Non O-A Extension Early Application. Seasoning Requirement?

Hi, and thanks in advance. I did a forum search and couldn't find an answer to this:

I need to apply for my yearly Non O-A Retirement extension 2 weeks early this year due to travel requirements. I understand I am allowed to apply 30 days in advance if necessary. I plan to bring my air ticket to the Jomtien office and hope all goes well.

My question is, would the 90 day seasoning of 800,000 THB be from the date of the original visa or from the date I must apply 2 weeks early? Also, would the renewed visa extension date remain the same as before, or would I have a new, earlier date for next year?

Thanks much for your replies.

Absolutely no need whatsoever to bring your proof of travel for an application two weeks early (or one month early as well). There is ZERO chance you will be asked to provide any "excuse" for applying two weeks before the end of your current permission to stay date. That is normal, expected, actually encouraged. Waiting until the last days is generally unwise.

The three month seasoning requirement is based on DATE OF APPLICATION, not date of permission to stay expiration.

Your new extension will be for one year from the current date of permission to stay expiration, so you lose nothing by applying early. Again, two weeks isn't really early. It's normal.

Edited by Jingthing

Most allow up to 30 days early but Jomtien will allow up to 60 days early so not a problem. The money must have been seasoned for the required time on date of application. Extension will be from current permitted to stay date (you lose nothing by doing early).

In case you are not aware, make sure that you purchase a reentry permit (or multiple ones) to save your new annual permission to stay. Otherwise, it will be worthless when you reenter Thailand.

Thanks Jingthing, I hadn't thought of that.

In case you are not aware, make sure that you purchase a reentry permit (or multiple ones) to save your new annual permission to stay. Otherwise, it will be worthless when you reenter Thailand.

You're welcome. Bring an extra photo. Suggest you apply for that the moment you get your passport back with the new annual extension stamp.

You're welcome. Bring an extra photo. Suggest you apply for that the moment you get your passport back with the new annual extension stamp.

Good idea. It'll be a busy day at immi. Better get a good night's sleep! Right now all I have to do is get my U.S. bank to pony up some dough quickly to my Thai account so I don't lose my O-A completely. Should have made the request before the holidays. Duh.

At Jomtien, I generally have to wait until the next day to pick up my passport after the extension applications. So in that case, different applications on two different days.

Correct. It's a two day process. I'll do the re-entry on day two. Thanks again. You are a fount of recollection stimulation!

At Jomtien, I generally have to wait until the next day to pick up my passport after the extension applications. So in that case, different applications on two different days.

Now I feel much better about my typical retirement extension day at CM Immigration. I thought it was bad because it was one long day of obtaining an extension, getting a new queue ticket for a re-entry permit and then returning after lunch to get yet another queue ticket for a 90 day report. At least I can do it all in one day and not have to deal with CM Immigration two days in a row.