Google+ Realy Not My Thing

THAIPHUKET

I detest being pressured into making contacts, detest the layout etc ever since they shifted from Picasa to Google+

May be my lack of flexibility, still

1. What program do you use? I don´t mind paying as long as I have control of my pictures and are not bothered by whatever?

Program should have editing options, good layout.

2. Is there a chance to somehow do an aggregative transfer from google+ to the new program?

Yeah!!! I know what you mean, I hate all this "social networking"... having friends you don't even know forced upon you !!!! bah.gif

I fiddled around in the innards of Google Plus the other day, to try and make things more private.... I'm not 100% sure if I succeeded or not!!! sad.png

I don't have an answer to question 2

I got a thing called Sonico, the other week, that's another of these sites, but cannot get rid of it... asks for a password that I never created, so it is always wrong, so you cannot unsubscribe... w00t.gifblink.png So I keep getting emails say you have new friends bah.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

I just took another look at this.... it may or may not help you !!!

I am not sure if unsubscribing from all means you would lost the Picasa account.... which I find is very useful!!! ..... that does seem to have some control over visibility... There seems to be two options...

Take a look here, and see if you can make sense of it!!!! blink.png

http://support.googl...&answer=1044503

Edited by samuijimmy

I'm in a muddle! rolleyes.gif

I tried to reset settings with this Google plus, and think that has caused some images I've uploaded are not showing... finding the source folder where the image came from is not easy...

I just looked at this Pbase, I don't mind paying to use, but it is the hours and hours of work transferring photos Picasa and re uploading w00t.gif I just know that will never happen!

Acdsee. I used to do beta testing for, probably up to Pro 3, I see they are up to Pro 6... But having switched to Mac all together now, their Mac version is far too slow to process images, and so not worth the money... Light room is better... although for basic stuff the Picasa is pretty good...

Oh what to do!!! ? wink.png

I am in the process of migrating from Smugmug to Zenfolio. Much more user-friendly and their e-commerce setup is far better. Smugmug just had so many broken things that they seemed to not care about fixing.

cdnvic that is interesting, care to elaborate on what you expect from e-commerce programs?

Here is an interesting article by Cnet.com plus a good reference to cloud storing benefits

Comparing the best ways to store your photos online

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57462902-285/comparing-the-best-ways-to-store-your-photos-online/?tag=TOCcarouselMain.0

Anyone using a Cloud ??

So many articles to to read, regarding all this.... just so time consuming .... and other things don't get done !!!

When I checked Zenfoliio, some one had posted the were doing the opposite and going the other way!!! Mind you that may have been before Smugmug about doubled their price ... sad.png

Smugmug is very unfriendly in the backend, and the templates are a decade out of date. Their apps are broken, and there's been nothing fixed in the past year. Share a photo on Facebook from a Smugmug hosted professional gallery that you pay for, with your own domain, and no photo info comes up in the post, just a promo for Smugmug.

I like Google+smile.pngthumbsup.gif , as it is integrated with my blog and the photos contained there in. My 2241 followers don’t cause me any consternation as there is no requirement to follow them back.

I think you are probably right, with all the photos i have in Picasa...perhaps 7 or 8 years now, I don't get bugged with comments by a few followers... I don't have a lot of followers, because I set most folders "only to those with the link" and some "private"...

I think buggering around trying to change the settings the other day caused the lost of some images, I had posted in this forum .... because I must have set some to "private".... I am not sure now if I can undo that....?

I really don't have anything XXX rated posted, so I guess should just bare all.... so what if people might see my "ugly mug" .... in a few shots! w00t.gifbiggrin.png

Trying to learn Lightroom, posting here, and finding old backups all at the same time, sort of makes one lose or stay focused ... rolleyes.gifwink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

You can do more with Google+ images if you go to your Picasa web albums and sign in, where you should be able to click on “actions” to change the properties of the album in question and make it private or public. If you consolidated albums you may have broken the link used when posting online but the shot is still there, just at a different location.

You can do more with Google+ images if you go to your Picasa web albums and sign in, where you should be able to click on “actions” to change the properties of the album in question and make it private or public. If you consolidated albums you may have broken the link used when posting online but the shot is still there, just at a different location.

I don't think I consolidated albums... but may have tried to move some images from one folder to another, that may have done it!!!

I have also being uploading a general folder to sort images, to a more appropriate titled folder.... lazy mans way!!! Thanks for the tips/ advice!!! thumbsup.gif

Now to BARE ALL !!

Here are my links.... I have two... several members here have seen these already!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/jimperceval

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos

Edited by samuijimmy