Bizarre Experience At Villa Market.

Exsexyman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely quite short-sighted attitude on the part of the management. I wouldn't blame the guard - he's just a mere robot, a tool, doing what he was ordered to do. But that special @someone from the office" didn't assess the situation correctly... Another bullet into Pattaya's already tarnished image, mesays.

Yeah - wonder how many times a day that guard hears the same story. I'm sure he probably wants to explain to his boss why he let so many people out without paying just because they said they lost their tickets too.

And for someone who has spent "hundreds of thousands of baht" there over the years to quibble over 240 baht ? Someone who SHOULD KNOW that that is probably almost the guards wages for the day (having been around for "years").

Somehow I think that place won't even notice one less customer, and will probably be happier for it.

Edited by Kerryd
  • Like 2

Whats bizzare is that your friend looses his temper over thb 240.-

You loose your ticket you pay the prise.

Rules are rules, and your friend should know better.

Nothing to do with Villa Mart, which is overprized anyway, foodland is much better.

Last month I was at the airport at 5 am, I don't know what happened but I never got a parking ticket, when I left there at 7 am, I explained the lady that I didn't got a ticket when I came in, she called a guard, who had some tickets and all I had to pay was 50 bht. The sign on the board told: no ticket-300 bht, I was very lucky with such a generous lady.

The silly thing is the fact that these businesses give out a ticket at all.

You drive into Big C or Lotus Tesco Superstore, a guy in a uniform hands you a ticket. When you leave you hand the same ticket to another guy in a uniform. It's nice to be employing two more people, but the purpose of the ticket round-robin escapes me to this day.

Perhaps the entire purpose of the procedure is to occasionally collect the 240 baht fine?

You drive into Big C or Lotus Tesco Superstore, a guy in a uniform hands you a ticket. When you leave you hand the same ticket to another guy in a uniform. It's nice to be employing two more people, but the purpose of the ticket round-robin escapes me to this day.

Perhaps the entire purpose of the procedure is to occasionally collect the 240 baht fine?

Could it be a security thing for the driver?

On entry you get the ticket and take it with you.

On leaving you hand in the ticket, no ticket, can't leave and if you are stealing the vehicle you are caught?

Not that much security but some?

smile.png

• Like 1

The ticket is to stop every man and his dog parking in what is a very small parking area.

• Like 1

Could it be a security thing for the driver?

On entry you get the ticket and take it with you.

On leaving you hand in the ticket, no ticket, can't leave and if you are stealing the vehicle you are caught?

Not that much security but some?

smile.png

That is the purpose of them in some car parks. If you don't have a ticket, you have to prove you are the car owner. But if it's a simple fine, then you could just steal a car and happily pay the 240 baht.

• Like 2

The ticket is to stop every man and his dog parking in what is a very small parking area.

dogs drive?giggle.giftongue.png