Required Documents For Oa Visa

Guest Froggy

Hi Members!

I would like to know what's the required documents to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa type OA(Marriage) with multiple entries.

I'm a 29 yo Canadian Citizen and wish to apply for Non-Immigrant OA (Multiple Entries) after I'll be Married with my girlfriend(Thai Citizen).

What are they looking for?

Medical certificate?

Police Certificate of my country?

Birth Certificate?

Marriage Certificate?

For the Financial Requirements, if the informations I've got is that it's neccessary before the extension application.

Like I said I'm 29 yo so I'm not looking for informations about Retirement! :o

Can I apply for this type of Visa during the time I'm in the Kingdom with a Tourist Visa?

Thanks!

Froggy

Thanks Dr Pat Pong!

For the multiple O visa, are they requiring the same documents as a OA visa!

Do they ask for specific finances?

Do I need also the Police certificate?

If I'm asking for the Police certificate that's because it's very long to get it!

Is it really necessary for a Multiple O Visa?

Froggy

Hi!

Is it possible also to know if I can apply for the Multiple O Visa in Thailand or in a country beside! Like I said I'm Canadaian so do I have to apply for it in my country?

For the Tourist Visa Double Entries, after a Visa like that, can I go like in Laos and apply for another Visa like that?

Froggy

I just got mine back. I applied in the United States at the Royal Thai Embassy in Chicago. I send in the following and was approved.

1. Two passport sized Photos

2. Marriage certificate (the Thai one)

3. Check for Visa ($50)

4. Visa Application

5. Self addressed Envelope with postage

6. original Passport (so it can be stamped)

Got it back in about two weeks

Greg

Thanks Dr Pat Pong!

For the multiple O visa, are they requiring the same documents as a OA visa!

Do they ask for specific finances?

Do I need also the Police certificate?

If I'm asking for the Police certificate that's because it's very long to get it!

Is it really necessary for a Multiple O Visa?

Froggy

The police clearance is generally not required for an O visa. It is a feature of a permanent residence application. They may ask for evidence that you do have sufficient funds to comply with banking / income requirements for extended stays.

Thanks Dr Pat Pong!

If I understand correctly, to apply for a Multiple O visa, I just need to proof that I'm Married to a Thai Citizen.

For the Financial proof, it will be required only after the validity of 1 year of the Multiple O visa if I apply for an extension.

Is it possible to know where I can apply for this Visa because after I'll be married, I realy don't wanna have to come back in Canada to apply for the Multiple O visa!

Thanks!

Froggy

Thanks again Dr Pat Pong!

So I can apply for a Multiple O visa without having to show financila status?

This Multple O visa is valid for one year but have to leave each 90 days!

If I'm wrong let me know!

That mean that I can use the Multiple O Visa 4 times during the Year! After that, if I wanna stay again for another Year, I have to ask for an extension and show my financial status.

By applying for the Multiple O visa, it is automaticly valid for a year but have to leave each 90 days.

If I understand clearly, I can apply for the Multiple O visa in Thailand after I get Married!

Give Me some news!

Thanks again!

Froggy

Dr Pat Pong!

If I go like in Loas, Cambodia to apply for a Multiple O Visa, will it be considere as an extension?

I would like to know also if it's possible to reaply for a Tourist Visa Double Entries after my first one will be expire!

Can I apply for this Visa also in a country abroad Thailand?

Thanks again!

Froggy

Dr Pat Pong!

If I go like in Loas, Cambodia to apply for a Multiple O Visa, will it be considere as an extension?

I would like to know also if it's possible to reaply for a Tourist Visa Double Entries after my first one will be expire!

Thanks again!

Froggy

The non-immigrant visa acquired in Laos will be a multiple entry visa based on marriage. Valid for a year and enabling 90 day stays. Any extension must be done in Thailand. When the year is up, just reapply in Laos.

For one more time,

thanks again Dr Pat Pong!

Is it a good choice to choose Laos to apply for the Multiple O visa?

Is there some better country abroad to get this Visa easyly without problems?

Thanks again!

Froggy

Dr Pong,

Hi, you mentioned Penang above, is it under new management now and is as easy as BNE to get a type O?

