What's The Weather Doing Now?

I drove to the other side of Chaweng this morning (I had a pass out!) and there were big black clouds everywhere. I saw rain over towards the centre of the island and around Bophut as I headed home - but when I got back to Plai Laem - nothing. Nowt. Dry everywhere.

Come on folks - please share the rain with us poor hot people. wai2.gif

I drove to the other side of Chaweng this morning (I had a pass out!) and there were big black clouds everywhere. I saw rain over towards the centre of the island and around Bophut as I headed home - but when I got back to Plai Laem - nothing. Nowt. Dry everywhere.

Come on folks - please share the rain with us poor hot people. wai2.gif

How mutt you pay?

• Like 1

I live on the beach facing West since ~20 years and beginning of May the Western Monsoon should start. Can remember many years with rolling thunderstorms continuously the whole May (some years much longer) with heavy rain, which came not from above, but from in front, because of these very heavy winds gusts 24/30, in the 90s...

so far no winds from the West this year at all. If winds start to come from there, rain will come, if not, not......

I live on the beach facing West since ~20 years and beginning of May the Western Monsoon should start. Can remember many years with rolling thunderstorms continuously the whole May (some years much longer) with heavy rain, which came not from above, but from in front, because of these very heavy winds gusts 24/30, in the 90s...

so far no winds from the West this year at all. If winds start to come from there, rain will come, if not, not......

That house I pictured in post 407 is on the west coast, there are several more abandoned in that stretch .... (Nathon Lipa Noi area) .... there must be some tremendous tidal action and rains to cause the sand levels to be a the doors and windows.... w00t.gif some shattered dreams there for sure wink.png

Some good rain and a few good thunder claps over night around me in Maenam! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Bucketed down in my part of Maenam again this morning between 11 am to just after noon Fairly close to Lomprayah ferry... so not just the hilly areas getting it now...thumbsup.gif

The annoying part was the wash was 90% dry.... w00t.gif ..... half hour more of sun, it would have been dry...... sad.png

On the beach in Tong Son Bay can see big rain on KP

My grass dead and brown here in Plai Leam

Please please some rain soon our way

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Rain ---- think it was ----- unsure as only one minute of some sort of wet stuff out of the sky here in Plai Leam

Alas all back to normal service blue sky and sunshine

Rain ---- think it was ----- unsure as only one minute of some sort of wet stuff out of the sky here in Plai Leam

Alas all back to normal service blue sky and sunshine

I think that that was our summer monsoon here in Plai Laem.

It didn't even cover the tiles! Just a few drops here and there. sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

We wish sad.png

Hot sunny day with blue skies and some clouds - looking out of my office window.

And the guy that supplies our water has put the price up.

Looking to shower with MORE friends thumbsup.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

Fabulous lightening storm tonight looking north from Samui. Just off the east coast of KPN.

Also - cooling breeze from the SW for the first time for a while. Hopefully the wind will switch to come from the west.

All we need now is a drop of rain please.

• Like 1

Fabulous lightening storm tonight looking north from Samui. Just off the east coast of KPN.

Also - cooling breeze from the SW for the first time for a while. Hopefully the wind will switch to come from the west.

All we need now is a drop of rain please.

yes saw just after sunset, to the west too... tried to get pics but camera too slow!

Wow .... you still no rain, no 3BB.... facepalm.gif

Had a humongous thunderstorm last night here in my area of Maenam, followed by another good rain....thumbsup.gif but .... oh the weeds and plants have taken off w00t.gif

Big puddles all the way to Nathon today, huge water run off caused this on part of Ban Por beach last night too... almost got that lounge chair! wink.png

IMG_5142.JPG

IMG_5150.JPG

May you get some rain soon! wai2.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

If you didn't get some last night, you better move. Rain I mean.

Well - If you want to be pedantic - I saw about a dozen drops of rain that fell into the pool. By the time that I went outside to put the cover on the BBQ - it had stopped! The deck was so hot that the few drops that fell there dried immediately.

So - I am counting that as no rain!

I envy you guys. Whilst walking the dog we saw rain falling over Bophut, KPN and on the hills - but nothing here.

Mind you - great cooling breezes at the moment. Inside temperature is a balmy 29 C.

If you didn't get some last night, you better move. Rain I mean.

Well - If you want to be pedantic - I saw about a dozen drops of rain that fell into the pool. By the time that I went outside to put the cover on the BBQ - it had stopped! The deck was so hot that the few drops that fell there dried immediately.

So - I am counting that as no rain!

I envy you guys. Whilst walking the dog we saw rain falling over Bophut, KPN and on the hills - but nothing here.

Mind you - great cooling breezes at the moment. Inside temperature is a balmy 29 C.

See the clouds just go round in circles.... this was coming back from Lamai yesterday I thought for sure it would pour down before getting home .... but nothing! except I guess Bophut got it! wink.png

SAM_2324.JPG

Sweltering 30.9c inside house here right now! facepalm.gif up from 29c at 7 am!

• Like 1

Massive Black clouds and can see big rain on the Meanam side of the bay from us here on Plai Leam side

All we got is high winds had to take the furniture inside

Would be nice to have some decent rain to fill our second water tank

Stop rubbing it in Rooo wai.gif

I saw big black clouds all around. Lots of wet stuff falling in distant places. Still sunny here at the pointy end! sad.png That's four and a half months now with no real rain.

(The sun only shines on the righteous????)

• Like 1

I saw big black clouds all around. Lots of wet stuff falling in distant places. Still sunny here at the pointy end! sad.png That's four and a half months now with no real rain.

Same here in Bangrak. I can thus confirm the northeast is where the righteous are....

• Like 1

Had experienced the most violent rainfall this year today. 7 or 8 drops on my windshield!! Had to stop and check, in case of more drops, the car manual how to start the wiper....

• Like 1