Where To Buy An Iron Or Steel Frying Pan

vagabond48

vagabond... Lots of helpful posts here, but if you have never been to Puan Krua (Friend of the Kitchen), you need to hop on your bike and check it out. To be honest, I am not sure they have what you are looking for but it is one of THOSE PLACES you have to know about in Chiang Mai. Head down Lamphun Road and about a hundred meters after you cross under the Super Highway, look for a building on the left with a parking lot out front. They have all kinds of cooking supplies in there.

• Like 1

vagabond... Lots of helpful posts here, but if you have never been to Puan Krua (Friend of the Kitchen), you need to hop on your bike and check it out. To be honest, I am not sure they have what you are looking for but it is one of THOSE PLACES you have to know about in Chiang Mai. Head down Lamphun Road and about a hundred meters after you cross under the Super Highway, look for a building on the left with a parking lot out front. They have all kinds of cooking supplies in there.

I spend way too much time at Bakersmart so I am familiar with their inventory to a degree which is bizarre. Unfortunately they don't carry cast iron pans. But you'll probably see a lot of other stuff you haven't been able to find elsewhere. They do carry stainless steel pans, though. Both Meyer and Seagull have stores on Chang Klan Road where you can find plenty of stainless steel pans.

Edited by butterisbetter

My full twelve inches arrived yesterday - thank you Raro, and it is great. It weighs about half an elephant and cooks beautifully. It came pre-seasoned, but I guess will take a while to get just how I want it.

Thumbs up from me - a bargain for 1350 IMHO! So, what to cook next... biggrin.png

• 5 months later...

My full twelve inches arrived yesterday - thank you Raro, and it is great. It weighs about half an elephant and cooks beautifully. It came pre-seasoned, but I guess will take a while to get just how I want it.

Thumbs up from me - a bargain for 1350 IMHO! So, what to cook next... biggrin.png

I forgot to mention that my mother never washed cast iron cookware. She wiped it only. Seasoning is the issue (beyond quality) and she relied on the heat from pre-heating to sterilize. Occasionally she would coat again with bacon grease or "Crisco" and heat in the oven again.

• 5 years later...
On 1/28/2013 at 9:16 AM, xen said:

Does anyone know the address of the shop that sells cast iron in Chiang Mai.

I clicked all the links in the previous posts but got broken links or no address at all.

Wow.

Nobody cooks with carbon steel wok here?

I went around warorot and couldn't find carbon steel wok, they have stainless steel and an iron wok (don't know what type of iron) but no carbon steel.

Where can I find this in Chiang Mai?

for years I had being frying in these non stick frying pans.

Bottoms aways bending, coating scratching off, unhealthy,the on a thread here a cast iron frying pan was recommended.

I bought one , seasoned as recommended with oil.

a couple of years now, and use nothing else for frying, cleans easy, nothing sticks to it, and still looks and works like the day I bought it.

Where had it been all my life?

I bought mine in the west, but I did a quick research  and they seem to have many of them on Lazada 

Having problems with website loading properly so I can only see pictures of one set, perhaps you will have better luck.