Nigerians And Soi 3

diddums

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the area and indeed most of the country are the often fat, past their prime, often rude and arrogant know-it-all, sloppy dressing, previously failed White Westerners who run prostitution houses, traffic drugs into the country, run illegal businesses, spread disease through the sex trade, sexually abuse minors, drink to excess and who were the original and still perpetuators of the very negative image Thais (and non-Thais around the world) have of White Westerners in Thailand. I see them nearly everywhere, looking down their noses at a poor people; poor people in a mostly poor country who by virtue of their lack of luck weren't so lucky to hit the birth lottery.

Another one for my idiot list.

If I were to see "nearly everywhere" people who run prostitution houses, traffic drugs and sexually abuse minors, I would be spending a lot of time informing the police.

The problem with the area and indeed most of the country are the often fat, past their prime, often rude and arrogant know-it-all, sloppy dressing, previously failed White Westerners who run prostitution houses, traffic drugs into the country, run illegal businesses, spread disease through the sex trade, sexually abuse minors, drink to excess and who were the original and still perpetuators of the very negative image Thais (and non-Thais around the world) have of White Westerners in Thailand. I see them nearly everywhere, looking down their noses at a poor people; poor people in a mostly poor country who by virtue of their lack of luck weren't so lucky to hit the birth lottery.

Another one for my idiot list.

If I were to see "nearly everywhere" people who run prostitution houses, traffic drugs and sexually abuse minors, I would be spending a lot of time informing the police.

Just go to SOI 3

• Like 1

As annoying and unsighty as these African drug dealers on the stretch from soi 3 down to soi 13 are, the fact of the matter is that their presence is tolerated by the police to whom they pay "insurance".

The dealers wouldn't pay insurance if the profits from their trade were meagre.

Their trade is brisk because lots of Western tourists want to buy drugs but don't have the dial-a-fix connections that, say, an expat would have.

From what I'm told, Thai users tend to buy from Thai dealers who simply deliver the goods to the customer's door.

Wouldnt budge on the rock...haha, good joke!

What type of rocks are they?

Blue ones

Reminds me of an ex gf story.

She said she saw a car that i would love! exactly what i liked. It was perfect for me.

I asked her what kind was it.

she said "it was blue" whistling.gif

Very fun woman. but we weren't meant to be together for too long. :(

See, it happens in the US just as it happens here in TL.

As annoying and unsighty as these African drug dealers on the stretch from soi 3 down to soi 13 are, the fact of the matter is that their presence is tolerated by the police to whom they pay "insurance".

The dealers wouldn't pay insurance if the profits from their trade were meagre.

Their trade is brisk because lots of Western tourists want to buy drugs but don't have the dial-a-fix connections that, say, an expat would have.

From what I'm told, Thai users tend to buy from Thai dealers who simply deliver the goods to the customer's door.

Say it ain't so. You mean WHITE people are buying these drugs? Tell me it ain't true.

• Like 1

I've struck up conversations with these "Nigerian drug dealers and pimps" a few times at the lunch counter at Foodland.

Turns out not a single one of them was from Nigeria. They were from Mali, Senegal, and Ghana.

Are you sure you guys can tell who is Nigerian and who is not? Or are all Africans "Nigerian" to you?

Also, each claimed to be here buying clothing at Bobae and Pratunam to take back home to sell -- and spoke about details of their business that led me to believe they were telling the truth.

Seems that there is more than a little racism at play here when all the dark denizens are classified as Nigerian pimps, drug dealers, and con artists.

• Like 1

Are you of african persuasion by chance ?

What difference does it make if he is of African persuasion or not, He is just stating the obvious, just like you think you did with your post.

How predictable the pc comments.

'How do you know that african gentleman is selling drugs?'.

Uhm, because that's what black gentlemen like him do in every corner of the earth from Roppongi to Oslo.

Keep living in your little bubble.

I've struck up conversations with these "Nigerian drug dealers and pimps" a few times at the lunch counter at Foodland.

Turns out not a single one of them was from Nigeria. They were from Mali, Senegal, and Ghana.

Are you sure you guys can tell who is Nigerian and who is not? Or are all Africans "Nigerian" to you?

Also, each claimed to be here buying clothing at Bobae and Pratunam to take back home to sell -- and spoke about details of their business that led me to believe they were telling the truth.

Seems that there is more than a little racism at play here when all the dark denizens are classified as Nigerian pimps, drug dealers, and con artists.

If you've never had one of the West Africans hanging around Soi Arab try to sell you drugs, consider yourself very lucky. Personally, I dont care which of the banana republics they are from - none of the countries you list is what I would consider 'politically stable' - they are clearly thrilled with the fact that their collective appearance along that strip of Suk causes fear and loathing. On the racism call - guilty your honor : much happier to see South Africans in Oz than anyone from West Africa, regardless of color. I also want to swap our white trash for more educated folk from SE Asia, but sadly it isnt going to happen.

