Cannot Import Notebook With Dhl From Europe?dangerous Goods Declaration?

Sandman77

Just talk with a export dealer in Germany for computer stuff he told me battery's and sprays and also notebooks cannot imported to Thailand only when declare with special packing dangerous goods!

If the risk of exploration of a notebook akku would be so high , then I ask myself why people can use it inside the airplane !

On other post I read notebook import no problem with normal post but amazon also not want send '!

Can someone tell me why in Asia only have small 15,4 small inch screen?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

.. "only 15,4 inch small screen" ? Where have you been looking? They sell notebooks in Thailand in virtually ALL available screen sizes. You can buy a decent notebook at IT-centers all over the country for the same price you pay in Europe, then why risk having to pay import duty tax and the over-hefty postage fee? It will cost you a lot more than buying a good brand notebook in Thailand.

• Like 1

The reason why they do not is because you need import/export license, new rule/law in Thailand .

FedEx will but you will be hit with import/export license fee, taxes, clearance fees and everything else.

Best bet is to have it posted regular post.

I have gone through this headache few months ago when I had iPhone 5 posted to Thailand

A German friend of mine in Malaysia needed to upgrade his comp. last year. Figured the best way was to pay a friend in Germany, who was coming to Asia, to buy the comp and bring it on the flight. Advantages: Cheaper in Germany, German keyboard, no import tax. AA

Just talk with a export dealer in Germany for computer stuff he told me battery's and sprays and also notebooks cannot imported to Thailand only when declare with special packing dangerous goods!

If the risk of exploration of a notebook akku would be so high , then I ask myself why people can use it inside the airplane !

On other post I read notebook import no problem with normal post but amazon also not want send '!

Load of crap. Import laptops and other goods containing Lithium batteries all the time. You simply have to state the battery type and how its packaged - certain lithium batteries shipments are prohibited. Laptops/phones/Tablets are certainly not prohibited. Apple Asia ship all their laptops from china via DHL....

PI966 lithium shipments are fine packaged with equipment or in equipment (Cant remember the PI code).

The reason why they do not is because you need import/export license, new rule/law in Thailand .

FedEx will but you will be hit with import/export license fee, taxes, clearance fees and everything else.

I have gone through this headache few months ago when I had iPhone 5 posted to Thailand

Not correct you do not require import/export licence. You simply pay DHL or FEDEX a clearance fee as they act as your agent. Been that way for 10 years+

Just imported a 100,000THB laptop total paid to Fed Ex under 4000THB including import duty, VAT and clearance fee.

Edited by negreanu
  • Like 1

Load of crap. Import laptops and other goods containing Lithium batteries all the time. You simply have to state the battery type and how its packaged - certain lithium batteries shipments are prohibited. Laptops/phones/Tablets are certainly not prohibited. Apple Asia ship all their laptops from china via DHL....

PI966 lithium shipments are fine packaged with equipment or in equipment (Cant remember the PI code).

Not correct you do not require import/export licence. You simply pay DHL or FEDEX a clearance fee as they act as your agent. Been that way for 10 years+

Just imported a 100,000THB laptop total paid to Fed Ex under 4000THB including import duty, VAT and clearance fee.

yes you do need the license, the fact that fedex or dhl handles the matter for you as an agent does not change the regulation.

yes you do need the license, the fact that fedex or dhl handles the matter for you as an agent does not change the regulation.

Then I request you to supply the source of information on this 'new law' as I have not yet seen it.

• Like 1

As I understand it this is based on 2013 IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations which came into effect on January 1, 2013. It's not a Thai "thing" but worldwide.

It is supposed to make some things easier by stipulating by battery type specific declarations required [or not]. As noted the shippers manage this but in some cases it will add complexity [read cost] to the air shipping process.

Regards

Then I request you to supply the source of information on this 'new law' as I have not yet seen it.

You will not find it on any thai website, however if you call fedex or dhl and ask them what is needed for posting telecommunication device into Thailand, they will advise you of the above

Edited by lemoncake

You will not find it on any thai website, however if you call fedex or dhl and ask them what is needed for posting telecommunication device into Thailand, they will advise you of the above

Not required for personal imports.

Yes you do, as i said already before i had an iphone sent to me from Australia and went through the headache, because fedex in australia did not advise the sender of the regulations and the extra costs.