Where Is The Best Place To Advertise For Thai Staff?

Charger770

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm wondering which website forum mebers have found to be the best for seeking Thai Staff?

I'm not keen on advertising in the big English papers, and wonder if the Thais really ready them or English websites.

Anyway I'm seeking bar, waiter/waitress, and assistant chef!

We are a new, modern, funky Bar and Restaurant in Patong looking for staff. You Must be able to communicate, and some experience is an advantage, but not essential for the right people. Good pay, good conditions, good working environment. Applicants must be Motivated, Reliable, Outgoing. Message me for an interview.

So if anyone knows somebody etc etc... :)

When I had a business in Phuket I found the only way to get semi reliable staff was to employ my friends girlfriends or friends of my girlfriend and as I said this method is only semi reliable as they tend to take the p-ss being as they know you.

I found employing younger girls the worst as they soon find out they can earn much more by lying on their backs.

So good luck.Try the classified on here and the Phuket News (also free ) and baht and sold you might get a farang who knows someone looking for work

Patong, bar, restaurant, staff.

Mix it all together and what do you get?

Lighter pockets.

Irrelevant, if you can't answer the OP's question just stay out.

OP, you might also put up a sign saying in Thai "staff needed". And I hope you will belong to the successful minority, good luck.

Lighter pockets.

OP, you might also put up a sign saying in Thai "staff needed". And I hope you will belong to the successful minority, good luck.

LOL! Why should he "stay out?" He's correct!

Lighter pockets.

Bitter in khao lak. More likely than you think.

The Quote function doesn't seem to work properly today. Confusing, you cant see who has said what.

Hans, you said "Bitter in khao lak. More likely than you think." Was bitter a typo, should it have been better? But either way I wouldn't understand, please enlighten me.

Edited by keestha

The Quote function doesn't seem to work properly today. Confusing, you cant see who has said what.

Hans, you said "Bitter in khao lak. More likely than you think." Was bitter a typo, should it have been better? But either way I wouldn't understand, please enlighten me.

Yes, TV made some improvements, and now nothing works

• Like 2

Don't like it if in this type of thread, where somebody who wants to start a bar/restaurant asks a technical question, people chip in with comments like: " If I may ask, how long have you known this Thai woman you want to start a restaurant with? Take this piece of advice from an old Thailand hand my friend, yack yack yack"

Maybe answer the guy's question if you can, but don't patronize him, refrain from advice he didn't ask for.

Don't like it if in this type of thread, where somebody who wants to start a bar/restaurant asks a technical question, people chip in with comments like: " If I may ask, how long have you known this Thai woman you want to start a restaurant with? Take this piece of advice from an old Thailand hand my friend, yack yack yack"

Maybe answer the guy's question if you can, but don't patronize him, refrain from advice he didn't ask for.

Yet you had time to hijack the thread and make it about you. Good work.

I was an owner of a quite famous restaurant in Phuket. You won't find good staff by advertising in jobtopgun or other such sites for hospitality staff in Phuket. You will have to use offline social methods, and even then you will be greatly disappointed.

That is a tough business, and staff will come and go as they please, even after offering them extensive training and the best conditions.

Best of luck.

Ladies from the Philippines make great matre Ds and meeters and greeters but keep them at arms length. They can be a bit full on with the romance thing. Best thing is to have the Thais working the bar. A couple of Burmese in the back washing dishes and cooking. And a Filipina for marketing and talking with the punters. Watch who you let near the till. Get a good POS system also