Motor Bike Rentals

LOS1234

expats living in chiang mai.

in a few weeks four of us will be arriving in chiang mai. we are looking to rent preferably four 125 geared m-bikes for 10-12 days touring. we want dependable bikes, maintained, and good tires. we are all experienced motor bike riders with thai driver's licenses.

any recommendations where to rent? pricing for 4?

is there any problems at road blocks, police, ect when using hired bikes if you are outside the chiang mai area? reason asking we may take a loop up to chiang rai.

thank you kindly

There are many places to rent in Central Chiang Mai .POP are one of the big companies ,and seem to have well maintained bikes .You should have no problems with the police if you papers are in order ( ie ,you have a home driving license plus an international licenser )

I was looking at motorcycles/scooters on the Chiang Mai classified listings of Thai Visa Forum and saw that there's a motorcycle rental business called Vanessa's, and according to their ad they are running some sort of a high season special. I am in no way affiliated with them but you might want to check them out. Anyone here ever rented from Vanessa's...if so what was your experience? I have rented several times from Tony's Big Bikes and they have always been great, and they take good care of their bikes. My suggestion, however, is bring your own helmets because rental helmets are usually beat up something awful and smell like dirty dishrags inside.

I have used Vanessa's, and they gave me two new helmets ,I never had any problem and have had friends here visit me and they also never had any problems, I would highly recommend them. I have know personnel interest in the Bike Rental Business,but if you are looking to rent a well maintain bike I would use them. Just my 2 cents Cheers

There are many places to rent in Central Chiang Mai .POP are one of the big companies ,and seem to have well maintained bikes .You should have no problems with the police if you papers are in order ( ie ,you have a home driving license plus an international licenser )

How many times will people keep repeating this nonsense!

All you need is a valid license for m/cs written in English.

International is only required for those with licenses printed in non-English languages.

Rathviti road has the older CBR 150's for around 300-400 per day.

Light grey frames are the older bikes, the darker grey frames are the newer old ones before the style change, same engines just different colors.

Edited by KRS1

How many times will people keep repeating this nonsense!

All you need is a valid license for m/cs written in English.

International is only required for those with licenses printed in non-English languages.

Actually, if you don't have a Thai license you should have your home license together with an IDP (even if your home license is in English) to be legal--time sensitive. In practise, however, the police won't bother you either way and you can easily rent bikes without one, and if one gets stopped and asked for a license, you'll likely just be fined 200-400 baht for not having one. If you have a crash and don't have a license, then good luck...

/Mr Mechanic along Moon Muang seems to have clean bikes and the guy there is friendly. They've got a site but it seems to be down at the mo.//

Edited by jackr

What is the best price anyone here has seen to rent a 200cc - 250cc cruiser style motorcycle like a Honda Phantom? Anyone seen them for under 400 baht per day? Thanks!

CBR 250, Ninja 250 goes for around 800-900 so may be similar to the Phantom.

• 2 months later...