Insane Prices

MacChine

For what ever it's worth......A US of A Washington State Red Delicious applepost-123755-0-77788500-1360243061_thumb.

is the same price in Phuket as it is in Washington State, US of A

Are you saying the apples are imported from The States, or just apples from anywhere are the same price as The States?

The imported apple from Wenatchee Washington, or any apple growing county in Washington State, are the same price here.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what ever it's worth......A US of A Washington State Red Delicious applepost-123755-0-77788500-1360243061_thumb.

Are you saying the apples are imported from The States, or just apples from anywhere are the same price as The States?

The imported apple from Wenatchee Washington, or any apple growing county in Washington State, are the same price here.

I would have thought there would be high taxes or excise on foreign imported agricultural products.

If that's true, US citizens are getting screwed.

How'd you like them apples?

This has been my gripe for a few years now. With a strong baht, why has the price of imported items never fallen accordingly?

<snip>

Snickers bars (Marathon) are much cheaper now.

Unfortunately, my waistline has increased accordingly.

• Like 1

Phuket is more expensive because everything a expat may want is available here

We have explored Thailand as far as Cha Am, no other town or province has the same goods and services available

It may be more expensive than other areas in Thailand but its much cheaper than so called western developed countries

IF people wish to complain about Phuket and Thailand its much cheaper to live in Laos or Cambodia and should suite them

Those same goods and services are available in Bangkok, Pataya and Chiang Mai and doubtless in other locations in Thailand also, their pricing in Phuket is unique to Phuket, let me assure you. A part of the reason for that is the shipping/transportation distance involved from Bangkok, the major reason though is beause it is believed that Phuket residents can stand it. That you have seen nothing similar between Phuket and Cha Am confirms nothing other than the fact that there is indeed very little of anything in that space.

I think some products must be transported from Bangkok to Phuket by tuk-tuk because they are more expensive than in western countries. smile.pngsmile.png

What products and what western country are those products less expensive than here in Phuket than there wai2.gif

For example....cheese or cars only to name some. You will get them cheaper in most countries.

Condoms are extremely cheap here compared to western countries.

So is beer.

What else do a majority of you need?

LOL! I don't know about condoms, but the beer here sucks, and it's more money than many decent beers back on the other side of the planet. In fact I know I bought Singha for less there than here.

Condoms are extremely cheap here compared to western countries.

So is beer.

What else do a majority of you need?

We ALL need transport to beer bars to drink said "cheap beer" and then meet someone to use said "condoms." smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

LOL! beatdeadhorse.gif

Not when you're paying them -Just noticing my coffee has doubled in price the last few months.

The taxis.

Someone got charged 800 baht to go 1 k on a motorcycle taxi - that is obscene. But is it a new practice? Maybe not.

Island is getting more crowded, population explosion is going to be rough. Maybe not really a place to be in 10 years , or less.

But I think prices are being tripled by way of SOP open season on visitors. TiT

Really now how's this for nonsensical , Glad I'm not any younger and my generation may well be the last of the lucky ones..

Mod Thanks for removing nonsensical posts. Is it possible to not remove them? Maybe they would be of some small value

Honestly I'd rather pedantic quips be tossed, instead.

We're not in English class, or are we?

After a look and comparison between a few countries on this site http://www.numbeo.com/food-prices/ prices in Phuket or anywhere else in Thailand gets uninterestingsad.png

Not when you're paying them -Just noticing my coffee has doubled in price the last few months.

The taxis.

Someone got charged 800 baht to go 1 k on a motorcycle taxi - that is obscene. But is it a new practice? Maybe not.

Island is getting more crowded, population explosion is going to be rough. Maybe not really a place to be in 10 years , or less.

But I think prices are being tripled by way of SOP open season on visitors. TiT

Really now how's this for nonsensical , Glad I'm not any younger and my generation may well be the last of the lucky ones..

Mod Thanks for removing nonsensical posts. Is it possible to not remove them? Maybe they would be of some small value

Honestly I'd rather pedantic quips be tossed, instead.

We're not in English class, or are we?

After a look and comparison between a few countries on this site http://www.numbeo.com/food-prices/ prices in Phuket or anywhere else in Thailand gets uninterestingsad.png

When it comes to most foreigners here I believe its a question about how much each individual think its acceptable to pay for a living here compared to eventually where they come from or lived previously and of course if their income increase here due to higher salary or a good exchange rate for their pensions. Then again comes the question about quality of life. For some beach,shopping and nightlife is quality of life for others not and in my experience "the others" is losing that race. That not means its still not alternatives on Phuket but what was is shrinking by the month.