Myanmar's Tourist Arrivals Reached 1 Million In 2012

Lite Beer

Myanmar’s tourist arrivals reached 1 million in 2012

Myanmar finally reached its goal of attracting 1 million visitors for the first time, in 2012, according to an official from the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism.

“Preliminary figures are around 1,060,000 when we combine all the [figures] from the airport gateways including Yangon and border-entry points, but we are still checking the official statistics,” said the official.

Visitors entered the country through such important gateways as Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan, Nay Pyi Taw, in addition to many border checkpoints.

About 560,000 visitors entered Myanmar through the Yangon International Airport and the Yangon Port while another 560,000 visitors arrived in the country from the international entry points at the airports in Yangon, Mandalay, and Nay Pyi Taw.

Continues: http://www.elevenmya...million-in-2012

--Eleven Media Group--2013-01-06

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

In Mae Sot (visa run) I saw many busses from Chonburi (Pattaya?) with middle class Burmese people.

An oncle of my wife (retired co-director from Novotel in Rayong) told me, middle class hotel companies

start to invest in Burma, the Burmese people I saw are ENGLISH speaking hotel staff coming from Thailand

with a good job perspective in Burma.