The Deep Roots Of Thailand's Southern Insurgency - Facts

webfact

I was responding to the statement "will not allow Islam to peacefully coexist with any other religion". This contradicts the Koran and acknowledgement and acceptance of People of the Book. I pointed to some facts and got the usual non answer. Islamic extremists have willfully ignored this aspect of the Koran and the command in the Koran not to kill other followers of Islam. As per usual human beings follow their own agenda.

You seem to like to pick up on the stupidity of some followers of Islam. A couple of examples of the stupidity of extremists of another faith

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/extremists-vandalise-old-muslim-cemetery-in-jerusalem-.aspx?pageID=238&nid=41134

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/02/07/10339856-death-to-christians-suspected-jewish-extremists-deface-monastery?lite

I need no convincing of the stupidity of the followers of any faith TYVM. As for the example I provided, their defence was that they were following sharia law.

Your claim that the koran says that muslims should not kill other muslims of "followers of the book" seems pretty weak given the number of inter- and extra-faith attacks perpetrated by muslims daily. As for us who reject their idiotic beliefs, I doubt killing us would be given a second thought, being obviously "god's work".

Today, this is the religion of violence, intimidation and coercion - against followers as much as "unbelievers".

It's not a "claim", from the Koran just one example of many: Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in God and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

You are stepping into dangerous territory quoting the koran my friend. Better quit while you are ahead.

um.. who is doing most of the killing? I wonder who? Maybe the drones.

The extremist muslims are dangerous. I think these men would be dangerous even if they had no faith. I wonder what makes them dangerous. I wonder why I get upset sometimes in the land of smiles ..when everything is sabai sabai

I wonder what makes these people extremists. Were they always like this, I think not. Something must have made them into terrorists. Is it climate change, American planes flying over their land and bombing them, foreign soldiers invading their lands and killing them, bad TV reception, no Chinese takeaway open in their area, their livelihoods being destroyed ..

Koran instructions will not allow Islam to peacefully coexist with any other religion. And when other religions are eliminated, Islamist fight among themselves over who is the most genuine of Muslims [and therefore should be boss].

If you are an American or Australian, you are a fine one to give us an example. What happened to the locals that lived in the territories that you invaded and took over? You would make us believe they are coexisting peacefully after decades of genocide and humiliations committed against them.

Yes, you have a point though that the Arabs do like to massacre each other at the slightest chance they get. Just leave them to it.

Do you come from some unusual place that has never had an invasion or mass immigration, or do you have a myopic view of history that can only see the last few hundred years? History tells us that cultures merge over time to the benefit of both, old differences being forgotten and racial lines blurred out of existence.

I have 2 aboriginal grandchildren, both blonde (naturally). The UK seems to have largely forgotten they were invaded by the Normans (1066 and all that) and get along quite well with their Germanic royalty (Windsor aka Saxa-Coburg-Gotha).

The quick fix is to negotiate and give them autonomy, the thai did steal the place just as they stole huge swaythes of cambodia.

Battambang and siem riep were only given back post ww2 as war reparations.

Verry true,give the stolen "kingdom" back.

Let the people live their life as they want ,get the thai -invaders out of the stolen provinces !

Agreed. The only solution that will work into the future is the return of the native land to Malasia.

Koran instructions will not allow Islam to peacefully coexist with any other religion. And when other religions are eliminated, Islamist fight among themselves over who is the most genuine of Muslims [and therefore should be boss].

If you are an American or Australian, you are a fine one to give us an example. What happened to the locals that lived in the territories that you invaded and took over? You would make us believe they are coexisting peacefully after decades of genocide and humiliations committed against them.

Yes, you have a point though that the Arabs do like to massacre each other at the slightest chance they get. Just leave them to it.

Do you come from some unusual place that has never had an invasion or mass immigration, or do you have a myopic view of history that can only see the last few hundred years? History tells us that cultures merge over time to the benefit of both, old differences being forgotten and racial lines blurred out of existence.

I have 2 aboriginal grandchildren, both blonde (naturally). The UK seems to have largely forgotten they were invaded by the Normans (1066 and all that) and get along quite well with their Germanic royalty (Windsor aka Saxa-Coburg-Gotha).

Well Mick I guess we have to put up with the "genocide" huggers. Kinda like we have to put up with the Al Gore tree hugger bunch.

To reinforce your post take a look at the modern day Japan. The US devastated them on August 6, 1945. We assisted in rebuilding their country and now we are allies. How about the American revolution against Great Britian. My ancestors are from the UK. And the Mexican-American war of 1812. Today the Mexican Americans are over 11% of the population of the US. And so on.

• Like 1

For non-English

Eric Arthur Blair (pen name George Orwell), 1946:
The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. Hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. This new version is the past and no different past can ever have existed. In principle the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or East Asia, but to keep the very structure of society intact.

