The Beers In Thailand

thelegend

My solution to the problem of lousy Thai beers -- drink Beer Lao... regular or dark.

More expensive than the Thai beers by 10 to 20 baht per bottle. But about half the price of most of the larger country imports.

And a quite decent beer to drink.... as a beer... But obviously not if someone only will accept an inkind replacement for some British ale.

• Like 1

I confirm my status as a beer snob. I have found all of the locally produced beer in Thailand to be almost undrinkable. The best locally produced pigswill is Leo, which I would classify as just about drinkable if you've spent the last four days crawling across the Sahara dying of thirst. Personally, I search out English real ale where I can find it and Guinness if I can't. You can also get some tolerably good German wheat beer in Pattaya.

A further problem and it's a problem with all beer in Thailand is that of bar owners economizing on electricity and serving the beer too warm.

In Thailand there is too much passing trade. If they serve warm beer, crap beer or warm crap beer it doesn't matter a lot because every couple of weeks there will be a turnover in customers. I agree with the comment about tea. I would rather drink tea anytime than lousy warm local Thai beer. But then I'm also a tea snob so I have to stay at home to enjoy it or take my own tea bags!Hey Rajab, Great post mate. Couldn't have been better said.I too find consolation in the Pommy Real Ale and German Wheat beer , though satisfaction comes at a price .If you ever find an Aus beer called Coopers try it it's good, especially their copies of English Real Ale. And keep away from that bloody tea.....haven't you noticed all the senile old farts that drink that stuff?

I confirm my status as a beer snob. I have found all of the locally produced beer in Thailand to be almost undrinkable. The best locally produced pigswill is Leo, which I would classify as just about drinkable if you've spent the last four days crawling across the Sahara dying of thirst. Personally, I search out English real ale where I can find it and Guinness if I can't. You can also get some tolerably good German wheat beer in Pattaya.

A further problem and it's a problem with all beer in Thailand is that of bar owners economizing on electricity and serving the beer too warm.

In Thailand there is too much passing trade. If they serve warm beer, crap beer or warm crap beer it doesn't matter a lot because every couple of weeks there will be a turnover in customers. I agree with the comment about tea. I would rather drink tea anytime than lousy warm local Thai beer. But then I'm also a tea snob so I have to stay at home to enjoy it or take my own tea bags!Hey Rajab, Great post mate. Couldn't have been better said.I too find consolation in the Pommy Real Ale and German Wheat beer , though satisfaction comes at a price .If you ever find an Aus beer called Coopers try it it's good, especially their copies of English Real Ale. And keep away from that bloody tea.....haven't you noticed all the senile old farts that drink that stuff?

Coopers readily available all over Bkk, Big C usually has red green and yellow label available, about 100 baht per bottle.

O haras stout and pale ale available, 200 baht per 1/2 litre bottle.

Coopers readily available all over Bkk, Big C usually has red green and yellow label available, about 100 baht per bottle.

O haras stout and pale ale available, 200 baht per 1/2 litre bottle.

Coopers is much better than any thai beer, but not great. Had a rogue ale yesterday and it reminded me how nothing in the world comes even close to american micro brews

Those that doubt it havent tried it

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Coopers is much better than any thai beer, but not great. Had a rogue ale yesterday and it reminded me how nothing in the world comes even close to american micro brews

Please point me in the direction of any American micro brews available here.

Please point me in the direction of any American micro brews available here.

I believe bourbon st is now carrying rogue

Earlier this year, this is what Tesco OnNut was stocking in the way of noteworthy beer imports.... Opinions???

post-58284-0-45752600-1356511475_thumb.j

post-58284-0-92970600-1356511472_thumb.j

post-58284-0-13185100-1356511474_thumb.j

post-58284-0-39013000-1356511623_thumb.j

My first observation is that Blackthorn and Crumpton oaks are actually Ciders! (oh, and the Natch and that Irish one next to it also)

On that note...I have only tasted one made in Thailand cider...and it was bah.gif

Edited by BookMan

Thanks for the tip about Coopers. I'll give it a try.

• 3 weeks later...