Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

samuijimmy

Here are some pics of one of the Thai islands, will let you guess which one. The pics are of the least developed part of that island. Enjoy. biggrin.png

attachicon.gifIMGP0256.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP0277.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP0281.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP0286.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP0289.JPG

Anyone noticed Thais like to place branches on the road (a.k.a. reflective warning triangle) when they break down or have accident? Well, beware of branches.

attachicon.gifIMGP0298.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP0297.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP0296.JPG

P.S. Pics are from 2009. Just been on the island a few weeks ago, took a trip around and the part of the road from the past 3 pics is now completely washed out , there's now a wooden bridge to drive around the washed out part.

Well it almost looks like some of the Samui back roads .... but pretty sure it is not Samui! Same same but different! tongue.png

Samui%2520roads%2520Jun%252026%252C%2520

• Like 1

I thought this only happened in australia but found out this morning that I was wrong.This road is many years old and was in near perfect condition and the only minor road for miles around that wasn't pot holed ( in some cases almost undriveable ).Someone in their wisdom has decided that it should be ripped up and then resealed.What you see here is where it's at now waiting for the seal to be put on,Amazing !!!

attachicon.gifRoadworks 104072013.jpg attachicon.gifRoadworks 2 04072013.jpg

I am a sucker for pristine, flawless concrete/asphalt, myself.thumbsup.gif. Good post Ron.

Thask Railway Station and landscaping

Nice to see some take pride in appearance.... That's a lot of work....to keep that looking nice .... thumbsup.gif

I've always been impressed with it and you may have noticed that I didn't show any from the road side.That's because it's not up to the same standard of tideness which is disapointing after looking at the track side.

Thask Railway Station and landscaping

Nice to see some take pride in appearance.... That's a lot of work....to keep that looking nice .... thumbsup.gif

I've always been impressed with it and you may have noticed that I didn't show any from the road side.That's because it's not up to the same standard of tideness which is disapointing after looking at the track side.

Sadly I can imagine! sad.png

Guys how do you insert full size shots into your posts? Mine always are a thumbnail size with full size showing upon clicking in the thumbnail?

I had the same problem and contacted another member by PM.

So here it is courtesy of shaggy1969

OK mate....let's give it a go.

First of all you will need to download Picasa (a free photo editing and uploading program.)

Second you will need to download Google+

Thirdly sign up for a Google account this is where your photos are stored and can be shared between friends or online (i.e ThaiVisa)

Here is a link for starter tips using Picasa

Once you have downloaded Picasa it will give you the option to import photos/files into Picasa.What I normally do is copy the photos that I want to upload to a new folder and leave that on my desktop.

If you don't keep them separate you could end up with 100's or 1000's of photos that you have to trawl through before you find the ones you want.Another reason for me copying and moving to another folder is with many photos I want to keep them in their original size,most of my photos are about 3 mb but need to downsize them for TV.

When you are satisfied with the photo you want to upload to your web album,just right click mouse > upload to Picasa web albums > when it is finished uploading it will give you an option to view online (left click) > right click copy image > paste it into your post or message in TV using the paste icon.

Have a play around with your photos in Picasa and try uploading them to your web album .

A couple of important things to know is......once you have uploaded a photo to your web album do not move,edit or touch that photo again because if you have already posted the photo in TV or any other site it will be removed,the photo needs to stay in the same place and same order that it was when you first uploaded it.So do your editing,tagging,resizing before upload to TV.

There maybe other options but this one works very well and once again thanks to shaggy for the tips.
  • Like 2

Anyone visiting Chiang Mai should take part of a day and visit the little arts village neat Hang Dong. The whole area is dedicated to artistic wood carvings and unique furniture built from native Thai wood.

post-168760-0-56031900-1373350119_thumb.

post-168760-0-47597400-1373350176_thumb.

post-168760-0-21003700-1373350236_thumb.

post-168760-0-80113500-1373350716_thumb.

post-168760-0-47559700-1373350749_thumb.

• Like 2

Another shot going over the hills

and through the cabbage patches.

Chiang Rai

attachicon.gifP1080234.JPG

I was told that landscape is so beautiful over there. But as I can see it's not beautiful at all...

I just can imagine how beautiful it was before this landscape was destroyed by commercial use.

Guys how do you insert full size shots into your posts? Mine always are a thumbnail size with full size showing upon clicking in the thumbnail?

I had the same problem and contacted another member by PM.

So here it is courtesy of shaggy1969

OK mate....let's give it a go.

First of all you will need to download Picasa (a free photo editing and uploading program.)

Second you will need to download Google+

Thirdly sign up for a Google account this is where your photos are stored and can be shared between friends or online (i.e ThaiVisa)

Here is a link for starter tips using Picasa

Once you have downloaded Picasa it will give you the option to import photos/files into Picasa.What I normally do is copy the photos that I want to upload to a new folder and leave that on my desktop.

If you don't keep them separate you could end up with 100's or 1000's of photos that you have to trawl through before you find the ones you want.Another reason for me copying and moving to another folder is with many photos I want to keep them in their original size,most of my photos are about 3 mb but need to downsize them for TV.

When you are satisfied with the photo you want to upload to your web album,just right click mouse > upload to Picasa web albums > when it is finished uploading it will give you an option to view online (left click) > right click copy image > paste it into your post or message in TV using the paste icon.

Have a play around with your photos in Picasa and try uploading them to your web album .

A couple of important things to know is......once you have uploaded a photo to your web album do not move,edit or touch that photo again because if you have already posted the photo in TV or any other site it will be removed,the photo needs to stay in the same place and same order that it was when you first uploaded it.So do your editing,tagging,resizing before upload to TV.

There maybe other options but this one works very well and once again thanks to shaggy for the tips.

w00t.gif Don't use the Google Plus part of it, it screws things up.... just Picasa.... (or Flicker)

Although having said that it may not screw things up if you use Google Plus from the start..(?) . This is why you will see some of my previous posts now have no image.... that happened when I tried the Google plus part of it! sad.png I soon got rid of it!

bloody annoying! bah.gifwink.png

• Like 1

Ah, so you're posting them as links to your Picasa albums, gotcha! Thanks

Correct, but this has a downside. Once a Picasa album, for instance, has been altered the links to these threads on TV become corrupt. This has happened a few times already and parts of some threads do not make sense anymore.

• Like 1