Thai Police Issues Gun To Labrador

webfact

Guaranteed to take a bite out of crime biggrin.png

On a more serious note, this cannot end well in practice.

What possible use is this?

If i was being attacked by the dog,

I'd let the dog bite my arm, the I'd grab the gun.

I'll need stiches from the dog bite, but i now have a 9mm.

as a previous poster said, I dont know if i should laugh, cry, or whatever

what if the dog draws the gun first and then bites you? huh.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.jpg

You know, the police officer is wearing "blind guy" sunglasses, so maybe he's blind, and that's his guidedog. Then it makes perfect sense that the blind police officer keeps his gun on his guidedog.

Shame on us for making fun of the disabled.

Yes I agree, it could be that the officers who are blind, deaf and

dumb might not be so good with weapons (and other tasks such as arresting people) so this is a very good start. I

personally think they should commission many more blind cops, it

should be an equal opportunity career. "Of course they are already hiring retards so this will only be a slight change in direction".

This will be a detection dog and not a dog for apprehending criminals,labs are not used for biting.

It is probably just a joke ,dog with a gun for the photo.

The TV intelligensia tend to miss the point of anything not painfully literal quite often. If it appears in print, it must be 100% true (unless it's something negative about any farang in which case it's automatically 100% false).

Every year on April 1, TV posts some absurd story and all the farang fish members keep biting at the bait. The more absurd the more fish caught.

• Like 1

Well, I pawed (sic) over the Sun article but could not find any information as to where this dog is stationed.

I'm guessing that the K-9 Officer will be heading up a pack to rid the local moo-baans of the dog gangs which are terrorising walking foreigners (as has been reported on Thaivisa).

Perhaps they didn't reveal where he's stationed because he's undercover.

Is this for real? If the sun is now taking the piss out of Thailand's finest then their reputation for incompetence and corruption truly has spread far and wide. If on the other hand this story is true then the LOS really has gone to the dogs.

The Sun will probably get a letter of complaint from the Culture Minister for bringing the Thai police into disrepute.

Well hopefully this dog will not get drunk in bars like the regular police and start shooting people...... :-)

Judging from a basic Google search, that seems to be more of a Texas thing:

In the Feb. 19 shooting, the complaint states, "Officer Coronado gunned down 28-year-old Omar Ventura at Sherlocks in the River Oaks area. Omar was unarmed and sober. Officer Coronado shot Omar in the stomach causing Omar to 'bleed out' and eventually die after two surgeries at the hospital. While Omar was bleeding to death in the ambulance and undergoing surgeries in an attempt to save his life, other City of Houston Police Officers ... yanked his wife Rosa - who was not involved - from the back of the ambulance, keeping her from joining her husband for his final few precious minutes of life. The last words she heard from her husband as he lay in the parking lot bleeding and waiting for the ambulance to arrive were 'It hurts. Everything is going dark.'

Or a British Naval undertaking:

Police investigating a naval rating shooting dead an officer on board a submarine were so alarmed by the crew's binge drinking that the chief constable was informed and he then contacted military authorities, an inquest has heard.

Detective Superintendent Tony Harris interviewed the crew aboard HMS Astute following the shooting of Lieutenant Commander Ian Molyneux by Able Seaman Ryan Donovan, who was 76% above the drink-drive limit.

Edited by Suradit69

This will be a detection dog and not a dog for apprehending criminals,labs are not used for biting.

The TV intelligensia tend to miss the point of anything not painfully literal quite often. If it appears in print, it must be 100% true (unless it's something negative about any farang in which case it's automatically 100% false).

Every year on April 1, TV posts some absurd story and all the farang fish members keep biting at the bait. The more absurd the more fish caught.

The April fools jokes each year are more of a testament to

the amazement powers of Thailand. When completely absurd

stories are posted all year long here, sometimes it can be hard to detect the ringer stories except for when they fall

on April 1st........ I will assume the Thai police are

taking the piss out of people by posting a picture of a

dog with a gun, but I would not bet my life on it... :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Well hopefully this dog will not get drunk in bars like the regular police and start shooting people...... :-)

In the Feb. 19 shooting, the complaint states, "Officer Coronado gunned down 28-year-old Omar Ventura at Sherlocks in the River Oaks area. Omar was unarmed and sober. Officer Coronado shot Omar in the stomach causing Omar to 'bleed out' and eventually die after two surgeries at the hospital. While Omar was bleeding to death in the ambulance and undergoing surgeries in an attempt to save his life, other City of Houston Police Officers ... yanked his wife Rosa - who was not involved - from the back of the ambulance, keeping her from joining her husband for his final few precious minutes of life. The last words she heard from her husband as he lay in the parking lot bleeding and waiting for the ambulance to arrive were 'It hurts. Everything is going dark.'

Thus the saying "don't mess with Texas".

Or a British Naval undertaking:

Police investigating a naval rating shooting dead an officer on board a submarine were so alarmed by the crew's binge drinking that the chief constable was informed and he then contacted military authorities, an inquest has heard.

Detective Superintendent Tony Harris interviewed the crew aboard HMS Astute following the shooting of Lieutenant Commander Ian Molyneux by Able Seaman Ryan Donovan, who was 76% above the drink-drive limit.

That is your best defense using google?? Ok I am back in my chair after falling off it laughing .... :-) No mention in your first google story about the officer being drunk, and the relevance of drinking seamen completely escapes me..

Last week on Walking Street a Thai policeman was arrested

for waving his gun around, and then he was arrested. This lovely episode was just after the Pattaya police declared Walking Street to be a tourist safety zone.....

Story from Pattaya103.com

" And it was here, at the Rock music Venue, in the early hours of Sunday morning that Authorities found an off duty Policeman who, after not being able to find a woman willing to dance with him, took to dancing with his Firearm.

In a bar which is always well patronized by music lovers and others, the man stood out from the crowd as he staggered around near the stage clutching his weapon until, much to the relief of all around, he was relieved of his pistol and taken away by Volunteer and Thai Police who closely monitor the strip and were called in by the Bar owners."

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I think all the cops here should not be allowed to carry guns , this idea they come up with is that BIB needs a dog to carry the gun for them.

The dog knows what to do .... he will run away

Edited by balo

Why pick on April 1st?

monkeygun_zps7de8e444.jpg

"OK it's embarrassing, going on patrol together, but he carries the peanuts for me, leaving me to deal with the 'naughty-monkeys' !"

"Punk-haircut by James of Chiang Mai Zoo !"

"Who Loves Ya, Baby ? Now Gimme the Lollipop ! Or the Human Gets It !" rolleyes.gif

"Make My Day, Human Punk !" laugh.png

"200 Baht in Cash ? That Will Do Nicely !" smile.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

monkeygun_zps7de8e444.jpg

"Yes, that's right, you might have seen me on 'Hawaii-Five-O', but I shot a couple of tourists dead, so they promoted me sideways to an inactive-post, in Thailand !" rolleyes.gif

"My best mate is a prison-guard, in the 'monkey-house' !" smile.png

"Would you like my autograph ? I can do his one too ... it's a two-for-one special-offer !" laugh.png

"I wanted to drive too, but the b**stads wouldn't let me, said I was too erratic, even for Traffic-Police, the nerve of it !" whistling.gif

• Like 1