Rain Coming, Finally

stevehaigh

Even a couple days out WG is usually inaccurate.

Yes, WG is usually accurate for the next day, and more or less for 2 days in advance. So they're a lot better than any other site, never seen a reliable forecast even for the next day there.

But more than 2 days: no site, including Windguru, has any reliability.

I guess there should be different rain predictions for different parts of the island.

Sometimes the rains come to the east coast, but not reach to the west like noted in the few past weeks.

One strong, but small sized storm coming towards Ao Por at the moment (looking at the rain radar). Outside the sky is getting darker and thunder sounds coming from distance.

Edited by Guest

The rain already started. Temperature dropped already from 29.8 to 26.1C. Cool.

Now already 23.3C. Pretty heavy rain.

The downside of this is.. Electricity went down.

Edited by Guest

Good that the whole island got at least some rain. Freshens the air.

We have still a bit of rain, but slowing down at the moment.

Shot: What is FIL?

Good that the whole island got at least some rain. Freshens the air.

We have still a bit of rain, but slowing down at the moment.

Shot: What is FIL?

I would guess - Father in Law

Yes. Father in Law. Still raining in Kamala

Yip rain in Rawai, my Soi, good for the garden. Yppeeh 3 times rain in 5 days time and only in the evening !

I guess you live fairly close to me. I've had rain three times as well. The other night I got 1 CM. The night before that, my rain gauge fell over, so not sure how much I got.But much better than putting on the sprinkler.And yes Olinki, it is much cooler! 25.4C with 77% humidity.

Yip rain in Rawai, my Soi, good for the garden. Yppeeh 3 times rain in 5 days time and only in the evening !

I guess you live fairly close to me. I've had rain three times as well. The other night I got 1 CM. The night before that, my rain gauge fell over, so not sure how much I got.But much better than putting on the sprinkler.And yes Olinki, it is much cooler! 25.4C with 77% humidity.

You only live about 500 metres from us and we have only had one light shower so far this month

You only live about 500 metres from us and we have only had one light shower so far this month
Sorry! I guess we are blessed! But maybe more like one kilometer apart. You know how it is round here, it could be raining on beach road, but not at my house.

Sorry! I guess we are blessed! But maybe more like one kilometer apart. You know how it is round here, it could be raining on beach road, but not at my house.

They have advertised the new houses next to us that they cannot sell as being half a kilometre from the beach front

You are probably right, 1 KLM by road