Can I Send Money Inside Thailand When I Not Have A Acount At The Branch?

You can wire money to yourself without having an account at a bank.

Have your bank in your home country wire the money to the bank of your choice with the branch you want and the swift code, and instruct the issuing bank to instruct the receiving bank to issue the money to you on presentation of your passport with the passport number. Once you receive the money in Thai baht you can send it off to wherever you want inside Thailand.

Its inside Thailand transfer for the moment!

About the eu transfer one question!

Is the exchange rate of That day valid I send the money out, or that day received on this bank?

Did every thai bank charge between 300 and 500 bath , receiving foreign currency or some not?

If I understand you correctly, you want to go into a Thai Bank (where you don't have an account) and send money to someone in another province who has an account with a Thai Bank ??

If so, yes that is possible without any problems, ask any bank clerk for the "Deposit Form" .

The cheapest would be Same Bank to Same Bank.

For example

Bangkok Bank (Pattaya) -> Bangkok Bank (Bangkok).

More expensive would be for example
Bangkok Bank (Pattaya) -> Siam Commercial Bank (Bangkok)

About the foreign currency transfer, the Exchange Rate is from the Day it arrives in Thailand, and the costs depends if you send the money with OUR (Sending account pays the fees) or SHARED (Fees are shared between the sending and the receiving account).

Example:

Transfer 5000 Euros from Europe (OUR) costs for sending is around 18 Euros and the Account in Thailand does not pay any costs.

Edited by MJCM

You don't even need a deposit form.

Just use one if those machines that allow you to deposit money into someone's account.

Depending upon the type of account there's sometimes a small fee like 20 baht which will be deducted meaning if you deposit 5thou the other party receives 4800.

Just use one if those machines that allow you to deposit money into someone's account.

Depending upon the type of account there's sometimes a small fee like 20 baht which will be deducted meaning if you deposit 5thou the other party receives 4800.

What happened to the other 180.....biggrin.png

Edited by topt

As said, you can send money to another person through the post office. You pay at your post office and the other person collects it at the specified post office.

Has been a while since I did it, but you have two options: specifying the person or you get a code which you give the other perosn with which to collect the money.

Its inside Thailand transfer for the moment! About the eu transfer one question! Is the exchange rate of That day valid I send the money out, or that day received on this bank? Did every thai bank charge between 300 and 500 bath , receiving foreign currency or some not?

Exchange rate will be from the sending day of your bank, if you send Thai Baht, it will be from the receiving day of the receivers day if you send Euro.

From my experience, Thai banks charge a fee of 150 to 500 Baht, depending on whether the receivers bank has a direct SWIFT code or whether their is a transfer from the main office to the local bank.

For inside Thailand transfer, to go the local branch of the receivers bank and deposit on the receivers account. Much cheaper than WU.

What happened to the other 180.....biggrin.png

Swiftkey must've swiped up my numbers.