U.s. Secretary Of State Clinton Faints, Suffers Concussion

News_Editor

U.S. Secretary of State Clinton faints, suffers concussion < br />

2012-12-16 09:03:29 GMT+7 (ICT)

WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who is already suffering from a stomach virus, fainted earlier this week and suffered a concussion, an aide at the U.S. State Department said on Saturday. It will force her to miss scheduled congressional hearings into the Sept. 11 attack in Libya.

An aide, Philippe Reines, said the 65-year-old secretary of state had become dehydrated and fainted, causing a concussion. "She has been recovering at home and will continue to be monitored regularly by her doctors," Reines said. State Department officials declined to say when and where the incident occurred.

Dr. Lisa Bardack of Mount Kisco Medical Group and Dr. Gigi El-Bayoumi of George Washington University said the stomach virus had led to what they described as extreme dehydration. "Over the course of this week we evaluated her and ultimately determined she had also sustained a concussion," they said in a joint statement.

The former First Lady had already been forced to cancel a trip to Morocco earlier in the week, and doctors have recommended she should continue to rest and avoid strenuous activity. "She will continue to work from home next week, staying in regular contact with Department and other officials," Reines said, adding that she is looking forward to being back in the office soon.

The illness means Clinton will not be able to testify as scheduled at congressional hearings on Thursday into the September 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in the Libyan port city of Benghazi. The attack resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador John Christopher Stevens.

"I am sorry to learn of Secretary Clinton's ill health and I wish her a quick and full recovery," said U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee. "It is, however, unfortunate that Secretary Clinton is unable to testify next week before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs on the investigation into the terrorist attack that killed four Americans and left others injured."

Clinton, who is expected to step down at the beginning of Obama's second term as president, had been called to testify before the congressional hearings to find out more about the State Department's findings of the Accountability Review Board and how to prevent similar attacks from happening in the future.

In January 2005, at the time a U.S. Senator, Clinton was also suffering from a stomach virus and fainted while giving a speech to roughly 125 people at the Saturn Club in Buffalo, New York. She quickly downplayed the episode, saying it was "not as dramatic as it sounds," but later canceled another speech for health reasons.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-12-16

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very convenient..........................................thumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif

Not at all convenient. First of all, she's not the sort of person to run from confrontation and would probably put the Fox News toadies in their place.

Secondly, she appears to be looking to run in the next presidential election. If her health is questioned or if it appears she was dodging some Fox News talking point, that wouldn't do her any good.

• Like 2

Very convenient..........................................thumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif

Not at all convenient. First of all, she's not the sort of person to run from confrontation and would probably put the Fox News toadies in their place.

Secondly, she appears to be looking to run in the next presidential election. If her health is questioned or if it appears she was dodging some Fox News talking point, that wouldn't do her any good.

What does Fox News have to do with this?

She was scheduled to testify to CONGRESS about the Benghazi mistakes.

• Like 2

Benghazi was back in Septmeber, and she has been running and dodging the issue since then. I also believe that this was too convenient. You are right. She is running for President in 2016, and does not want this to be a part of her future campaign. She will never testify as she is retiring in January, and only needs to have a concussion until then. But even with this major concussion, her office says that she will still be running the State Dept. from home? Come 'on, even a strong democrat needs to see what is going one here. People died for goodness sakes. We need to know why.

We all know why. And we all know why we were lied to about it. And we all know why we will never hear about in the media.

She and her man, Mr. Bill, are the most popular politicians in America. Wishing her the best and four year's rest ... and then ...

This Libya thing is irrelevant to her bright future. The Foxy Fanatics would never support her anyway.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

She and her man, Mr. Bill, are the most popular politicians in America. Wishing her the best and four year's rest ... and then ...

This Libya thing is irrelevant to her bright future. The Foxy Fanatics would never support her anyway.

+1

very true

Benghazi was back in Septmeber, and she has been running and dodging the issue since then. I also believe that this was too convenient. You are right. She is running for President in 2016, and does not want this to be a part of her future campaign. She will never testify as she is retiring in January, and only needs to have a concussion until then. But even with this major concussion, her office says that she will still be running the State Dept. from home? Come 'on, even a strong democrat needs to see what is going one here. People died for goodness sakes. We need to know why.

