Kasikorn Bank At It Again

On Jan 12 2013, I made a debit card transaction for 1860 BHT.

On line account check carried out Jan 16 2013.

CREDIT for 1860 BHT shown to have taken place on Dec 31 2012 (adjustment-no book- dummy branch 00045).

DEBIT for 1860 BHT shown to have taken place on Jan 12 2013 (correct details).

DEBIT for 1860 BHT made to account on Jan 14 2013 ("code" shown as "JN" ; not listed in pass book "meaning of code" section.

One simple transaction, two incorrect uses of my bank account.

When the branch counter staff were asked to explain................. need I go on............?

I have no idea what the tax/trading years are here, but I smell a "get the bottom line for the end of the year up" rat here.

Yeh yeh, my balance is ok; but <deleted>??

Last time I put a Kas bank topic up, I discovered I wasn't the only one with the same situation.

Anyone else seeing something like the same as me??

• Like 1

I closed out my Kasikorn accounts a while back. I always had trouble with them. They gave me the cash and kept the books. I left with no documentation of the accounts. I had to go back and get copies which they messed up several times before getting them right.

I guess it depends with whom you are dealing with..... there can be dishonest staff at any bank and any branch.....

just had some business to do at Bangkok Bank's MEGA BANGNA branch, when someone stepped inside with 10 PACKS of Thousands of THB bills, that looked like a brick each, each seems to contain 1000 bills, totalling at 1 Million Baht therefore. Never seen such thing before at a small branch.

Not difficult to imagine that some bank staff might get wet eyes and develop nasty thoughts when seeing this.....

Heck, I've got a farang friend who bought a car about 6 months ago...well, actually his long time Thai wife and him bought the car. The car was delivered to his house by two dealership people...his house is out in the county (jungle). His wife, along with the wife's brother, had went to the bank the previous day to withdraw 660,000 baht to pay for the car (that would surely be several bricks of 1,000 baht bills). They kept the money in the house overnight until the next day. When the car was delivered that day the paperwork and cash was exchanged at the house....and my friend said the two car dealership folks who delivered the car planned to take the money directly to the bank for deposit....or basically walk in with bricks of 1,000 baht bills for deposit. I've also been at the bank before and seen people come in carrying small bags (like a bowling ball bag), take a queue number, wait for their queue number to be called, go set the bag on the clerk's counter, and then that person would just start pulling bricks of money out of the bag (1000, 500, and 100 baht bills) and handing it to the clerk for counting and deposit.

Not to worrie, Like you said yourself: "my balance is ok". It is just their way of administering..

Kbank is very good!

It's not very good. In fact it is the worst bank I've encountered in my lifetime and I've had dozens of accounts on four continents. I would urge anyone to move away from this bank. Don't even think about opening a foreign currency account there.

I guess it depends with whom you are dealing with..... there can be dishonest staff at any bank and any branch.....

just had some business to do at Bangkok Bank's MEGA BANGNA branch, when someone stepped inside with 10 PACKS of Thousands of THB bills, that looked like a brick each, each seems to contain 1000 bills, totalling at 1 Million Baht therefore. Never seen such thing before at a small branch.

Not difficult to imagine that some bank staff might get wet eyes and develop nasty thoughts when seeing this.....

Not so unusual, seen this a number of times. Recent post here mentioned withdrawing 1M and carrying it across town for deposit in a different bank. Saved the B150 transfer fee--towards a bar fine no doubt.

Lots of business in Asia is done on a cash basis. Less paperwork that way. wink.png One of the freedoms pretty much lost in Western countries.

Edited by JSixpack

I think its all down to which branch you use.

I always use Pattaya Central Festival Branch as they tend to be the most farlang friendly and understand customer service.

When I have used other branches the customer service is very disappointing.

Had account's with them 5 years.

I got fed up with several issues, moved to Bangkok Bank and have never had any of the issues I had at K Bank.. I do concede in fairness, it may have been some staff at that branch were just pricks.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

So, it's the "same old same old" once again.

At least it's not only me.

Yesterday I sent an e mail to Kasbank, asking for explanation; and received back the expected reply that they will not discuss account info over e mails.

They gave me a phone number to call if I want to enquire further

I will do just that on monday 21st jan. just to hear what they come out with.

Bloody banks indeed, can't let 'em think I haven't spotted it though!

Heck, I've got a farang friend who bought a car about 6 months ago...well, actually his long time Thai wife and him bought the car. The car was delivered to his house by two dealership people...his house is out in the county (jungle). His wife, along with the wife's brother, had went to the bank the previous day to withdraw 660,000 baht to pay for the car (that would surely be several bricks of 1,000 baht bills). They kept the money in the house overnight until the next day. When the car was delivered that day the paperwork and cash was exchanged at the house....and my friend said the two car dealership folks who delivered the car planned to take the money directly to the bank for deposit....or basically walk in with bricks of 1,000 baht bills for deposit. I've also been at the bank before and seen people come in carrying small bags (like a bowling ball bag), take a queue number, wait for their queue number to be called, go set the bag on the clerk's counter, and then that person would just start pulling bricks of money out of the bag (1000, 500, and 100 baht bills) and handing it to the clerk for counting and deposit.

