Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

samuijimmy

That's the first time I hear that I have style so thank you for the compliment smile.png

According to me, you are amongst just tiny group of users here on TV who I think are creative because you are not afraid to share photo's that can be perceived as: bad. The best photographers have a reputation to hold up and are reluctant to share experimentations here.

I say this because I don't like too much control therefore I never use any computer program to manipulate the truth. I feel unconsciously aware I can manipulate any photo later when I push the button. I discovered awareness makes me lazy. In other words: I do not want to waste my time with post processing. I prefer to get out there with my cam to learn and experiment more with it and prefer to catch ,the moment I see, with more skills I still have to acquire. This is my way to learn myself.

I am grateful for fellow users here who have shown me the way and gave me a push.

He seems a bit unsure about some thing!? Perhaps he should not have let you on the bus! ?tongue.pngwhistling.gif

As you know... people photography is a different game from inanimate subjects. My mistake here was the moment was wrong and I should have communicated with him before I took the shot.

Scootrain coming. Used my scooters headlight to light the environment and suddently another scooter was coming on this very rarely used road.

2013-07-24_19-27-15.jpg

Scootrain coming. Used my scooters headlight to light the environment and suddently another scooter was coming on this very rarely used road.

Phenomenal shot, Oilinki. At first I thought those leaves where frogs or crabs crawling the road.

Edited by Dancealot

According to me, you are amongst just tiny group of users here on TV who I think are creative because you are not afraid to share photo's that can be perceived as: bad. The best photographers have a reputation to hold up and are reluctant to share experimentations here.

I say this because I don't like too much control therefore I never use any computer program to manipulate the truth. I feel unconsciously aware I can manipulate any photo later when I push the button. I discovered awareness makes me lazy. In other words: I do not want to waste my time with post processing. I prefer to get out there with my cam to learn and experiment more with it and prefer to catch ,the moment I see, with more skills I still have to acquire. This is my way to learn myself.

I am grateful for fellow users here who have shown me the way and gave me a push.

I think the main point of taking photos is to keep the hobby fun. Fool around, try, fail and occasionally win. Just like work and real life should be.

For me it's important to share things I see, experience or feel. For us who live in Thailand, many of these subjects are things we see in our everyday life. But for the people who live in way colder climates, there is always the exotic value.

I tune images every now and then. Simple tasks with Picasa which take few seconds. Cropping if needed, then mostly 'Auto contrast'. That's part of the process when I upload the selected ones to Picasa. Today I spent 4 hours riding with motorbike and sometimes took pictures, about 50 in total. 4 of these I uploaded to Picasa and used maybe 40 seconds for tuning (where to crop etc). For me that's a good balance as I also do not wish to spend a lot of time for processing images on computer. Rather spend that time trying to figure out, how to improve the original one smile.png

..oh forgot to say, that most of the images require straightening, that's just something that I can not get right, almost ever.

Edited by Guest

I think the main point of taking photos is to keep the hobby fun. Fool around, try, fail and occasionally win. Just like work and real life should be.

Rather spend that time trying to figure out, how to improve the original one smile.png

..oh forgot to say, that most of the images require straightening, that's just something that I can not get right, almost ever.

I got that idea from you.

Some people have told me about the straightening process as well. Horizon levelling for instance is very important. But I do it on spot with feeling.

Thanks for your thoughts, I am ready for my new CAM now. I'll nudge it up a step.

2013-07-24_19-27-15.jpg

Looks like a shotgun shell on the right

One comment on Rons photos, they seem to have a green hue... wondering what is causing that?

Moving on!

Along the Samui back roads today!

Nice ornaments !.... Cow skulls not buffalo! wink.png( I was corrected when I said buffalo!)

SAM_0457.JPG

I have noticed that myself in the ones taken from the car and have put it down to windscreen tint.There may be a way around it with Photoshop so i will give it a go with a couple in the future and see what happens.Up to now they are as taken.