Son And Further Education What A Laugh

lovelomsak

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiangmaikelly:

"I thought it was obvious but I'll explain it to you. The dude above thought it odd that mom thought her son was doctor material. I think he implied Thai mothers had unrealistic goals or expectations for their male children. I was pointing out that Irish mothers had the same problem. I mean anyone who knew me, even a little, as a teenager would have known I was absolutely the last person in the world who would have made a priest. My gosh I retired to Pattaya and live a lifestyle that would make Hefner jealous."

My god, you are the most interesting person alive!

I so much would like to meet you and sip from the cup of wisdom you have to offer...oh wait...no, i don't!

By the way: this thread is not about you, irish mothers or the fact that all thai- women who have children are scum and farang, who marry them are idiots!

Heffner! Pattaya!

'nuff said!

Let me lead you through it; sometimes when you break things down they become easier to understand.

The OP's wife has delusions of grandeur about her son. A number of posters pointed this out and implied it might be common among Thai mothers.

I raised the point that Irish Catholic moms sometimes have the religious delusions about their sons even though said son may be the village Lothario. Thai doctor/Irish priest.

You man also think that Hugh Hefner is a very confident older gentleman. Not so. Hugh was never very good with the ladies. I learned this when I worked for Playboy clubs bask in the 1970's when they were big in the restaurant and club business. Hugh and I dated a number of women at the same time which was a source of pain for him.

You stole the colloquialism, “Nuff said” from Bernard Trink and he never really wrote much about Pattaya so I feel that is used in error at least when it is used you should credit Trink.

I hope this clarifies things and helps you to understand the relevance of Irish mothers and Thai mothers and that they are in fact sisters under the skin when it comes to plans for their sons future.

You don't get it, do you?

Okay...again...for you: The OP wrote: My question is doe anyone else have issues such as this arise in their home life?

The OP did not ask for your personal childhood, nor your interesting ( coffee1.gif ) stories of your personal life and your even more interesting stories about Hugh Heffner and how you met Ghandi or Einstein got his idea for the theory of relativity from you!

There is no question about his wife's delusional views about her son nor a question about how Irish and Thai mothers are somehow the same.

And last, but by no means least, there is no question about the fact that he may have made a mistake by marrying a Thai- women with a child, because they are the lowest form of life you know.

And especially THAT statement is rascist, sexist and wrong!

But I guess, you are just a troll anyways, so this ends the conversation for me! 'nuff said

Because I don't agree with you does not mean I am trolling or I don't get it. All mothers or almost all mothers are biased when it comes to their children. Anyone from any culture has issues when marrying a woman with children and this is not unique to Thai mothers. I was honest enough to share a personal experience between myself and my sainted dear departed mother which I am sorry you did not appreciate.

I have never met Gandhi or Einstein. I know that Einstein never wore socks. This must have pained his mother.

I try never to mimic others signature words or sayings like Benard Trink's "Nuff Said." It strikes me as being a copy cat. Nothing wrong with it, of course. I find it annoying when not attributed to Trink. If you wrote, " As Trink used to write, "nuff said" it would be acceptable but without that it smacks of plagiarism.

Yeah...and I am sometimes posting "R.I.P." when I read about someone dead...I am such a bad man!

By the way: If I meet someone on the street and greet him with "Hello"...do I have to mention, who I quote that from?

Get a life...I mean, one besides all the fantasy- lives you constantly mention here!

And now...as Trink said (who the hell that might be) : 'nuff said!

Let me lead you through it; sometimes when you break things down they become easier to understand.

The OP's wife has delusions of grandeur about her son. A number of posters pointed this out and implied it might be common among Thai mothers.

I raised the point that Irish Catholic moms sometimes have the religious delusions about their sons even though said son may be the village Lothario. Thai doctor/Irish priest.

You man also think that Hugh Hefner is a very confident older gentleman. Not so. Hugh was never very good with the ladies. I learned this when I worked for Playboy clubs bask in the 1970's when they were big in the restaurant and club business. Hugh and I dated a number of women at the same time which was a source of pain for him.

You stole the colloquialism, “Nuff said” from Bernard Trink and he never really wrote much about Pattaya so I feel that is used in error at least when it is used you should credit Trink.