• Like 1

I think you're the one who's been sold a pup laddie...

You think you know it all too....LOL....

Uhm, because that's what black gentlemen like him do in every corner of the earth from Roppongi to Oslo.

So all Africans sell drugs, right?

Well, in that area, I'd say it's either drugs or fanny they're selling. I've not met many African Diplomats there; especially late at night saying "hey, how are you my brudder, you need sometink"?....

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 1

Going to go out on a limb and say you have never walked down soi 3 after 2am have you?

Going to go out on a limb and say you have never walked down soi 3 after 2am have you?

Do all Africans live on soi 3? It must be pretty crowded.

Do all Africans live on soi 3? It must be pretty crowded.

Very Crowded. Have you not been there?

Sure I have and sure, I've been offered drugs but I'm not stupid enough to believe that every African I see is a drug dealer.

Are you?

Sure I have and sure, I've been offered drugs but I'm not stupid enough to believe that every African I see is a drug dealer.

Are you?

Hmm yo uknow looking at all my posts here I don't see anywhere that I say they do. Infact I know they are not. Now as this Thread is about soi 3 I think its safe to say a large majority there do. Why you your self even admit to being offered drugs there. So why on earth would you think I would think all Africans sell drugs on a thread about soi 3? Seems you might be jumping th gun so to speak then hey?

Apparently more than one person here is.

Personally, I don't find the denizens if Soi 3 any more or less seedy than the denizens of Soi 4.

How so? I have in my time in Bangkok never been offered illegal substances on soi 4. Inface other than a occasional drunk guy its quit a lively spot to sit and drink and people watch.

Hmm yo uknow looking at all my posts here I don't see anywhere that I say they do. Infact I know they are not. Now as this Thread is about soi 3 I think its safe to say a large majority there do. Why you your self even admit to being offered drugs there. So why on earth would you think I would think all Africans sell drugs on a thread about soi 3? Seems you might be jumping th gun so to speak then hey?

I've been down soi 3 enough times over the years to know that while there are definitely some Africans selling drugs there, most are not. Like Arabs, Koreans, Japanese and other nationaiities away from home, they tend to form communities with people from their homelands and while there will inevitably be a number of individuals within those communities whose behaviour is offensive to our sensibilities, does that mean they're all at it?

I've seen a lot of well-dressed African men walking down soi 3 with their wives and children during the day in much the same way that I've seen a lot of white men in suits on the BTS.

At night, I've seen untold numbers of fat, unkempt, drunken old Brits and Yanks trying to slip a hand inside a young hooker's pants whilst sat at one of those beer booths that line the street from soi 3 down to Asoke. Should I assume that all Brits and Yanks are lascivious, lecherous scumballs or should I use my common sense and realise that they only make up a small proportion of Brits and Yanks in Thailand?

If people are going to judge an entire nationality based on what they see at night in Lower Sukhumvit then, as a Brit myself, shouldn't I be lumped in with the rest of my typically drunken, yobbish countrymen?

• Like 1

Funny, the only time someone has tried to sell me drugs was when I went to a concert at impact arena. He was a white brit. All white brits then hanging out at impact arena then must be drug dealers then. It isn't as if they've got anything else to do.

• Like 2

I just saw a whole family of Africans -- baby to granny -- dining in Soi 3. I wonder which one will offer me a better deal on ten grams of coke: granny, papa, or junior?

Don't you know they hide the drugs in the baby's nappy? THEY ALL DO THAT.

I've been down soi 3 enough times over the years to know that while there are definitely some Africans selling drugs there, most are not. Like Arabs, Koreans, Japanese and other nationaiities away from home, they tend to form communities with people from their homelands and while there will inevitably be a number of individuals within those communities whose behaviour is offensive to our sensibilities, does that mean they're all at it?

I've seen a lot of well-dressed African men walking down soi 3 with their wives and children during the day in much the same way that I've seen a lot of white men in suits on the BTS.

At night, I've seen untold numbers of fat, unkempt, drunken old Brits and Yanks trying to slip a hand inside a young hooker's pants whilst sat at one of those beer booths that line the street from soi 3 down to Asoke. Should I assume that all Brits and Yanks are lascivious, lecherous scumballs or should I use my common sense and realise that they only make up a small proportion of Brits and Yanks in Thailand?

If people are going to judge an entire nationality based on what they see at night in Lower Sukhumvit then, as a Brit myself, shouldn't I be lumped in with the rest of my typically drunken, yobbish countrymen?

I would say that on soi 3 proper, most Africans are not drug dealers.

once you start heading down towards 13, the chances of the individual you encounter being a dealer or a pimp increases exponentially with the lateness of the hour.

• Like 1