Member Of The Year 2012

smokie36

Vote for your favourites!  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voter Information Factotum Number 2:

At any time before the end of the official voting period in the great ***ASTERICKS election of DOUBT 2012*** (a Colberesque election descriptor), you are completely free to CHANGE YOUR VOTE.

If you don't know how to do that, it's very easy, so this is how you do it:

Step 1: Click Delete My Vote (bottom of poll list)

Step 2: Revote

Repeat this as many times as you like before the end of the voting period.

This way as we get towards the wire people can use their "wasted votes" on people with no chance to "win" to change the results for the better of two evils, thus greatly influencing the results in a clever way, as it were.

So of course as we say in Chicago, do your patriotic duty: Vote early, late, and OFTEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuszLPhC1aI

I agree that the " delete my vote " button should be removed from the poll, to ensure a fair poll.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the question remains, who do you have to be - below to win this joint? coffee1.gif (My previous pre-voting-start prediction for a BLETHER crown stands.)

Ive admired your postings from afar for several months jinglethings. maybe you are using reverse physcology here?

So, the question remains, who do you have to be - below to win this joint? coffee1.gif (My previous pre-voting-start prediction for a BLETHER crown stands.)

Ive admired your postings from afar for several months jinglethings. maybe you are using reverse physcology here?

... cheesy.gif

Sorry everyone ... that is just too funny ... a secret admirer ... rolleyes.gif

Blether, jelly brain, david48.

Blether got my vote for making me pee my pants on his bus trip, and his effort into story telling outdoes j.r tolkein.

Jbrain cause so many just wanna know what j stands for....jelly.(it wasnt that hard to work out)

David for making an effort to stay at his wifes farm house and ignoring others to influence him to the nearest hotel....good onya David48.

This isnt a secret vote is it?

• Like 2

I voted for the sexy one that sent me their portrait.

Strange! Dorothy must have pm'd you, but doesn't seem to be on the list..... Youu've been pulled under false pretences....cheesy.gif

Seriously, I'm very worried about this voting malarky, Smokes. If, as seems likely one (or other) of the front runners isn't happy with the outcome, what then. Look what happened to the UK, with that unholy alliance. Are we going to see jt and tb in some dubious civil partnership? drunk.gif

whistling.gif

• Like 2

Heck ... it's just a bit of fun and thanks to ole smokes for the time taken to organise the event.

Some may not know this ... but it's a special time for him at the moment,

Awwww....... has he just had his first period ;)

(s'ok, I'm still wearing my coat from last time(

Strange! Dorothy must have pm'd you, but doesn't seem to be on the list..... Youu've been pulled under false pretences....cheesy.gif

Seriously, I'm very worried about this voting malarky, Smokes. If, as seems likely one (or other) of the front runners isn't happy with the outcome, what then. Look what happened to the UK, with that unholy alliance. Are we going to see jt and tb in some dubious civil partnership? drunk.gif

whistling.gif

They are both being a little bit cagey at the moment....only the occasional jab for now.

Wait till nearer the weekend....then hopefully we will see these heavyweight members battle it out no holds barred.

Aint no Queensbury rules here.....just be careful of the referee(s)!! wink.png

• Like 1

whistling.gif

They are both being a little bit cagey at the moment....only the occasional jab for now.

Wait till nearer the weekend....then hopefully we will see these heavyweight members battle it out no holds barred.

Aha.......so it's a tactical battle is it?

I may have some cunning ruses in hand however I must say it's bad form for Jingthing to be contesting this poll at all as he has already conceded the poll during the warm up and accepted that in his opinion I rightfully should be member of the year.

I think a graceful retirement is in order here Jingthing.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

I never said should anything, mate. I said WOULD. I only pointed out that people can vote TWICE (or not) in the best poster contest for two separate choices and such a structure would never be considered in any kind of credible contest. Please desist from further false innuendo. Regards.

Edited by Jingthing

I may have some cunning ruses in hand however I must say it's bad form for Jingthing to be contesting this poll at all as he has already conceded the poll during the warm up and accepted that in his opinion I rightfully should be member of the year.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

Don't be so sure... their might be some conspiration ongoing... everybody giving you the vote now... let you celebrate...

And on Saturday, loads of people will use the "delete vote" button that JT pointed out and change to vote....

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

Don't be so sure... their might be some conspiration ongoing... everybody giving you the vote now... let you celebrate...

And on Saturday, loads of people will use the "delete vote" button that JT pointed out and change to vote....

Yes, do not forget the delete vote option. It will be good fun when it gets near the wire to see if some people decide not to "waste" their vote on a sure non-winner of this ASTERISKS contest.

I never said should anything, mate. I said WOULD. I only pointed out that people can vote TWICE (or not) in the best poster contest for two separate choices and such a structure would never be considered in any kind of credible contest. Please desist from further false innuendo. Regards.

I'd be embarrassed to take part in a contest that I thought was not credible. Luckily, I am well-blessed with credulity

SC

There's still time to pull out, but you don't want to leave it too late...

I'd be embarrassed to take part in a contest that I thought was not credible. Luckily, I am well-blessed with credulity

SC

There's still time to pull out, but you don't want to leave it too late...

Thanks for sharing with the world what YOU would be embarrassed about.

If you think that I should be embarrassed, I invite you to own my embarrassment for me and put it in a very special place in a very pretty little brightly colored box ... the embarrassment I don't have.

Edited by Jingthing

whistling.gif

Queensbury rules should benefit unfairly JT right ?

• Like 1

whistling.gif

Think you spoke too soon about someone being cagey....A couple of toys have been flung across the ring!!! passifier.gif

Ah! So we ARE allowed to make public comment on the referees, then??.............. whistling.gif

• Like 2

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

I should point out that I nominated Jingthing as member of the year. smile.png

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

I should point out that I nominated Jingthing as member of the year. smile.png

One could be forgiven for thinking that he seems a tad ungrateful wink.png

Blether got my vote for making me pee my pants on his bus trip, and his effort into story telling outdoes j.r tolkein.

Jbrain cause so many just wanna know what j stands for....jelly.(it wasnt that hard to work out)

David for making an effort to stay at his wifes farm house and ignoring others to influence him to the nearest hotel....good onya David48.

I have to admit that I made an honest mistake when I created my username.

It should have been The Brain like in The Donald.smile.png

its ok, the smartest guy on TV knows what it means and that is all that matters.

I am not upset. But the Jing in thing needs to be stroked and someone needed to point out the major structural flaw in this contest, so why not me, and that is now done, so move on with the games if you like. I think in sports you could the winner here an ***ASTERISK*** winner.

What he 79824.gifhas to do with this poll ?
  • Like 1

its ok, the smartest guy on TV knows what it means and that is all that matters.

I'm staying neutral though. neus.gif

I am not upset. But the Jing in thing needs to be stroked and someone needed to point out the major structural flaw in this contest, so why not me, and that is now done, so move on with the games if you like. I think in sports you could the winner here an ***ASTERISK*** winner.

That's JT dressed up for the dancing, where did you get that? rolleyes.gif

I know you're Scottish, so you probably never got comics in your early years, but that guy is Asterisks. smile.png

whistling.gif

Queensbury rules should benefit unfairly JT right ?

You've obviously never heard the story of Oscar and the Marquess...

I know you're Scottish, so you probably never got comics in your early years, but that guy is Asterisks. smile.png

I think that's called...........woooosh!!!! rolleyes.gif

Edited by theblether