I hope this clarifies things and helps you to understand the relevance of Irish mothers and Thai mothers and that they are in fact sisters under the skin when it comes to plans for their sons future.

Okay...again...for you: The OP wrote: My question is doe anyone else have issues such as this arise in their home life?

The OP did not ask for your personal childhood, nor your interesting ( coffee1.gif ) stories of your personal life and your even more interesting stories about Hugh Heffner and how you met Ghandi or Einstein got his idea for the theory of relativity from you!

There is no question about his wife's delusional views about her son nor a question about how Irish and Thai mothers are somehow the same.

And last, but by no means least, there is no question about the fact that he may have made a mistake by marrying a Thai- women with a child, because they are the lowest form of life you know.

But I guess, you are just a troll anyways, so this ends the conversation for me! 'nuff said

Because I don't agree with you does not mean I am trolling or I don't get it. All mothers or almost all mothers are biased when it comes to their children. Anyone from any culture has issues when marrying a woman with children and this is not unique to Thai mothers. I was honest enough to share a personal experience between myself and my sainted dear departed mother which I am sorry you did not appreciate.

I have never met Gandhi or Einstein. I know that Einstein never wore socks. This must have pained his mother.

I try never to mimic others signature words or sayings like Benard Trink's "Nuff Said." It strikes me as being a copy cat. Nothing wrong with it, of course. I find it annoying when not attributed to Trink. If you wrote, " As Trink used to write, "nuff said" it would be acceptable but without that it smacks of plagiarism.

Yeah...and I am sometimes posting "R.I.P." when I read about someone dead...I am such a bad man!

By the way: If I meet someone on the street and greet him with "Hello"...do I have to mention, who I quote that from?

Get a life...I mean, one besides all the fantasy- lives you constantly mention here!

And now...as Trink said (who the hell that might be) : 'nuff said!

Bernard Trink. You don't know who Bernard Trink is? He is the guy who coined the words, "nuff said" in the Bangkok Post years ago. He is a legend in Thailand. You calling me a liar? Oh boy quite a leap for a young fella like you eh? smile.png My fantasy life eh? Well truth is stranger than fiction. smile.png

Chiangmaikelly quote:

All mothers or almost all mothers are biased when it comes to their children. Anyone from any culture has issues when marrying a woman with children and this is not unique to Thai mothers.

On that statement I totally agree. And, it happens more with mothers and their sons than it does with mothers and their daughters. Mothers and daughters often fight, but mothers and sons are usually close. It's more like fathers and daughters that are close. How many times have I read of some axe murderer and his mother defending him... "He was such a nice, good little boy!"

• Like 1

Bernard Trink. You don't know who Bernard Trink is? He is the guy who coined the words, "nuff said" in the Bangkok Post years ago. He is a legend in Thailand.

1) Don't you think calling someone out for plagiarizing Trink by using two words is absurdly petty?

2) He used that phrase in the Bangkok World long before he wrote for the post.

3) He didn't coin it. Not even close.

4) A legend? Some would call him a joke, some would call him a classic unforgettable Bangkok character -- but "legend" might be stretching it a bit...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

No I don't know who Bernard Trink is and I guess, I would have died stupid, if it wasn't for you and your fantastic knowledge!

By the way: 'nuff said, was a term that was quiet popular in the 90's Rap- scene, so I wonder who used it first: Some third class hip-hopper from the west coast or the legendary Mr. Trink!

Young fella?

Yeah...and I am in rebellion to the old elite that you represent?

Sorry...I of course bow to your superiority!

And now "Over and out" as the Red Baron (presumably) used to say!

No I don't know who Bernard Trink is and I guess, I would have died stupid, if it wasn't for you and your fantastic knowledge!

By the way: 'nuff said, was a term that was quiet popular in the 90's Rap- scene, so I wonder who used it first: Some third class hip-hopper from the west coast or the legendary Mr. Trink!

Young fella?

Trink was using it decades before the 90's but there's no way he originated it (for one thing it's a Nina Simone album).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

And any of this spirited debate between the ex-military nutter and who-ever else is supposed to help the OP. Oh sorry I forgot he likes to poke at people, he thinks it is fun, cant we find him a topic of his own where he can post away ad infinitum in between poking. This topic has also attracted a large amount of interest from like minded people who have no idea (bond with him, send him to University, make him a pilot, divorce the wife etc) and obviously no contact with Thai youth away from the farang hangouts. If I was a lion I would have killed my stepson long ago perhaps that is what the OP wants to hear <deleted>. I remember again why the general and news forums are really places to stay away from. Sorry to those few who attempted to respond sensibly.

