Bad Customer Service At Movie Theater

Ohyesuare

Writing Hotel was a typo, meant to say under a hotel. The staff were ignoring me when I asked for a manager, the lineup at the ticket counter was really long as well and my Thai GF was saying there was no way we would get a refund so I believed her and accepted the loss. It wasn't worth it to me anyway lining up and trying to beg for a refund of 480 baht only to possibly hear cannot.

The topic is bad customer service anyway not about getting a refund. When something similar happened in my home country the manager was outside the theater apologizing and handing out free ticket vouchers. This was in a theater that wasn't half as nice as the one here.

Those who are saying it is fishy, I didn't register yesterday and just wanted to warn anyone who might go to the theater that if something goes wrong what to expect. What do I have to gain from making it up or embellishing the facts?Ridiculous.

So you didn't bother to ask for a refund or comps because your Thai GF basically didn't want to hang around? Sorry mate but why would she when it's not her cash. As to there being no manager waiting to greet you baring gifts gimme a break. Did you even stop to think that maybe he was balls deep in projector problems in the booth. I speak from experience BTW.

Excellent comment, I’m baffled too.

If it’s a “new” girlfriend, I can understand her point, as she didn’t put any moneys down for the ticket, why would she be inclined to ask for a refund?

However if it’s a girl you’ve been with for a while, then maybe you should reassess your relationship.

Experienced falangs blasting someone who I assume to be a little less experienced in Thai ways for being guided by his girlfriend into how Thai culture works.

Come on guys, be a bit more charitable and get those choppers off his legbone. Many less confident country girls will provide exactly the same steer as his girlfriend did

Experienced falangs blasting someone who I assume to be a little less experienced in Thai ways for being guided by his girlfriend into how Thai culture works.

Come on guys, be a bit more charitable and get those choppers off his legbone. Many less confident country girls will provide exactly the same steer as his girlfriend did

If he is gonna poke the bulls then he is gonna get the horns. He came in with an attitude and left on his ass. Sorry but if your gonna live the thai life then try learning about it first before criticising it and if your going to let your girl hold your testicles then expect to be treated like a push over.

Simple as that.

Edited by irlguy1

If he is gonna poke the bulls then he is gonna get the horns. He came in with an attitude and left on his ass. Sorry but if your gonna live the thai life then try learning about it first before criticising it and if your going to let your girl hold your testicles then expect to be treated like a push over.

Simple as that.

Typical of the galdiatorial attitude I find so unappealing on Thai Visa.

Simple as that.

I assume you mean gladiatorial ;)

If you find the forum unappealing then leave.

Simple as that.

I assume you mean gladiatorial wink.png

If you find the forum unappealing then leave.

Exactly - and calling a lot of the opinions expressed here gladiatorial is somewhat OTT. I would call them lively (apart from JT's foodie threads rolleyes.gif ).

It's not what you said before; it's what you didn't say about how you didn't even bother to seek a refund. I say there is no way you couldn't have gotten a refund if you had pursued it. I agree there should have been an announcement in the theater but not at all surprised that there wasn't.

There most likely was one in Thai , but his gf did not bother to translate not to have the wait.

The huge line outside was people waiting for refund , certainly people not wanting to buy tickets to a movie which does not work .

Went to watch a movie last year at the same cinema, the 3D projector suffered a fault .... without being asked we got a full refund AND free tickets to another movie of our choice. Can't ask for better service than that ....

• Like 1