Welcome To Gay People In Thailand

Guest IT Manager

Guest IT Manager

My best wishes for the success of this topic.

We are currently looking for a Moderator. PLease let an admin know if you are interested in moderating.

IT :o

Welcome Gay People...

Whilst I am happily heterosexual, I really look forward to exploring the view, if any different, gay people have on their life and times in Thailand.

I do hope that the people who are not open minded enough to accept other people as they are stay out of here, would hate to see this topic become a "poofter bashing" topic.

Admin, does the prospective moderator need to be a gay person? is that what George meant by "experience"? just curious :o

No, not neceesaily at all. But a moderator on this board should have some experience with forum software like this. Are you interested to keep an eye on this forum branch, Tukyleith, just to protect it from bashing and misuse?

Hi..

I'd be happy to help with the moderation of this Forum.. (especially as I think it was started at my suggestion...! :o

(Many thanks to George and IT Man.. for their support!) :D

I just don't know what the job entails.. Can someone enlighten me..

As to our "unique take" on lifestyle in Thailand.. it's really remarkably similar! As str8 people have Thai girlfriend drama, we also have Thai bf drama too..! (For many of the same cultural reasons, I think...)

Although, I am still learning the Thai culture.. how they think.. why they react the way they do...

I know from reading on here, that Thai men get a bad rap for being "less than monogamous"... I've found that some (not all!) gay Thai men are somewhat more romantic, loving, and willing to work on a serious monogamous relationship. Bit like the girls really!

I have a Farang bf in Los Angeles (where I live), and a Thai bf in BKK...

BIG difference!!

Cheers

Chris P.

Guest IT Manager
Whilst I am happily heterosexual, I really look forward to exploring the view, if any different, gay people have on their life and times in Thailand.

Tukyleith, maybe you and I should do it together.

OMG One minute a forum, the next minute a dating service.

I will be watching you Tuky. That night in the hotel room changed me.... teerak. :o

I have a Farang bf in Los Angeles (where I live), and a Thai bf in BKK...

BIG difference!!

Two...what's this about Thai gays not being faithful?
How am I going to tell my wife???

oh, she has a good heart, she will understand

Just don't tell your work friends!

That night in the hotel room changed me.... teerak

Coo, Coo!

Guest IT Manager

Well Chris, you started it. Do you want to moderate as well.

Be good to have at least one gay person moderating it

IT (Deep Voice)

Guest IT Manager

Reminds of a cartoon years ago in a hotel room.

Two chaps lying on the bed saying at the same time "but I thought you were butch"..

This is a great idea and have chosen appropriate mods (good mix :D ).

Would I be safe to assume fag hags are more than welcome to drop in and visit? :D

All the best with it.

mrentoul - curious whether the word "tranny" is ok :o:D

My gay friends are good at adapting. A young guy I met a few years ago was the ''submissive'' one in those days (junior in age, softer...let's not say anything else).

He was with an older, wiser head, a Thai-Chinese who has never been a submissive partner in his life.

Anyway, a year or so ago they fell out and the younger one ended up with someone even younger and sweeter than himself.

These days he is the guy in charge. He teaches computers at a school in Chon Buri, and his boyfriend is a naval cadet.

Last time they stayed with me the older one helped the younger one on with his cadet's uniform, and gave him his pocket money for the day. The younger one then gave him (and me) a deep wai. It was enchanting to watch.

I took the young one out to find a cab. I felt proud to be walking alongside such a handsome young man (and of course, I love uniforms).

Guest IT Manager
mrentoul - curious whether the word "tranny" is ok :o:D

Nat, as a bystander, I think tranny is quite fine, for example "I just got a new tranny for my harley in the mail"

Mrentoul....

Two...what's this about Thai gays not being faithful?
The difference is, they both know about each other.. and are ok with it. :o

Please god they never actually meet!

I agree about the parallels in the two lifestyles. I don't have a lot of gay friends, I just have friends, both Thai and foreign, though I guess I prefer the Thai ones, since I never even get asked about my/our relationship. It just is.

Thanks Judge....

That's one of the appealing things about Thailand, for me.....

There's - lets say - just a few years between the Thai bf and me... so when he asked me to meet his parents, in BuriRam, I said ".. but what will you tell them..?" He said..." That you my boyfriend."

He did. And no problem. :D

Chris P.

GAY- (www.yourdictionary.com)

1. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

2. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.

3. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.

4. Given to social pleasures.

5. Dissolute; licentious.

everyone is welcome Candyflip.

but...if you can't stand the heat darling, stay out of the kitchen :o

Not good news today...

The bf called me to say his mother has had to go into Hospital in BuriRam...

Bad chest infection (not chix flu)... She wasn't in too good shape last time I saw her in December. She's now in ICU on oxygen....

Parents live on a very small farm outside BuriRam.. bf called me and I could hear the cockerel crowing.. He's "so sad about mother..", and of course wants me there.

MAaiiee..... :o (he says in frustration) I can't go until March.

ChrisP.