White Plate - 5 Months And Still Dont Have It!

w3bmast3r

Guys

Recently bought a new Mazda 3 on finance (friends wife's name) and it is now 5 months old and still on the red plate. I am told not to expect a white plate till February - which will make it 7 months.

Is this for real or has some dropped the ball somewhere or am I being fed Buffallow Poo?

Thanks

I'm waiting since August.

Just relax, it'll come.

I got mine a few days ago... And had my car in August. So, no worries, but follow up with the dealer, they often "forget" some piece of paper necessary to get the plates.

Took posession of my car at the start of July (3rd) so I have been waiting longer, and now they say february.

Pisses me off because everytime I go anywhere near BKK at night the Traffic Police stop me and yak yak.

And also makes it tricky going between provinces.

Madness

The OP should already have the tax sticker and paperwork that shows what the registered vehicle number is. I received that about 3 months after delivery. Have a natter with your sales person as in my experience, once you have that sticker on the windshield, the dealer takes the red plates back (no plates at all) and Highway and Bangkok police interest drops to zero, day or night. My actual plates showed up after 6 months.

Besides everything else, in an age of automation and mass production, isn't it more than a little odd that the government can't get their act together to make number plates???

Like, it took Mazda about 3 days to make the entire car!

Got my PJS in April, got the tax papers in July and got my plates in November...

Car is registered in Kalasin, but I live in Bangkok. I didn't get stopped even once in BKK for my plates even after 6 PM. I did fill in the brown book every day just in case though.

We took delivery of 2 new cars within a few days of each other in March this year. For one car we had the blue book and white plates in just over 3 months (Mitsu), with the other car (Ford) it took 8 months. Neither car was under finance and the main difference appears to be that one dealer kept dropping the ball on paperwork and didn't follow it up with DLT. Worth following up regularly with the dealer to keep things moving.

We took delivery of 2 new cars within a few days of each other in March this year. For one car we had the blue book and white plates in just over 3 months (Mitsu), with the other car (Ford) it took 8 months. Neither car was under finance and the main difference appears to be that one dealer kept dropping the ball on paperwork and didn't follow it up with DLT. Worth following up regularly with the dealer to keep things moving.

That's because your Ford dealer was sitting on the money, whereas the other one made the required payments, including DLT.

That's because your Ford dealer was sitting on the money, whereas the other one made the required payments, including DLT.

Quite likely. Ford Nara on Rama IV, nothing but a bad experience all the way through.

I got mine a few days ago... And had my car in August. So, no worries, but follow up with the dealer, they often "forget" some piece of paper necessary to get the plates.

No what they forget to do is pay the duties, the plates will not be released until payment is made. I warned my dealer not to forget and had my plates within 2 weeks of purchase. (Isuzu - Udon Thani)

Quite likely. Ford Nara on Rama IV, nothing but a bad experience all the way through.

Now, on that one, I fully concur!

Hi:

I can´t belive that one..........may be something is happening.

I bouth an *Isuzzu MU7* and only tocks me 5 days to get the white plate, after that I went for auction because I chaged to the *Nice Coloured Plated* and for the change of the plate, only tocks me 3 days.

I spoke with the officer and she told me that If I do by myself it only tocks 3 days, but If I give to some one, never know how log.

Sandra

Edited by Sandra2000