will always be a black cloud of doubt over the results. w00t.gif Just the facts, and those are the facts.

I hope you are not calling into question the integrity of your electorate JT? shock1.gif

Thought that it was the right wingers who taked about "the great unwashed" and suchlike.....

Thanks for doing the poll, Mr. S, but it should be noted that members have the technical ability to vote for TWO members for the member of the year, and there is nothing to stop them. So there is a technical flaw in this poll so there will always be a black cloud of doubt over the results. w00t.gif Just the facts, and those are the facts.

I hope you are not calling into question the integrity of your electorate JT? shock1.gif

Thought that it was the right wingers who taked about "the great unwashed" and suchlike.....

It's too easy, mate, too easy.

I'm calling this is a bogus election even before it starts. That flaw is just too big.

Calm down JT. If it does appear that there has been a spot of vote rigging we will have a playoff between the winners of the two sections. thumbsup.gif

I think you're not getting it. It is not random. The PLACEMENT of the names will be decisive. A member who wouldn't have won may do much better just being in the weaker field. There is really no other way to technically do a fair poll than to LIMIT the nominees to 20. Edited by Jingthing

I'm calling this is a bogus election even before it starts. That flaw is just too big. This will go down as the year of the botched poll. 2012.

Cheers.

Don't worry Jingers - this is in the bag for you. A landslide I tell you.

Won't stop the GOP doomsayers coming out at pointing to some biased strawpoll in bumfark Idaho saying that you are going to lose this one.

Edited by samran

I'm calling this is a bogus election even before it starts. That flaw is just too big.

Calm down JT. If it does appear that there has been a spot of vote rigging we will have a playoff between the winners of the two sections. thumbsup.gif

I think you're not getting it. It is not random. The PLACEMENT of the names will be decisive.

I think we both know that the favourites are in the same section JT.

I could be wrong of course.....but I think it will be a fair fight.

I think you're not getting it. It is not random. The PLACEMENT of the names will be decisive.

I think we both know that the favourites are in the same section JT.

I could be wrong of course.....but I think it will be a fair fight.

The structure is not fair and invites overvoting, whether I "win" or not. Whoever wins will not have won a clean contest. Edited by Jingthing

I think you're not getting it. It is not random. The PLACEMENT of the names will be decisive. A member who wouldn't have won may do much better just being in the weaker field. There is really no other way to technically do a fair poll than to LIMIT the nominees to 20.

Names are listed as they were nominated. No further comment on this is needed JT. Yes there is a flaw in the voting system.....and we will be working with Galluping George over the next year to ensure there is a better form of democracy next year.

Until then get voting!

I am not upset. But the Jing in thing needs to be stroked and someone needed to point out the major structural flaw in this contest, so why not me, and that is now done, so move on with the games if you like. I think in sports you could the winner here an ***ASTERISK*** winner.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I thought the poll was for poster of the year, not member. I don't mind showing you some of my posters but there are limits...

The Mods might want to edit the title before some of our fellows with fewer moral inhibitions start posting their photos. In fact, I'm beginning to feel a bit nervous about coming back to this thread, for fear of what I might find.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 2

I think you're not getting it. It is not random. The PLACEMENT of the names will be decisive. A member who wouldn't have won may do much better just being in the weaker field. There is really no other way to technically do a fair poll than to LIMIT the nominees to 20.

I just want t make sure I get past the group stages and into the knock-out section of the competition, so that I can be sure of prequalifying for 2013

(or am I thinking of the world cup?)

SC

I thought the poll was for poster of the year, not member. I don't mind showing you some of my posters but there are limits...

The Mods might want to edit the title before some of our fellows with fewer moral inhibitions start posting their photos. In fact, I'm beginning to feel a bit nervous about coming back to this thread, for fear of what I might find.

SC

Just read an article on James Deen

Not sure if it is just my confuser but I have had to vote for two (section 1 & 2) people in the best member section (s) as all sections (1-3) have to be selected before it will be accepted.

Just me?

In both sections there is an option to vote for "none of the above".

I suggest you go back and redo your vote....this time clicking in the "none of the above" box for the section in which you do not wish to vote for anyone.

Simple!

He's currently winning.....expect a retraction at any moment....whistling.gif

• Like 2

Names are listed as they were nominated. No further comment on this is needed JT. Yes there is a flaw in the voting system.....and we will be working with Galluping George over the next year to ensure there is a better form of democracy next year.

Until then get voting!

Bloody hell smokie, it's you getting all the crap....can you hadle it????.... are you sure you want to do this????...ha ha