What's The Weather Doing Now?

We are about 50 meters above sea level and the winds hit us full on just before midday.

Triffids in the plant pots 'walking' across the deck. One died and so did the plant pot. BBQ decided to move to the other side of the deck.

Loads of coconuts and branches in the garden and no power for about 11 hours. I'll know more about the damage in the area in the morning.

Bangrak was a bit of a mess when I drove through at about 1.30 pm.

I think that you are lucky cornishcarlos - I would be surprised if none of the boats in Bangrak bay did not move.

We are about 50 meters above sea level and the winds hit us full on just before midday.

Triffids in the plant pots 'walking' across the deck. One died and so did the plant pot. BBQ decided to move to the other side of the deck.

Loads of coconuts and branches in the garden and no power for about 11 hours. I'll know more about the damage in the area in the morning.

Bangrak was a bit of a mess when I drove through at about 1.30 pm.

I think that you are lucky cornishcarlos - I would be surprised if none of the boats in Bangrak bay did not move.

But have you had any rain yet?...... Wind dries out things as much as the sun!

What are "Triffids" BTW? not sure I know those.... whistling.gif

What are "Triffids" BTW? not sure I know those....

The triffid is a fictitious, tall, mobile, prolific and highly venomous plant species, the titular antagonist in John Wyndham's 1951 novel The Day of the Triffids.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not windy today, but when driving up to the parking at Makro a 5 meter steel roofing comes flying 10 meters over my head.

A freak wind had hit the car park and some 15 steel roofing went airborne.

No causalities but some cars got hit bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A tad wet up here at the pointy end. Heavy rain on and off most of the day so far - looks set for a while

Yep same in Maenam area too.... one wonders what November monsoon season will bring! wink.png

But we can't complain about last month too much! .... The odd showers and mostly nice days and not too hot! thumbsup.gif

Something is brewing in the South China Sea. If it continues to strengthen it could develop into an actual typhoon early next week in the Gulf of Thailand. Last time that happened was exactly 25 years ago, when typhoon Gay made landfall in Chumphon and caused significant damages and loss of life.

post-90962-0-43857100-1415246378_thumb.j

• Like 1

Wind Guru supported by other Met agencies is giving wind gusts up to 50Knots (58MPH) around Sunday midday.

Wind from the NW swinging to NE/East.

If they have got it right then we can expect power cuts.

In my experience the forecasts are usually accurate but the timings can vary by up to 24 hours. We shall see!

• Like 2