Bus Service Now Available Directly From Bangkok To Cambodia

Bus service now available directly from Bangkok to Cambodia

By Coconuts Bangkok

phnompenh.jpg

BANGKOK: -- For the first time, air-conditioned bus rides are available directly from Bangkok to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, Cambodia.

This Thursday, the first buses left Mo Chit station in Bangkok, bound for their Cambodian destinations.

Transport Co., the state-owned company running the buses, is offering daily service to Phnom Pen. The Phnom Penh bus will leave Bangkok each morning at 8:15am and make the return journey from Cambodia at 7am of the following day. Fare is THB900 for the 11-hour trip.

Trips to Siem Reap are a bit cheaper, at THB750 apiece, and they depart from Bangkok each morning at 9am, with return service departing Siem Reap at 8am the following day.

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...ok-to-cambodia/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-02-21

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Cambodia and Thailand drive on different sides of the road, the bus is going to have wheel on the wrong side for part of the journey (probably the Camb segment) which is something of a safety issue....

Would not be surprised to see vehicle changes at the border/

• Like 1

If two traveling its cheaper and a better trip t take the train up to Aran ( 48 baht, thai's free) and share a taxi to SR for $35

As the bus will most likely ONLY have farangs it will be a head ache getting thru immigration on the Cambodian side

Poi Pet is $20 for visa and 100 baht for ticket to buy visa on arrival

Since Cambodia and Thailand drive on different sides of the road, the bus is going to have wheel on the wrong side for part of the journey (probably the Camb segment) which is something of a safety issue....

Well... under EU regulation UK citizens can drive in around rest of the Europe with out any problems as long as they have international insurance of course...

If two traveling its cheaper and a better trip t take the train up to Aran ( 48 baht, thai's free) and share a taxi to SR for $35

As the bus will most likely ONLY have farangs it will be a head ache getting thru immigration on the Cambodian side

Sorry but I go thru this crossing 8 or 9 times a year since 2001. For sometime now the Thai side has been the problem (getting into Thailand) The Cambodian side is only problematic when leaving if you arrive there with all the early morning buses from Siem Reap, otherwise I have rarely waited more than 2 or 3 minutes. On the Thai side however they have recently taken to slowing the lines more than ever so they can offer an express service (gets you a little closer to the front of the q) for 300-500 baht

A bus trip Bangkok - Siam Rep - Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) exist since 2 years; I mean I toke it first time 2 years ago in the opposite side. In Saigon the start is in District 1 close Bui Vien the Backpaper and Tourist area.

Price 609'000 VND = ca. 860 THB from Pnom Phen must be ca. 210'000 VND cheaper = ca. 565 THB

I not remember well where is the final destination in Bangkok because I left the Bus earlier close Suvarnabhumi.

post-98550-0-22141500-1361514081_thumb.j

• Like 1

Sorry but I go thru this crossing 8 or 9 times a year since 2001. For sometime now the Thai side has been the problem (getting into Thailand) The Cambodian side is only problematic when leaving if you arrive there with all the early morning buses from Siem Reap, otherwise I have rarely waited more than 2 or 3 minutes. On the Thai side however they have recently taken to slowing the lines more than ever so they can offer an express service (gets you a little closer to the front of the q) for 300-500 baht

it depends on the amount of people the time involved I have seen

On a side note.My Cambodian GF an i went thru thai immigration last Sept at Poi Pet. we got in the same line BUT they told her to move to a Cambodian ONLY lane. took her over 45 minutes to get thru, they were interrogating every Cambodian why they were traveling to Thailand, how long, how much money etc etc.

really pissed me off

I think everyone will have to leave the bus and walk through customs and immigration themselves, to board another bus at the other side of the border. But that is all speculation on my part.

I see another under the counter revenue scheme, have to wait and miss the bus, or slip a bungsad.png

Edited by Basil B

Well... under EU regulation UK citizens can drive in around rest of the Europe with out any problems as long as they have international insurance of course...

When Ireland joined the EU it was suggested that they move from driving on the left to the right to conform with most of the union but this was thought to be too much of a culture shock for the Irish people.

So they reconsidered and planned to introduce it gradually instead.......

Yes i remember, Trucks and busses only for first six months.

If you are concerned about off-side drivers, do not go to Burma as all buses there operate in that fashion.

• Like 1

I wonder how they solve the issue with the Cambodian Visa on arrival.

A flat rate for each passenger or each person have to negotiate by themselves with the Officials?

You don't need a Cambodian Visa if you have a Thai visa

Do you mean that i with Non O-A Visa, dont need a visa for going to Cambodia? Than I always payed my 20 USD for nothing.

I wonder how they solve the issue with the Cambodian Visa on arrival.

A flat rate for each passenger or each person have to negotiate by themselves with the Officials?

You don't need a Cambodian Visa if you have a Thai visa

Where did you get this from?

If this were true how come I have to get a Cambodian visa every time I do a border run, despite having a valid non 'O' Thai visa. And I'm crossing the border a day or two before my 90 day Thai entry stamp expires (so that's still valid as well)?

I think this bus will be great is going to Cambodia as a tourist, not for Visa runs because it goes into more central Cambodia, & who wants to make a round trip the very next day thats nothing nobody would enjoy.. Visa runs which cost more in comfort are a better option..

Buy a ticket but then you over night so add that cost and it is still cheaper to do visa runs from Soi 12 for 2,500 THB.