• Like 2

Young fella?

They didn't have radios in fighter airplanes during WWI so no he didn't say that. He was shot down and killed in silence in 1918.

Nope haven't and wouldn't have issues like this arrise in my home life. For one I am selfish and the woman would have to be a 20 for me to marry a woman with kids. Another reason, is that Thai's are a little nutty about their family, many kids live at home well into their adult life. My wife wants our son to live with us forever. I told her I will probably be dead before I have to worry about it, but while you are telling him goofy Asian superstision and planing for him to never leave home I will be telling him how the world works. Even before we got married I told her if we had kids I would tell them to be polite, listen to your mom, but later I would be telling them that most of what your mom says is fiction and bull shine. Eighteen, yah sorry kid, no money here for you, go get a job. Especially if he wasn't from my sperm.

I suppose that he at least has some sort of ambition.

Seems to me that the Missus' son's only ambition is to lay in bed all day and hold his hand out when he wants money.His mother doesn't like to nag him because she is afraid that he may get violent. He only goes to work because I make him. I must admit that I have lost my temper with him a few times, and it has taken all of my self control to stop me punching his lights out!

The last time the whole neighbourhood heard me shouting at him and thought that I was shouting at the Missus. Understandable as I was calling him a lazy beggar, always cadging and just wants to spend 2 hours a day looking at his reflection in the mirror.

He was lazy at school. I tried to help him with his English, but he wasn't interested to put in any effort, so cannot speak any.

When he went to college, he was taking the money that I gave him each day and gambling in a snooker hall. The college didn't inform us that he wasn't attending. We only found out because he had used his mother's motorbike to go and play snooker and managed to lose 2,000 Baht that he didn't have. They kept hold of the motorbike and we had to go and pay the money to get it back. The Missus begged me to keep calm and he didn't come home for 2 days because he was afraid that I would go ballistic.

I would say that 90% of our problems have stemmed from her narcissistic waste of space offspring.

Be warned, you have to be firm from the start, if he causes problems and your wife to be always jumps to his defense, this will cause a terrific strain on your relationship.

You have to make sure that your wife must understand that as the head of the family, you have the right to chastise her son. You may well find that you need to.

kick the bum out or get another gf hell there arethousands looking.

Chiangmaikelly:

"I thought it was obvious but I'll explain it to you. The dude above thought it odd that mom thought her son was doctor material. I think he implied Thai mothers had unrealistic goals or expectations for their male children. I was pointing out that Irish mothers had the same problem. I mean anyone who knew me, even a little, as a teenager would have known I was absolutely the last person in the world who would have made a priest. My gosh I retired to Pattaya and live a lifestyle that would make Hefner jealous."

I so much would like to meet you and sip from the cup of wisdom you have to offer...oh wait...no, i don't!

By the way: this thread is not about you, irish mothers or the fact that all thai- women who have children are scum and farang, who marry them are idiots!

Heffner! Pattaya!

'nuff said!

Well said an idiot 100% armchair know all knows <deleted>>>>>>>k all

Chiangmaikelly:

Heffner! Pattaya!

'nuff said!

Sometimes it takes a great deal of reading to find out that someone has got nothing to say :(

Chiangmaikelly:

Heffner! Pattaya!

'nuff said!

You stole the colloquialism, "Nuff said" from Bernard Trink and he never really wrote much about Pattaya so I feel that is used in error at least when it is used you should credit Trink.

Sometimes it takes a great deal of reading to find out that someone has got nothing to say sad.png

Do you think that A. Thai mothers are different than other mothers?

B. Thai mothers are the same as other mothers?

C. This thread has nothing to do with Thai mothers?

D. None of the above I have no idea what the thread is about I am just making a nonsense comment.

You stole the colloquialism, "Nuff said" from Bernard Trink and he never really wrote much about Pattaya so I feel that is used in error at least when it is used you should credit Trink.

