US Embassy

It is about midway along the road with the British Embassy at the east side and Rama IV road at the west end. The Embassy itself is on the North side of the road but the Consulate and ACSU are in the old Embassy building across the street on the South side. Entrance is by a door to the left of the main vehicle entrance and there is a high wall.

As for hotels I believe someone mentioned a place across from the British Embassy in that price range but don't recall the name. It was a new small place I believe.

map.gif

I have a friend who hasn't been to the embassy before.

Can you advise please, as I haven't a clue other than Wireless Rd.

cheers :o

udon

holiday mansion right across the road about 1500 a night ploernchit BTS five min walk if that

There is a place called the Rex Hotel on Sukhumvit which is not the nicest but at 880 baht a night including breakfast is reasonable.

You come out of there and turn right, walk for 300 or so metres and you can get on the Skytrain at the Thong Lo stop (E6) which is at Sukhumvit 55.

Stay on the same side that you get on the station and get off at the Ploenchit stop (E2) and walk on down the exit headin the same way as the train and when you come to the bridge over the road go to the left side and go down Wireless road. When you reach that bridge the British Embassy is on the right corner with a large flagpole in the front.

The US consulate and visa department are about 10 minutes walk on the left side or as an alternative you can easily get a taxi, motorcycle taxi or tuk tuk, all of which will cost around 40 baht maximum.

There are probably other hotels around by the Nana BTS stop which is Sukhumvit soi 7 but I have no idea of the quality or prices.

I hope that this helps.

:o

Skytrain/metro was not committed to memory prior to hitting reply. The only access to information after start reply is of that contained in the text portion so it is best to ask, or repeat, questions in the text.

Skytrain/metro was not committed to memory prior to hitting reply. The only access to information after start reply is of that contained in the text portion so it is best to ask, or repeat, questions in the text.

I cheated. I was in BKK last month and I picked up a free Skytrain map.