How Many People On A Motorbike?

simon43

Best I have seen is 5, mum, dad and 3 kids (I think they had a couple of chickens as well if that counts) :D

I heard from 'someone' that there is a law limiting you to a maximum of 4 of anything (adults, kids, chickens, water buffalo) on a bike, anyone else heard of this??

Add a sidecar and the sky's the limit :o

Totally frivilous post....

Yesterday I saw 6 people on an ordinary moped (2 adults plus 4 kids)

Is this a record??

(Probably not :D)Simon

The most I've seen recently is 5. But when I first came to Thailand 27 years ago I once saw 8 on Sukhumvit in Bangkok, and the traffic was worst in those days :o

They are much better at it in Cambodia. My current observation record stands at four adults, one child and a rather upset pig. Six is not uncommon but that pig was a clincher. Also, they extend the seats there which gives them an advantage.

Here is one of my more memorable photos from Thailand>

post-7382-1141275980_thumb.jpg

:o:D Mine is seven. Mum dad and five children, plus shopping hanging from handlebars. Can understand why so many die on the roads. It is very sad.

The thing that annoys me the most is when dad or mum have helmet on (albeit a 150 baht job) and kids have nowt. Are they that expendable? :D

I heard from 'someone' that there is a law limiting you to a maximum of 4 of anything (adults, kids, chickens, water buffalo) on a bike, anyone else heard of this??

Five young girls on a motorbike here were stopped by the MiB. He told them that one had to get off as the maximum was four. You know it makes sense! :o

Ok, not the most on a motorbke, but the strangest I have seen.

One day on Phetchakasem Rd in Hua Hin I saw a motorbike with 2 guys and a big dog on it. The pillion passenger was holding the dog in a sitting position on his lap. The driver was riding one handed and the other hand was holding an intravenous drip bottle up high, with the line going down to the obviously sick dog :o

The most I have seen on a motorbike was seven, in Korat two days ago. Two pregnant woman and three small kids :D

The one that irritated me the most was a woman with three kids on the bike. It was on Sukhumvit Road Pattaya during evening rush hour. Three kids, driving in VERY heavy traffic and talking on a cell phone. How STUPID can you get? :o

I have driven 5 on my ol 1978 Honda XL. Not that I would recommend such antics. Not for safety mind you, but driving with your family jewels nestled against the gas tank just ain't too much fun.