White Plates Have Self Destructed – Need Advice

Hello helpful persons here. My white plates on my car are now 5 years old, and the white back ground have pealed off extremely much. They look total crap. The black Thai letters are still there.

Can I get them replaced?

Will I keep the same numbers?

I see many cars like this now, they are clearly faulty, they started peeling about 2 years ago. Do I have to pay to fix the Gov incompetence?

Do the corrupt Thai road cops want bribes for these?

Thanks in advance

What you are experiencing is very common.

Go to your local LTO and ask for new plates.

No charge.

The number won't change.

Then wait....

While you are waiting (and before posting again on this subject), read all the pre-existing threads on this subject on this forum.

• Like 1

Those plates are exactly the reason why people have to wait so long now for new ones.

The previous manufacturer turnud out crappy quality (as the OP found out), hence the governent had to go through the whole crap again of letting new suppliers bid on the contract, by the time all was done they ended up with a massive backlog...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are now one of the lucky ones. Go to the local Transport office, show them your plates ... they will keep them. They will give you a document to say why you now don't have number plates.

Eventually they will give you new ones ... until then you can be number plate free .. may get stopped more often but you have the document from the Transport office and that will cover you ............I think ... sorry smiley wouldn't

ps you will retain the same number ... you could make yourself some paper ones and waterproof if you wish.

See post #7. They keep the duff plates and give you a note to show to anyone who wants to know why.

Not sure where the OP is but in most towns, there's a thriving sideline at automotive parts shops and sign shops for temporary plastic plates for those with a dire need to have something bolted on.