Am not sure what this has to do with Kasikorn Bank service, which we are discussing.

Not to worrie, Like you said yourself: "my balance is ok". It is just their way of administering..

Kbank is very good!

It's not very good. In fact it is the worst bank I've encountered in my lifetime and I've had dozens of accounts on four continents. I would urge anyone to move away from this bank. Don't even think about opening a foreign currency account there.

I had a couple of problems with them 6 years ago and closed my account but have recently been forced to open a new account with them to receive my local allowances from a new employer that uses them.

Kbank is very good!

I had a couple of problems with them 6 years ago and closed my account but have recently been forced to open a new account with them to receive my local allowances from a new employer that uses them.

I am surprised. I see all the negative remarks as a possible warning for myself. Thanks.

You where forced by your employer to open an account with them.. Sad

My UK accounts have many times had double debits or credits happen and then be adjusted. A message next to the transaction on the online statement just says "an adjustment has been made to your account". Just a system error I think. Balance is what it should be so no need to be getting your knickers in a twist.

Just made the fone call, guess what.

First I had to say it all 3 times, she didn't seem to understand the diff between credit and debit.

After she'd got what I was saying, she asked why I was calling; eh?.

Only after I'd explained it all again did she ask for my "security details", and account number.

After we'd confirmed, again, the correct debit on 12-01-13; she decided it was "ok".

I, again, told her to look at the incorrect traansactions made on my account on 31-12-12 and 14-01-13

Now for the punchline:

She said she was not able to look at my account details for last year because the sysyem had "updated".

All thinks considered, she may have just as well told me to piss off and stop wasting her time.

I hung up, and was not called back; she must have been pleased to get back to her mobile and bowl of rice.

As I can look at my account details for last year, I have to assume a Kas employee can too.

Now I've confirmed, again, that I've been lied to by Kas.

Like mccw says, nothing new here.

In the last 12 months I've had to correct financial errors made by everyone from the Kas to uk building socs to canadian pension schemes uk credit card companies and HMRC.

And every time I've come away suspicious of what's happened; mabe most other people in the world really are so stupid they can't do their simple little monkey jobs correctly.

Knickers not twisted, but need to be constantly observed to stop them dissapearing up the crack; in my recent experience.

I don't take too much seriously these days, but money's serious to me. Not sure about banks etc though, like a game to them mabe.

Sounds to me like it was simply an error that got picked up and corrected. Could be any number of reasons for the error depending on how the transaction was processed, system interfaces, manual posting and human incompetence etc etc. Might even have been the error was on the retailer's side and the bank did you a favour in picking it up - who knows? :)

I know sometimes big institutions have a lot to answer for, and conspiracies happen. A little context would be useful here though around the comment:

I have no idea what the tax/trading years are here, but I smell a "get the bottom line for the end of the year up" rat here.

Kasikorn's assets on their balance sheet are around THB 2 Trillion (with a "t") = THB 2,000,000,000,000, and their 2012 profit was ball park THB 35,000,000,000. So for THB 1,860 or $63 they'd need one hell of a pied piper to make a difference in those numbers :)

i was trying to find out if loads of kas customers had a funny on their accounts on the last day of last year.

you know, the one about how all the pennies mount up.

looks like not though.

kas were pretty good to me for 4 years, but now 2 probs in 8 months.

big picture untroubled, one eye open.

POSTSCRIPT

Yesterday i had my pass book updated.

the 3 entries (2 debits and 1 credit) for the 1860TB were shown, but on diferent days to that shown on my on line account statement.

not good at all; monkey banking.

i will keep the account, as it works a direct debit to true vision.

i'm running the balance down, and they will never again see the 800k TB 3 month retirement wad.

i wonder if the next selected bank will be any better..................

yeh, i tried the call center a few weeks back (my post#21 this thread), and got <deleted>.

as the bottom line's ok, i see no benefit in bothering the poor little things at kas anymore about this.

like i said, they have now lost me as a trusting account holder; and will never see my account balance at more than 50,000TB again.

yeh, i tried the call center a few weeks back (my post#21 this thread), and got <deleted>.

as the bottom line's ok, i see no benefit in bothering the poor little things at kas anymore about this.

like i said, they have now lost me as a trusting account holder; and will never see my account balance at more than 50,000TB again.

snap! !!!!! too many screw ups made me go same way....rather pay 150 per trans and less BS