Does Your Thai Wife/gf Believe In Father Christmas?

andrew

So, do you have:

1. a Christmas tree

2. lots of fairy lights

3. presents under the tree (not to be opened until 25/12)

-----------------

Do you teach your Thai children/stepchildren Christmas traditions? And do they believe?

We've got a superb tree; loads of Xmassy movies; several bags of nuts; a great cake; and half a ton of cheese and "posh" ham.

How about you?

Christmas tree up inside the house, presents wrapped up under it.

Fairy lights on two trees in the front garden.

Turkey in the freezer, cranberry sauce in the fridge.

And all done by the missus. No doubt she will want me to add to what is under the tree. (two of the pressies are for the dogs; furry toys so they can rip them to pieces! Nothing like Christmas spirit, eh?)

Neither of us believe in it and the kids are 19 & 21yo respectively, but it is something she looks forward to every year.

Sort of stand-by for the turkey sandwiches and soup into the new year......................wink.png

• Like 2

As a kid I loved Christmas. The lights, the colours, the family unit and of course the pressies. I cannot think of 1 reason why I wouldn't want my son to have those memories also.

Forget everything else, to a kid Christmas is about fun. Sure I will teach him what it's about, but my main motivation is about good times.

Ex was Christian so Christmas was big in the family, including caroling and church services. We would bring lots of decorations back from the US.

Current GF studied in Sweden and loves the holiday, so we are baking cookies, exchanging presents, decorating a tree this year.

I enjoy it, but I am sick of the music and decorations while out and about. Sadly it seems to have followed me here...

But it's a fun way to spend time with loved ones, so why not? Just don't let it become to big. Back in the US my family agreed to no more presents. So we all exchange baked goods etc amongst the extended family, because pie is much better than a sweater!

Halloween is my favorite holiday though, glad to see it gain traction here.

As a kid I loved Christmas. The lights, the colours, the family unit and of course the pressies. I cannot think of 1 reason why I wouldn't want my son to have those memories also.

Forget everything else, to a kid Christmas is about fun. Sure I will teach him what it's about, but my main motivation is about good times.

+1

Yes she does. I told her because we don't have a chimney we will have to leave the door unlocked when we go to bed on the 24th...

Have a tree up, gifts underneath, and some decorations etc...I don't bother with the food stuff though, have some mince pies but that's it, will be going out for xmas dinner as usual.

All being well I will be back home next Xmas...but that's a long way off.

Edited by hotandhumid

Just a lot of fairy lights strung around the trees in the front garden. Raised a few eyebrows when I first did it a few years ago as the fairy lights in this part of the world indicate the premises are a karaoke bar!

Only extremely sad people put lights in the front garden. Thank fuc_k you aint my neighbour.

Just a lot of fairy lights strung around the trees in the front garden. Raised a few eyebrows when I first did it a few years ago as the fairy lights in this part of the world indicate the premises are a karaoke bar!

Only extremely sad people put lights in the front garden. Thank fuc_k you aint my neighbour.

Look-out - its the ghost of Xmas past !

Knowing Barry as well as I do, I would rather have him as a neighbour than you.

Same here.

Knowing Barry as well as I do, I would rather have him as a neighbour than you.

Oooohhhhhh.....scratch my eyes out!

So, do you have:

1. a Christmas tree - no

2. lots of fairy lights - no

3. presents under the tree (not to be opened until 25/12) - no.

Thankfully I have left all that behind.

My S.O. does know about Christmas but does not believe in Father Christmas.

She will get a single Christmas present as a token gift and we will be out for Christmas dinner.

Christmas is for kids and my g/children are a long way away and they will no doubt ignore the presents they have been bought and play with the boxes the presents came in. A box is one of the best presents a child can get :P

• Like 1

Christmas tree up inside the house, presents wrapped up under it.

Fairy lights on two trees in the front garden.

Turkey in the freezer, cranberry sauce in the fridge.

And all done by the missus. No doubt she will want me to add to what is under the tree. (two of the pressies are for the dogs; furry toys so they can rip them to pieces! Nothing like Christmas spirit, eh?)

Neither of us believe in it and the kids are 19 & 21yo respectively, but it is something she looks forward to every year.

Sort of stand-by for the turkey sandwiches and soup into the new year......................wink.png

Soup tip:

If you can get hold of Campbells cream of celery soup try adding some chunks of turkey to it for a suprisingly good soup

I must confess I am a bit confused by this one. The title asks about if the wife believes in Santa and yet the OP has a tree and lights and presents for the kids out. What is it OP, attempting to ridicule Thai women, or are you encouraging a Western family tradition in your kids?