Farm Photos

shaggy1969

you can pick electrial voltage off of a hi voltage line iif you have one close to where you need a electric fence.; a little thought, thinking of a bare conducxtor properly p-laced beneath power source worls good

• Like 1

Sister In-law has taken delivery of another 18 giving her a total of 34 now. Also is building another pen so looks like there is more to come.

_DSC3475.JPG

i hope she has a buyer lined up ron,

that is a lot of pigs that are all the same age, and will be ready for market at the same time,

but good luck to her,

• Like 1

if a task does not make lots of noise, polute, involve visiting with someone else, allows setting and shadow time, aqnd allowamce for a nip of whiskey, 1 hour nap break position refused

• Like 1

A little different 'farm', there are eight active open cast sapphire mining operations near us, based around the Ploy Waen area once one of the world's biggest sources of sapphires an rubies. Planted in fruit trees now, farmers lease blocks of land to the miners for either a set fee or a percentage, it is excavated, sifted, and reinstated with new fruit tree plantings, and usually a nice new house and cars as well.

tumblr_nqp5yqOg9R1r8w5s5o2_1280.jpg

A similar thing happened in loei with a number of small iron ore privateers until the government came in and shut them all down

farm help manpower is getting hard to find at a afforable price. some demand 400 baht/day or wont work. they become the thieves in the night as farmer cant afford them. broadcasting will become the norm and the layabouts will move to city to blend in with the other prima donnas who feel they are worth their weight in gold and people are priviliged to just being able to look at them lay in the cot all day.

• Like 1

farm help manpower is getting hard to find at a afforable price. some demand 400 baht/day or wont work. they become the thieves in the night as farmer cant afford them. broadcasting will become the norm and the layabouts will move to city to blend in with the other prima donnas who feel they are worth their weight in gold and people are priviliged to just being able to look at them lay in the cot all day.

Interesting, I thought of the vehicles Ron showed but you thought of the men, right?

For the boys:

In that case it's a funny system and sadly they are discouraged by it. It's not their fault, but they are conditioned to think that way. That won't change. Somehow they have to make the best of things in an un-equal system.

The real norm is that regular people/farmers work years/decades for the gold they wear or the house they built. In a system where the big gap between rich and relatively poor are maintained leads to compare their lives with richness from others. Those are two things you can't and shoudn't compare but society presses them with the confrontation to the things who seem/will be unreachable for all their lives. If fhe Gucci-bags, the bleached faces, the brands, the horrific-I-phone-contracts which unnessacarily leads many people into deep debt if this confrontation doesn't discourage them then themere presence of farangs, any farangs surely doensn't make handling life any easier.

I emphatise with them but they beinig a farm-boy despite this hopelesness I can still bring up the common sense and decency to choose to steal from a farang rather one of your own fellow country-men.

With this in mind, If I worked for B300/day with out any perspective in career or chance to safe money at all I wouldn't be 100% loyal to the people who contracted me whenever they see fit. It's unrealistic for a contractor to expect this level of commitment from them in the first place. There are simply not enough chances/oppertunities around for people like them.

It's like that.

• Like 1

farm size dictates if manpower or machine power will keep you going. Thailand farm size for the majority of farm famlies is where the real world was in the 1930's , the critical ingreadent lacking here is transport via rail or truck. most is done by the latter as the rail system is a shambles and lacking throughout the country. proper storage facilities owned and operated anasw well as fair market value declared by groups of farmers (CO OPs) but those 3 items leave the thai farmer at mercy of groups like CP. and other monopolies

a family with enough children can farm with draft animals about 120 -+ acres 1 cash crop and garden ,milk cow, hogs , chickens poaching wild game etc and exist and not go hungry too ofton. but the farners have to co operate in harvesting, threshing etc where machinery cost (Combine ,Threshing machine are required) The offspring of said farmer wont have a farm big enough for their family plus ma and pa so they hire on a on a payroll somewhere. Thailand is at this point, mabe even past it as there are too many farme raised people, not enough land to furnish a honest living , there is not enough industry to hire out of of work thai as many are used to doing as they want, when they want, on the farm with no offical ''boss''

basically i am saying expect more theft, skams, corruption as the land volume is not here to support farmers and the education system has not prepared any training for those people to compete in the developed countries nor have a large enough industrial base to employee the uneducated/utrained. I hope my comments are taken as i intended, i am not anti thai, have many good friends who have been denied the chance that i was given by a dirt poor community 70+ years ago and i may not be a multi millionaire but i live confortable and everything i posess was paid for with honest earned money, have no monetary debts owed and have had a good enjoyable run of a lifestyle i enjoyed and it supported my families I just hope my support ot the present PM intentions are correct as i will admit to thinking Thaksin had enough money he did not need to steal the country blind. Another mistake in judgement of people on my part

• Like 2