• Like 1

Cultures would merge over time. That is only natural and this has happened a great deal. But not at all in USA, Australia or Canada (less than 1% does not count!!). Simply because most of the locals were wiped out and the remaining few put in concentration camps and fed liquor and drugs.

I can only surmise that you have never been to Australia.

"The war is not meant to be won,

it is meant to be continuous.

Hierarchical society is only possible

on the basis of poverty and ignorance."

evil thoughts. CIA operative policy I presume

It's an Orwell quote. I think he lifted it from my sig.

Anyone that thinks that a simple signing of an agreement will bring this to an end so quickly, would be foolish.

This will fester for ages.....radicalised groups do not understand peace.....

Any religion that fosters warfare rather than peace is bound to have people willing to carry it out.

There will be no peace in the south until Islam changes to a peace loving religion.

A friend told me today that he had heard Islam says Mohammed the founder of Islam rode up to heaven on a winged horse.

That was new to me. I knew that Mohammed at one time worked for his wife. Hence a religion where women are second class citizens.

Anyone that thinks that a simple signing of an agreement will bring this to an end so quickly, would be foolish.

This will fester for ages.....radicalised groups do not understand peace.....

Any religion that fosters warfare rather than peace is bound to have people willing to carry it out.

There will be no peace in the south until Islam changes to a peace loving religion.

A friend told me today that he had heard Islam says Mohammed the founder of Islam rode up to heaven on a winged horse.

That was new to me. I knew that Mohammed at one time worked for his wife. Hence a religion where women are second class citizens.

There will be no peace in the Deep South until the Thai central government addresses the issue of political disenfranchisement for the Thai Malays in the Deep South. A political solution is the only way forward, but constrained by Buddhist nationalism under the banner of "Nation, King & Religion".

All religions have a mythology; Islamic mythology is irrelevant to the issue of the Deep South. Regards equality of women, this is promoted in the Koran, the interpretation of the Hadith and Quran by men has led to patriarchal structures and male dominated cultures. So it's not Islam that is the issue, it's male dominated societies exercising discrimination. I very much doubt you will bother to educate yourself, but the following sheds more light.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alayna-ahmad/are-muslim-women-really-s_b_2288337.html

Edited by simple1

Well they should do what the Indonesians are this minute doing to the Philippine Muslims that entered Borneo and terrorised people and killed the police in the local village. The Indonesian Army has sent their Army down to deal with the matter
and their Air force is already dealing with the matter as they are now cornered. Just read it in the other media.

If the peace talks don’t go well here in Thailand in the future, I think what is happening in Borneo will eventually happen here. I hope not for the poor people down south, that have already suffered enough and live in fear 24 hrs a day.

'sent the army' as our ozemade member suggests has been tried before and doesn't work.

Oh, to return to the times without facebook, youtube, CNN or even television. Remember the time when we could just sent a gunboat, shoot a few locals and thereby solve yet another problem?

• Like 1

'sent the army' as our ozemade member suggests has been tried before and doesn't work.

Oh, to return to the times without facebook, youtube, CNN or even television. Remember the time when we could just sent a gunboat, shoot a few locals and thereby solve yet another problem?

Have to sit back and see what the outcome is as this is happening now.

Well they should do what the Indonesians are this minute doing to the Philippine Muslims that entered Borneo and terrorised people and killed the police in the local village. The Indonesian Army has sent their Army down to deal with the matter

and their Air force is already dealing with the matter as they are now cornered. Just read it in the other media.

If the peace talks don’t go well here in Thailand in the future, I think what is happening in Borneo will eventually happen here. I hope not for the poor people down south, that have already suffered enough and live in fear 24 hrs a day.

Malaysian military as Sabah is Malaysian sovereign territory or have the Indonesians now become involved

Edited by simple1

Malaysian military as Sabah is Malaysian sovereign territory or have the Indonesians now become involved

Sorry my mistake, Malaysian troops were sent to Borneo.

To answer rubi, it's all over they were overwhelmed by the armed forces

Dont know if I am allowed to put this link in, TVM may remove it.

http://thestar.my/

Edited by OZEMADE

Sorry to reply like this, opera browser gives me some problems again.
Sending in the army with militants / terrorists part of the population bordering the area (both in Thailand and Malaysia) doesn't solve the main problem. It's been done again and again without any other effect than escalation the situation (again).

As and aside, the recent charges against Abhisit/Suthep show that sending in the army would also open PM Yingluck c.s. to similar charges. IMHO

"The war is not meant to be won,

it is meant to be continuous.

Hierarchical society is only possible

on the basis of poverty and ignorance."

evil thoughts. CIA operative policy I presume

NOT "evil thoughts." - Objective observation.