Tot Server Crash Wipes Out Thailand's Internet

george

Were you affected by TOT server crash?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks George !!

In Pattaya it is still impossible to access any Website while using TOT !

I spoke too soon, just after George posted this and I posted my message TOT came back online in Patters.

Fortunately I have a 3BB line as a Backup !!

Chiang Mai was out for about 8 hrs. We had been having issues with Modem... lol! Thought that it was a issue again, Then I was able to connect with True... but then it disapeared haha! only in Thailand! Cat knocked wifes Tablet off counter and Screen is shattered... shell be happy when she returns from BBK in a week...(I just not going to say anything or she might return earlier!!!! shhhhhh!)

Came up about 1430 hrs here in Nong Hoy!

I guess if you are just patient.... All is well... That ends well

I thought Charlerm was going to say to had something to do with American Consulate and blame it on Terrorists!! (another Dream!)

Edited by davidstipek

Nothing really new here in the Klaeng district of Rayong. TOT service usually goes out friday after 5pm so no service until monday afternoon. I dont think I have had a full day of internet service for the last 4 or 5 months. Truly the worst service one has to pay for.

My BTV (cable internet ) in Pattaya was fine until 2 p.m. this afternoon when it went down and hasn't come back since.

Could this be connected to the TOT blunder or is it a separate problem?

BTV usually blame CAT when something goes wrong - never mentioned TOT.

Doesn't seem likely, but who knows?....

now does the whole country for TOT go thru 1 server? no redudancy??

chiang mai up and running at 13:30

Not in San Kamphaeng, after 4 pm.

Talking of refunds, once it was off for about 4 days, waiting on a spare part for our area. Filled in the right forms & got the refund. It was the principle rather than the amount. Apart from outages like today, TOT is generally pretty good considering our "out in the sticks" location.

Fawk me, landlady was treating me like <deleted> last night, then when www. is down today I lost it, accused her of not paying the bill (due on the 14th every month).

Net back on here in PrachuapKK/BSPYai ~ 1600, I have egg all over me ugly mug now. AA

What surprises me the most, is that there was no communication from ToT on their website.

If there is a problem then the most logical thing to do is post a message in Thai on their Website and for my part in Tinglish that the Internet is not working.

But maybe that is just wishful thinking

What good would it do to post on their website if the internet is down? Maybe an sms would be a good thing though :)

What surprises me the most, is that there was no communication from ToT on their website.

If there is a problem then the most logical thing to do is post a message in Thai on their Website and for my part in Tinglish that the Internet is not working.

What good would it do to post on their website if the internet is down? Maybe an sms would be a good thing though smile.png

Read my comment here: http://www.thaivisa....t/#entry6117706

There are still a lot of people left in the dark (who have other ways to access the internet) so a simple message on a website would help a lot but maybe that is just to easy !

Edited by MJCM

Thanks George !!

In Pattaya it is still impossible to access any Website while using TOT !

I spoke too soon, just after George posted this and I posted my message TOT came back online in Patters.

Fortunately I have a 3BB line as a Backup !!

Chiang Mai was out for about 8 hrs. We had been having issues with Modem... lol! Thought that it was a issue again, Then I was able to connect with True... but then it disapeared haha! only in Thailand! Cat knocked wifes Tablet off counter and Screen is shattered... shell be happy when she returns from BBK in a week...(I just not going to say anything or she might return earlier!!!! shhhhhh!)

Came up about 1430 hrs here in Nong Hoy!

I guess if you are just patient.... All is well... That ends well

I thought Charlerm was going to say to had something to do with American Consulate and blame it on Terrorists!! (another Dream!

which area of chiang mai ? i had no connection from 11:00 til 13:30

Maybe a page like this from TOT or 3BB is too much to ask ??

https://national.vir...ncements/status

Edited by MJCM