I think even she is bright enough to know that having a concussion will not get her out of the hearings, it will merely delay it.

Fox and the hawks just can't let this go, they want revenge for getting stuffed in the election.

• Like 1

I think even she is bright enough to know that having a concussion will not get her out of the hearings, it will merely delay it.

Fox and the hawks just can't let this go, they want revenge for getting stuffed in the election.

Hey, someone has to care about our diplomats getting murdered and get to the bottom of it. Can't expect those guilty of covering it up and refusing help to do it. That would be like asking Nixon to investigate what happened at the Watergate.

Edited by koheesti

+1

very true

I too hope she recovers from her horrible fall that resulted in a concussion that will prevent her from testifying before Congress later this week but wasn't bad enough to have her checked out at a hospital. Can't risk that pesky clean bill of health getting leaked.

The Americans that hate on Hillary, hate on her an awful lot, and they won't ever change, but they do represent a minority.

My view of Hillary has been very favorable the past 4 years. That doesn't mean that I'm blind to what is happening.Others are free to keep their eyes and mind closed if it makes them sleep better at night.

I too hope she recovers from her horrible fall that resulted in a concussion that will prevent her from testifying before Congress later this week but wasn't bad enough to have her checked out at a hospital. Can't risk that pesky clean bill of health getting leaked.

Clinton, 65, is currently recovering at home following last week's incident, when extreme dehydration caused by a stomach virus resulted in her losing consciousness on Thursday. The concussion that she sustained while falling further aggravated her condition, which required regular medical attention.

Clinton had to cancel a number of trips last week, as well as visits to North Africa and several Gulf countries scheduled to start on Monday because of her health. She promised to return to work soon, but has thus far carried out her duties from home.

If she suffers an illness or injury the next time, then please feel free to be suspicious. Otherwise it just sounds like bitchy little schoolgirls.

I doubt that Hillary would use such a rouse to duck out of anything other than her own funeral. It would make her look weak, and would forever hold her health up to question (eg, she's prone to passing out, fainting, etc), especiallly if she tries again for The Big Prize, Carville himself would tell her that. Still, that it happened in her residence and word went out to the media makes me wonder. I mean, if she has a real stinko bowel movement does that info find its way into the press? If she was going to call in sick I would guess she'd lean more toward something like a stomach flu that will heal after this Congress adjourns.

It's a tough job, I'm surprised Kerry wants it. US Senator is probably one of the easiest and most advantageous jobs in the world.

The GOP motive behind the Susan Rice lynch mob was to get Kerry in there, thus giving up his Senate seat and opening it up for the possibility of getting one of their own elected to it. I think Rice stepping down was part of the horse-trading to get the GOP to stand down, so I don't expect much coming from these hearings. I guess the only remaining thing for the hearings to accomplish is to splash Hillary with some mud in anticipation of her 2016 ambitions.

Concussion from a stomach virus. !!! Concussion is a condition resulting from a head injury but it does conviently give rise to loss of memory.

What are you on about?

It says:

last week's incident, when extreme dehydration caused by a stomach virus resulted in her losing consciousness on Thursday. The concussion that she sustained while falling further aggravated her condition
Edited by Chicog

Which hospital was she taken to? Anybody know?

That's any of your business? Haha, you guys are amusing. Watch Fox, get blood boiling, concoct a bunch of conspiracy theories and stay angry. Lol, about her lying about concusion because you cannot get one from a stomach virus. Just stay away from guns when getting riiled up watching Fox and unraveling those conspiracies.

Hey, someone has to care about our diplomats getting murdered and get to the bottom of it. Can't expect those guilty of covering it up and refusing help to do it. That would be like asking Nixon to investigate what happened at the Watergate.

