The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

21 minutes ago, samtab said:

everything is ridiculously overpriced at marco, i will never go again, you are just dreaming that quality is better. so funny expert you are.

I agree its expensive but to my taste its much better. Not necessarily saying its worth the price. Thats subjective. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hackjam said:

I use Pulcinellas about once a week. Normally go for pizza and Pasta, share with missus. Both good.

I sometimes go with friends and try their pub grub.

I have tried several dishes there-Burger, pie, Fish and chip, Sunday Roast and have to say, all bang average, but cheap.

However, start of the show is their chicken cordon bleu, which is really good and great value at 149B. Comes with boiled mixed veg and homemade chips, and a boat of creamy sauce.

Must also mention their handcut homemade chips, great and available separately, 79B.

I will try the cordon Bleu. I agree overall their food is pedestrian but thats reflected in the prices. The poorest dish I had there to my taste was their Shepherd pie. I have widely sampled their menu including Thai food and their Sunday roasts 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

I never worry too much about price, 100 baht is nothing when you're talking about the he difference between an excellent meal and something fairly plain.

Talking of excellent meals and something different, Vespresso has it for me. Great pizza but the "big" (I would use another word but it would be deleted) prawn Bombay with penne pasta is to die for. I've ordered it 3 times in the last 7 days. Nice quirky restaurant too with a collection of Vespa scooters and a few classic Volkswagen cars.

Hi

I am somewhat similar with regard to price.

I do seek out good value but am prepared to "weigh on" for something special.

I had never heard of Vespresso, is it on the Darkside?

If so, difficult location for me ( living in naklua and preferring bahtbus to motorbike taxis, a safety issue rather than cost)

I have a fair few friends who like good food, could charter a bahtbus between us if necessary, have done so before.

Thanks for mentioning it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, seasia said:

Hi

I am somewhat similar with regard to price.

I do seek out good value but am prepared to "weigh on" for something special.

I had never heard of Vespresso, is it on the Darkside?

If so, difficult location for me ( living in naklua and preferring bahtbus to motorbike taxis, a safety issue rather than cost)

I have a fair few friends who like good food, could charter a bahtbus between us if necessary, have done so before.

Thanks for mentioning it.

On the Darkside. A fair distance from you.

http://www.vespresso.co.th/

http://www.vespresso.co.th/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/VespressoMenu.pdf

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1226133-d15239497-r692292164-Vespresso_Restaurant-Bang_Lamung_Chonburi_Province.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, seasia said:

Hi

I guess it is about time I did a review to give a bit back from the interesting  posts.

A budget place on soi bukhao. good friend of mine lives there so sometimes I go there for a meal, meet up and drinks.

Far better selection of restaurants in that area than naklua but I am not moving for that

The place is Chill Inn, next to Chaba Hut resort.

He is a regular there, mine was first visit.

Very fairly priced menu but on a Sunday they do some great specials, think pizza was down from 240 to about 140 to 160.

I decided on fish and chips.

Down from 139 baht to 89 baht.

Yes, only basic fish and chips and would say using Dory fish.

It was fine, as good as what I have paid double for.

Service was fine.

Beer and water prices decent enough.

I chose to have a glass of house wine, that was 120 baht, thought it might have been 100 but not complaining.

Basic place, not fancy.

I would return

I think the most interesting thing about Chill Inn is the Serbian Dishes on its Menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

I think the most interesting thing about Chill Inn is the Serbian Dishes on its Menu.

Yes I noticed that, there is a Serb involved there.

I was going to try a Serbian dish  ,maybe next time.

Something different

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seasia said:

Hi JT

For quality or price?

Another place I had never heard of.

I could not get to the menu page on their website, maybe my fault.

Thanks

Good price AND delicious. I well understand that high price doesn’t necessarily mean high quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Beer Hubb - Tree town, Soi Buakhao

https://g.page/beerhubb?share

It's right at the front of Tree town, fancy looking round thing. I read they had authentic Indian food so wanted to give it a shot. Good selection of beers too. So, ordered papadom, which is as it is, dipping sauce was spicy and good. Then chicken jalfrezi, the friendly waitress asked if I wanted spicy and I said yes. Couple of butter naans too. Naans came, whoa, big and looks like made on premises. Fluffy and delish. The curry had a lot of spices in it and yes, very, very hot. I was sweating through scalp eating it, tasted excellent. Topped off with a Feral brewing IPA. 

Very nicely kept place, menu is large, mostly Indian and British dishes. Prices for Buakhao are a bit high but quality makes up for it. I shall return. Ah yes and there's a rooftop terrace too, which I think makes more sense after sundown.

Chef is Indian (possibly owner too). Best pint of draught Stella in Pattaya, reasonably priced too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2020 at 1:48 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Wby dont you just admit you dont live in Thailand?   You've got more chance of a holiday in Serbia than presenting a relevent food review for Paattaya Residents.  Wbat a total irrelevance you are to people living in Pattaya. 

Stickman Light

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, polpott said:

Chef is Indian (possibly owner too). Best pint of draught Stella in Pattaya, reasonably priced too.

I had indian food, good, and reasonably priced, missus had Thai food good but expensive.

Had guinness, total rip off at 269 a pint.

Nice roof top setting, service good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1