Thai Lottery

Hedghog

I occasionally pick a lottery ticket.

Maybe 4 or 5 times a year.This week I actually won,

The princely sum of 6,000Baht.

Number (512109 )the 109.and the 09.gave me the win.

Does anyone else play?

The money I have donated to a school fund,for a Thai friends young girl,who I sponsor.

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe I will play more often.

I thought lotto is for those who are not good a math; or to be more precisely, for those who do not understand statistical probabilities.

Well my mathematical statistic says that if i spend 500 baht on every upcoming lottery it will take me 33 years or so to start being on a loss!laugh.png

• Like 2

I thought lotto is for those who are not good a math; or to be more precisely, for those who do not understand statistical probabilities.

Well my mathematical statistic says that if i spend 500 baht on every upcoming lottery it will take me 33 years or so to start being on a loss!laugh.png

I think you just proved the point about not understanding probabilities.

How likely is it that one wins 400K? By design almost everybody who plays will loose. Otherwise it would not work.

• Like 1

How likely is it that one wins 400K? By design almost everybody who plays will loose. Otherwise it would not work.

Then again, if I buy one ticket and you don't buy any I probably stand a better chance of winning something than you do.

Indeed, and more likely to loose than me. whistling.gif But do carry on. laugh.png

It has to be the most convoluted lottery in existence, taking the best past of a couple of hours, while a bunch of uniformed attention seekers ceremoniously strut around their importance. As for the value of the return, well, let's not go there shall we. And, isn't gambling illegal in Thailand? Typical of anything created and administered by Thai bureaucrats. Dull, time consuming, a rip off and hypocritical. The only good thing about is the offshoot income it provides the thousands that peddle the tickets.

• Like 1

I read somewhere once how small a percentage of takings is actually paid out. Also, it's retarded how you can't choose your own numbers, you have to look for someone selling the specific ticket numbers you want. Another point is why do some vendors try to charge 110b instead of 100 and why do even official vendors charge 100 when the tickets say 40 baht on each side.

• Like 1

I think you just proved the point about not understanding probabilities.

Well, apparently it happens more often than one would think...that exact sum, that is.

I don't even understand how the lottery over here works... Can anyone care to explain?

Buy a ticket from the lotto man on a bicycle with a massive board displaying tickets attached to the handlebar; the more auspicious numbers are more expensive. Then buy the result announcement from a lady on the street who has photocopied the latest edition of a newspaper. Dispose of your ticket responsibly. That's it. biggrin.png

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1