I have a type O and do not support anyone except the hookers and their pimps, sorry, bar managers and owners :o

Penang is so busy they still do a lot the hard way. Brisbane is a far flung outpost of the King, and a bit more laid back. Use the hookers and pimps as referees for your visa. Are you sure you don't need a work permit for that line of trade? :D

BNE only wanted to see my passbook, which I forgot but they saw that my rtn air ticket was valid for 2 days only, proving my desire to get back to the hookers and their pimps in BKK, asap.

No work permit was mentioned!...... :o

They fixed up the visa fast so as to get you back in the social scene as soon as possible. :D

Hi Dr Pat Pong!

I received today some informations from the Thai Consulate about the required documents to apply outside Thailand for a Multiple O visa!

The officer mentionned that We need:

Marriage Certificate

Id card(Thai wife)

and

Financial Proof

Now I'm seriously confused!

On thaivisa.com, people are saying that we don't need to show the financial status if we apply for this visa and have to show it only when we apply for the extension!

So can I apply after my Tourist Visa Double entries for another Tourist Visa Double entries from a country beside Thailand after 1 week outside Thailand?

Thanks again!

Froggy

Here's the email I received from the Royal Thai Conculate!

To obtain a multiple entries non. immigrant visa from the Royal

Thai Consulate or Embassy outside Thailand after registered marriage with

your future wife and received a marriage certificate. You may submit

the application for the visa with the photocopy of a marriage

certificate, a copy of your spouse Thai ID Card or Thai Passport, Proof of

Financial Status, and any other ducuments maybe required upon the request of

the consul. Please check for details procedure from the Consulate or

Embassy that you are going to obtain a visa from.

Your Sincerely,

Ok!

Now I would like to know if someone knows how many times after used a Tourist Visa 2 entries we can leave the kingdom and geting in with a 30 days stamp?

Can we get this 30 days stamp about 6 consecutive times each 30 days?

I wanna stay for minimum a Year and with the Multiples entries O visa, if they ask for the financial proof it will cause some troubles!

After I'll be married, I will have left about 5000$ canadian!

So I think that's not enough for the Thai Emabssy!

I have nothing to pay there!

Just food!

So how can I stay there for a Year?

Froggy!

Dr Pat Pong!

Thanks again!

Froggy

The non-immigrant visa acquired in Laos will be a multiple entry visa based on marriage. Valid for a year and enabling 90 day stays. Any extension must be done in Thailand. When the year is up, just reapply in Laos.

Froggy...you are asking the same question over and over. Once you are married, jut go to Laos and get that multiple entry Non-Immigrant visa. Re-read your earlier questions and the answers given.

Hi Dr Pat Pong!

I know I can ask nearly all the same questions but like I said, I'm receiving some answers on Thaivisa.com saying something and I received an answer from the Royal Thai consulate who's saying something else! :o

On Thaivisa.com, the infos I've got are that if leave the Kingdom and apply for a Multiple O visa that the Financial proof will not be required because it"s not considere as an extension of stay.

From the Consulate, I received the info that is saying that I need to show my financial status even if it's not for an extension of stay!

So to see that there's a possibility that they gonna require that, I'm trying to know if I can get another Tourist Visa Double entries when my first Tourist Visa Double entries will be expire!

And if I can't, I'm trying to know how many stamps of 30 days I can have in my passport after my Tourist Visa double entries(6months)

I'm trying to prepare my next trip by wishing to have the exact informations to don't have some surprises when I'll be there and learn that after my Tourist Visa 2 entries I have to leave the kingdom.

Like I mentioned before, I will not have the neccessary funds that the Immigration is asking! If they double the amount in July or August, everything in concern with financial status is causing problems for my stay!

Have a Good Day Dr Pat Pong!

Froggy

Immigration officers have the power to convert a valid tourist visa to an O but that will be the extended visa and you need to comply with the income / banking arrangements. You can get the 12 month multiple entry at say, Penang.

Excuse my cynicism here but I can guess what answer I would have got going from a tourist visa (a 30 day for me a Brit) straight to an O without applying outside the country - just what type of hybrid would one need to be to even be considered and not laughed out of the office?

Immigration officers have the power to convert a valid tourist visa to an O but that will be the extended visa and you need to comply with the income / banking arrangements.   You can get the 12 month multiple entry at say, Penang.

Excuse my cynicism here but I can guess what answer I would have got going from a tourist visa (a 30 day for me a Brit) straight to an O without applying outside the country - just what type of hybrid would one need to be to even be considered and not laughed out of the office?

A 30 day entry is not a visa as such. Not able to be converted. Your cynicism is safe.... :o and sound !