The Worst Road In The World For Bikes?

Familyonthemove

How about worst bikes for the road?

Thailand would surely be a contender. Seven on a 125 if you include the baby and toddlers. No service ever required, bald tyres, crap brakes, rust compulsory, no lights [ head or signal ], smoke trail, oil dripping [what's oil?], laden with sacks of ..... you name it and of course no licence, going the wrong way agaist traffic, u-turning, swerving at night pitch black.

All protected by either an amulet [ that's a filthy chain round your neck with a big plastci lump hanging from it OR a belief that 'it not my time' held by some one who left school aged 7 to sell either veg or themselves on a street.

Stupidity doesn't come in to it as they all do it regardless of class, education, circumstances or background.

PATONG!

Phuket definitely has the worst / craziest drivers in Thailand... BKK traffic is mad but at least people can drive.

You should see it now with the beach carnival & every d!ck head thats ever threw their leg over a bike thinks they can suddenly ride an R1 when they are drunk!!

I had to ride through Bkk on my way to Kanchanaburi this last weekend and once again I had to wonder how anyone would want to live there. An absolute nightmare!

Not everyone living in BKK wants to live there. The longer i stay there the less nightmare it is. Humans can adapt themselves to most things :)

I like King Kaew Road. Loads of crazy trucks and tarmac like ice floes.

Edited by wantan
  • Like 1

1. Ya drive A motorcycle in Bangkok.Sooner or later you'll be heading to the nearest hospital.

Ya walk out of your door in the morning, sooner or later you'll be heading to the hospital!

In the average persons life, lets say 70 yrs, its an almost dead cert you will visit a hospital at least once! So your comment is about as valid as mine, wai2.gif

I will add to the list HWy 2 from Nakhon Ratchasima to Khon Kaen. Traffic wise it is OK and mainly straight but it is concrete and one has to continually check that one's teeth haven't been shaken out.

Solved that problem by just taking them out and putting them in my pocket.

Not easy wearing a full face lid by the way

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

Hways 2 and 4 seem to get some votes. I agree that the thundering trucks, big holes and slippy concrete make then scary .... but there's still some air in the diesel fume mix and taxi concentration is lower. I reckon the BTS over Sukhumvit elevates it to the worst road status because it's like smoking 20 Capstan Full Strength every time you ride it.

Phuket also made a suprising entry in the World's Worse .... I've never ridden there .... luckily.

Edited by Familyonthemove

Going north on hwy 2A (1) from Nakhon Sawan to Tak there are some REAL bad sections of broken pavement and patched pavement. Fortunately, they were working on sections of it and it MIGHT improve in the near future. The constant stream of heavy transport trucks is bound to have an effect. Add to the mix a few idiots in pickups who drive like they are riding a motorbike and it is anything but a relaxing ride. Even when they have a full passing lane they still try to shave as close to you as possible when going by at high speed.

• Like 1

I had to ride through Bkk on my way to Kanchanaburi this last weekend and once again I had to wonder how anyone would want to live there. An absolute nightmare!

Not everyone living in BKK wants to live there. The longer i stay there the less nightmare it is. Humans can adapt themselves to most things smile.png

I like King Kaew Road. Loads of crazy trucks and tarmac like ice floes.

With you on that one, whatever happened to the left hand lanes 2km from Thanon Lad Krabang?? They are almost at 45 degrees compared to the other lanes, poor workmanship!