Sometimes it takes a great deal of reading to find out that someone has got nothing to say sad.png

D. None of the above I have no idea what the thread is about I am just making a nonsense comment.

I am stating you are banging on about nonsense to get a simple point across. Playboy clubs, Bernard Trink?????

Your point is valid however your post "waffle" is all I was pointing out.

Nuff said :)

I am stating you are banging on about nonsense to get a simple point across. Playboy clubs, Bernard Trink?????

Your point is valid however your post "waffle" is all I was pointing out.

Nuff said smile.png

I would have left it at the priest remark except that Doc guy tried to bully me. I don't bully well. And I think the, "nuff said" thing is dismissive and not something a gentleman in a discussion would say.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Certainly a laugh

There seems to be no get up & go with most thais pending on the society they were raised in (ive even noticed when they did try to do some weekend Tafe study it didnt last long )

Just through my veiwing i think half of Thailand are way under educated ( Maybe due to family & lack of money )

Fom what i see their all trying to make that big allusive dollar over night (& will change adventures ) not realising it takes good education & alot of long term work

That s where it brings me to Grandparents & kids

Daughter thinks she has found the man of her dreams &the mans certainly agreeing until hes thrown the leg over & 6 mths later throwing her out ( so of to mum you shall stay so i can work & hopefully i can remain close enough to mum ) = Girl next door

Inlaws - 1 in school 1 sent to neighbour so can work

Its true Thai mothers want their sibblings to stay home so she can be looked after & i can see the OPS going to have a permanent resident

He will not be doing anyhting just like the kids where i am Just floating around between jobs (a fact when you have 20 mill uneducated people here ) Its hard enough in Falang countries

The wife said oneday maybe should have another baby so one can stay home & look after me when older - SO REPLIED - What if they both become well educated & they want to achieve goals & want to fly the coupe ???

No desire/direction. Get him into an intensive, live-in Muay Thai course, if there is such an animal. Have the <deleted> beaten out of him and learn stamina and suchlike. When he returns, get him reading a book a week and discuss it; if he can't he doesn't get fed. Alternatively--or if woman is not playing ball and it's making your life miserable--walk and be single. rolleyes.gif

Edited by jackr
  • Like 1

I hate to say this as a generality, but It's been my experience that poor parenting at an early age is responsible for most of the problems that children have changing into responsible adults.

Bit unfair, I only had sons, they were all treated the same. Taught the same values etc.

One son is a credit, never gave us a sleepless night, a grey hair or bring a tear.

Sadly the other son done all three, plus bring the police with search warrants, court appearances with his descent into the vile world of drugs. So, so sadly he is not around anymore.

It were not poor parenting that made him do what he did, it were his choice and no amount of love, affection and time made one bit of difference.

Realise you prefaced your statement with "generality", but, think twice, print once when coming out with your own profound statements on how you think why children go wrong?

I'll stand by what I said originally. Unfortunately, children do not come with a set of instructions on how to raise each child INDIVIDUALLY. Every child is different and take different training and nurturing. What works for one child might not work for another. I will make an exception for those with mental problems or a chemical imbalance, but it all starts when they are very young. Someone with a lot more wisdom than me once said: "Give me a child for the first 6 years of their life and I will imprint on them the basics that last for the rest of their life."

I don't blame parents for not understanding how to raise each child individually. They've never been taught how to do so. Some children are born independent and stuborn. I was, and I'm completely different to my sister who fit the "perfect little girl" model. I was a tomboy and preferred things that boys liked. I identified with my father and my sister identified with my mother. My sister and I are still close, but we are as different as chalk and cheese.

I'm sorry that one of your sons had problems, but there was probably something at some point when he was very young where better training might have prevented him getting into drugs. And, it takes TWO parents working in unison to get it right. Children just naturally play one parent against the other. A strong, independent individual seldom makes bad choices. The followers almost always do. Nobody could have ever influenced me to take drugs or even smoke. And, I still only drink alcohol in moderation.

You come across with all the solutions and wisdom that the social workers and probation officers spouted?

By your reply you are obviousy well versed in speaking out of your coccyx

Young fella?

They didn't have radios in fighter airplanes during WWI so no he didn't say that. He was shot down and killed in silence in 1918.

Maybe he was talking to his dog, Snoopy.