Nigerians And Soi 3

diddums

...and attending Thai-Nigerian Chamber of Commerce meetings.

Yes kind of figured you were close to the Nigerian Embassy in BKK. Does it offend you more to see what other people feel about the situation on SOI 3 or to go down there at night and see it for yourself?

Neither offends me. I go to Soi 3 to eat all the time.

It's racism that offends me. Like assuming all Africans are from Nigeria, that all the Africans in Soi 3 are here for nefarious reasons, and that a black pimp is somehow more despicable than a white one.

That's more racial stereotyping than out and out racism old bean.

• Like 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes kind of figured you were close to the Nigerian Embassy in BKK. Does it offend you more to see what other people feel about the situation on SOI 3 or to go down there at night and see it for yourself?

Depends on the ability of those describing their feelings to avoid filling in the blanks with stereotypes and to look beyond their own prejudices.

I see many African guys sitting at tables on those beer booths (cheek by jowl with the sweating, balding, corpulent Brits, Aussies and Yanks I might add) talking to Thai sex workers. A lot of them are trying to get laid just like whitey but peasant-minded oafs like a few posting in this thread automatically assume they're selling drugs not because they're Nigerian but - let's be honest - because they're black.

If I were to do the same, I'd swerve and be suspicious every fat, sweaty white guy for fear of being thought to associate with someone who fits the classic stereotype of a paedophile.

I wonder how the fatter, more follically-challenged and sweatier white guys who share the bigoted views on this thread feel about being looked at - often by their own peers - as possible kiddie-fiddlers.

Depends on the ability of those describing their feelings to avoid filling in the blanks with stereotypes and to look beyond their own prejudices.

I see many African guys sitting at tables on those beer booths (cheek by jowl with the sweating, balding, corpulent Brits, Aussies and Yanks I might add) talking to Thai sex workers. A lot of them are trying to get laid just like whitey but peasant-minded oafs like a few posting in this thread automatically assume they're selling drugs not because they're Nigerian but - let's be honest - because they're black.

If I were to do the same, I'd swerve and be suspicious every fat, sweaty white guy for fear of being thought to associate with someone who fits the classic stereotype of a paedophile.

I wonder how the fatter, more follically-challenged and sweatier white guys who share the bigoted views on this thread feel about being looked at - often by their own peers - as possible kiddie-fiddlers.

So are you in turn assuming every Thai woman in Lower Suk is a 'sex worker' and every corpulent, bald Westerner in the same locale is a whoremonger?

And you are calling others "bigots"?

• Like 1

So are you in turn assuming every Thai woman in Lower Suk is a 'sex worker' and every corpulent, bald Westerner in the same locale is a whoremonger?

And you are calling others "bigots"?

I most certainly do not assume that every Thai woman in Lower Sukhumvit of an evening is a sex worker but I do know an obvious one when I see one being groped whilst perched on a man's lap.

As far as every corpulent, balding Westerner being a whoremonger is concerned, I did very clearly write "If I were to do the same" as in allow stereotypes and prejudice to skew my perceptions.

Nothing could be more further from the truth. I have been offered drugs walking down soi 3. I have watched a knife fight on soi 11 both by Nigerians. I could care less about race but I will say that the Nigerians who seem to end up down around the odd numbered soi's 3 - 11 in the late night seem to be the ones the TS was talking about. Now I find it very interesting how some people here think its the aparthide all over again. Odd thread made about SOI 3 turns into a racial debate. I would laugh at the mention of someone calling me a kiddie fiddler as tehre is no form of lower life on the planet. But I don't know how that has jumped into the topic prehaps a freudian slip?

Nothing could be more further from the truth. I have been offered drugs walking down soi 3. I have watched a knife fight on soi 11 both by Nigerians. I could care less about race but I will say that the Nigerians who seem to end up down around the odd numbered soi's 3 - 11 in the late night seem to be the ones the TS was talking about. Now I find it very interesting how some people here think its the aparthide all over again. Odd thread made about SOI 3 turns into a racial debate. I would laugh at the mention of someone calling me a kiddie fiddler as tehre is no form of lower life on the planet. But I don't know how that has jumped into the topic prehaps a freudian slip?

Well the post is pretty self-explanatory. It highlights the role that stereotyping and personally-held prejudice clearly plays in some of the comments on this thread.

I too have been offered drugs by and witnessed violence between these Africans (how do you or anyone else know they're not from Kenya, DRC or Mozambique) but I don't assume that all African men on or in the vicinity of Lower Sukhumvit are violent drug dealers.