Secretary Clinton, most certainly cares about her personnel. What motivates you to engage in such cruel character assassination as to intimate that she doesn't care? She knew the deceased diplomat and had to deal with the aftermath of pain and despair at the State Department. The Secretary is not afraid of the truth, nor has she covered up anything.

Every experienced diplomat that has had hands on experience has said the same thing, Sh* happens. This doesn't downplay the incident, but attacks happen and a great deal of of the responsibility for local security rests with the diplomats themselves, and the decisions they take. Familiarity breeds complacency. We did it in the lab, eating our lunch in close proximity to infectious agents, doctors do it every day, in not washing their hands after touching patients, diplomats do it, when they don't take local conditions into account when they undertake activities.

Which hospital was she taken to? Anybody know?

They probably aren't releasing the name because there are some DJ's in Australia that are trying to call.

Well, maybe if they called, they could give a lesson in crocodile ears and a stellar public performance of hand wringing and regret. It seems that Secretary Clinton did not weep enough or show enough emotion to satiate the anti Obama administration group's desire for a public display of angst.

Secretary Clinton, most certainly cares about her personnel. What motivates you to engage in such cruel character assassination as to intimate that she doesn't care? She knew the deceased diplomat and had to deal with the aftermath of pain and despair at the State Department. The Secretary is not afraid of the truth, nor has she covered up anything.

Every experienced diplomat that has had hands on experience has said the same thing, Sh* happens. This doesn't downplay the incident, but attacks happen and a great deal of of the responsibility for local security rests with the diplomats themselves, and the decisions they take. Familiarity breeds complacency. We did it in the lab, eating our lunch in close proximity to infectious agents, doctors do it every day, in not washing their hands after touching patients, diplomats do it, when they don't take local conditions into account when they undertake activities.

Rational thinking and common sense are not traits of those governed by fear and emotion. Of course she cared, much more than any one on here simply using this for some personal agenda.

Character assassination against a politician? You are freakin' hilarious. Follow that with, "Sh*t happens"? Really? I have friends who are diplomats, some new, some about to retire, and I haven't heard, "Oh well, sh*t happens". I don't suppose you have actually followed what has happened, probably just took the admin's word that it was about a protest and only Fox right wing fanatics think it's an issue. When in fact, ANYONE who reads about it knows something isn't right. Just that some people choose to remain in the dark if it helps them sleep.

Personally, I agree that Hillary does care. But as Sec of State she is not acting as Hillary Clinton, she is acting as the Sec of State and answers to her boss in the White House and does his bidding, and says what he tells her to say. Maybe she doesn't want to testify under oath because telling the truth might not be pretty. Getting out of testifying just shows how smart she is. Some people can believe that this is totally legit, just a coincidence and not related to her testimony at all. Just like it was a coincidence that a week or so before the CIA Director was to testify, a long known about affair became public and he resigned. Again, not related to his testimony at all, I'm sure.

Just for the record, her condition was not considered serious enough to require hospitalization, just serious enough to keep her from testifying before the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

By a strange quirk of fate, there will be a new Congress sworn in on 3 January 2013, with perhaps some friendlier members appointed to the Benghazi investigation.

Unfortunate accident with very fortunate results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hillary Clinton faints, has concussion

By Elise Labott, CNN

December 17, 2012 -- Updated 1458 GMT (2258 HKT)

Washington (CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sustained a concussion after becoming dehydrated and fainting, and will no longer testify Thursday before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on the deadly attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Clinton had been suffering from a stomach virus at the time, according to a statement on Saturday from Philippe Reines, deputy assistant secretary of state.

She is being monitored by doctors and is recovering at home. She was never hospitalized, Reines said.

Entire article here: http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t2

I bet they are doing it just to get a rise out of the Fox news psychos and to anger people like you. Probably made up the whole stomach virus thing, fall and head injury due to underestimating the great investigation ability of TV members. If Republicans had been in office, you guys would be defending the administration so at least not act like you give two rats butt checks about anything but discrediting the evil opposing party.

Why not use all this great conspiracy busting ability to solve the mysteries of UFOs, alien abduction, ancient alliens and, more importantly, help those dudes on animal planet find big foot once and for all.