At least the Thais have an excuse for their ignorance of the world. What excuse do the bigots have?

You wrote: ' If I were to do the same, I'd swerve and be suspicious every fat, sweaty white guy for fear of being thought to associate with someone who fits the classic stereotype of a paedophile" which sounds rather bigoted towards fat, sweaty white men to me...

<deleted>.

The sentence means that if, like you, I were to allow petty prejudice and stereotyping to colour my perceptions of people, I would avoid fat, sweaty, balding white Westerners.

But I'm not like you so I don't avoid them.

I really can't dumb it down any more than that, I'm afraid.

Very easily I asked. Always know what your sorroundings are. No one is shy to say it. I would not know about the bigots I am simpley replying to my expierences on soi 3 not throwing fake hints about kiddie diddlers and pedo's. When someone feels like the need to ask me if I want to but drugs I feel the need to ask where they are from. Odd but the times it happend the answer was the same. /shrug maybe I should but a lottery ticket it seems I am the only one who has been asked by a Nigerian in BKK

Very easily I asked. Always know what your sorroundings are. No one is shy to say it. I would not know about the bigots I am simpley replying to my expierences on soi 3 not throwing fake hints about kiddie diddlers and pedo's. When someone feels like the need to ask me if I want to but drugs I feel the need to ask where they are from. Odd but the times it happend the answer was the same. /shrug maybe I should but a lottery ticket it seems I am the only one who has been asked by a Nigerian in BKK

Strange. When someone asks me if I want to buy drugs, I feel the need to simply say "No", not ask him/her where she's from.

• Like 1

Strange. When someone asks me if I want to buy drugs, I feel the need to simply say "No", not ask him/her where she's from.

Not strange at all. Learn who does what. Get your information your self rather than 2nd hand from others.

IF You look like a dope Fiend, you will be offered dope at every street corner.

sloppily dressed, blue hair color, nose earrings, tattooed eyelids, or just looking like a loser.

so posters who are often approached should look at themselves too.

Hmm were you not the one who made the comment about sterotypes? I have freinds who have tattoo shops and never done drugs in their life. Odd comment from someone who clearly is upset about other posters comments.

sloppily dressed, blue hair color, nose earrings, tattooed eyelids, or just looking like a loser.

Hmm were you not the one who made the comment about sterotypes? I have freinds who have tattoo shops and never done drugs in their life. Odd comment from someone who clearly is upset about other posters comments.

Tattooed eyelids? what sane adult would do that,

Either you work in a circus or you on something.

If was working street corners, nose rings and tat eyelids would always motivate me.

Edited by MegaRanter

Tattooed eyelids? what sane adult would do that,

Either you work in a circus or you on something.

If was working street corners, nose rings and tat eyelids would always motivate me.

Tattooed eyelids, cheeks, jawline & even the inside of his lip. Neither on something or a cicrus act. Fact is you are trying to defend the sterio typical thoughts of some people and then laying this down yourself seems to make any discussion from you a bit wattered down. Because someone likes body art you think they should be in a circus by your own words. I post about a Nigerian offering me drugs on soi 3 and I am trying to dump on people to feel better?

Hmm very interesting concepts

Shows how much you really know.
  • Like 1

What is this the 500th thread on this exact subject? Why not just dredge up one of those or were they all closed. A western union on the corner of a city street? My how unusual. they only have 75,000 branches around the world or is it 750,000

Yes, but very coincidental that it is sooooo close to all the nigerians that hand around there and spend a lot of time in internet shops offering fortunes around the world from various lucky well thought out schemes they have.

hahahaha. oh my lord, you didn't just say that, did you?

sublime

Edited by candypants
  • Like 1

IF You look like a dope Fiend, you will be offered dope at every street corner. sloppily dressed, blue hair color, nose earrings, tattooed eyelids, or just looking like a loser. so posters who are often approached should look at themselves too.hahahaha. oh my lord, you didn't just say that, did you?

Makes more sense than the guy who thinks there are no black undercover cops. Lolz.

So you have seen actual Africans you have positively identified as Nigerian citizens sitting in internet cafes writing messages you were able to read and confirm as frauds?

Or black guy sitting at computer = Nigerian scamster, de facto?

Odd above you make a suggestion that I buy drugs when you don't know me at all. Hmm I guess everyone a Nigerian on soi 3 offers drugs to buys then? Infact I work where drug tests are very common. No need for sly remarks I am simply staying on topic. And deffo not making suggestions or trying to make you look bad.