Girlfriend Trying To Take My Passport/work Permit

Pineapplesamui

PineapplesamuiPosted Today, 12:39"She claimed that he was using them to give to the lady she had rented the motorbike from but I don't believe this story."Let us clarify that first, before the young woman, how young?,I think young when you are only 25 young, is accused of trying to pull off, a "serious capital crime"Do you know, that she had a problem to rent a Motorbike in her name?That she tried to do so?Did you know, that she would try to rent a Motorbike in your name?Would you have agreed to that possibility, she rents a motorbike and official you are the person that is responsible in the contract?If not its a possibility, that she tried it differently, also it would not be fair to you!Why you do not believe that easy version of events?It is possible but I had previously given her a photocopy of my passport with large writing across it saying for motorbike rental only in Thai and English.If she hadn't tried to run away when I asked for my passport back I probably would have believed her too.But she ran and that is what lead to me thinking she is guilty.Also some questions about age I am 25 and she is 22 so no great age difference just different ideas I thinkSent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa appPerhaps the GF run away because of fear of you?You admit to smashing her phone, which is a horrible thing to do and in my opinion is the act of someone with an unstable temper problem.Have you ever used violence, intimidation or aggression against her in the past? If not than I see no reason why she would run away from you, unless she was in fear as to your reactions when you caught up with her.

Nothing apart from a raised voice I'm afraid. we've had a couple of small fights before but never anything serious this kind of came out of the blue everything was all good I just came home to take her to lunch and caught her doing something she shouldn't have been doing. She new she's done the wrong thing but I think she ran because she is Thai after all and wanted to save face she wanted to do whatever she was trying to do and didn't want to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PineapplesamuiPosted Today, 12:39"She claimed that he was using them to give to the lady she had rented the motorbike from but I don't believe this story."Let us clarify that first, before the young woman, how young?,I think young when you are only 25 young, is accused of trying to pull off, a "serious capital crime"Do you know, that she had a problem to rent a Motorbike in her name?That she tried to do so?Did you know, that she would try to rent a Motorbike in your name?Would you have agreed to that possibility, she rents a motorbike and official you are the person that is responsible in the contract?If not its a possibility, that she tried it differently, also it would not be fair to you!Why you do not believe that easy version of events?It is possible but I had previously given her a photocopy of my passport with large writing across it saying for motorbike rental only in Thai and English.If she hadn't tried to run away when I asked for my passport back I probably would have believed her too.But she ran and that is what lead to me thinking she is guilty.Also some questions about age I am 25 and she is 22 so no great age difference just different ideas I thinkSent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa appPerhaps the GF run away because of fear of you?You admit to smashing her phone, which is a horrible thing to do and in my opinion is the act of someone with an unstable temper problem.Have you ever used violence, intimidation or aggression against her in the past? If not than I see no reason why she would run away from you, unless she was in fear as to your reactions when you caught up with her.

Nothing apart from a raised voice I'm afraid. we've had a couple of small fights before but never anything serious this kind of came out of the blue everything was all good I just came home to take her to lunch and caught her doing something she shouldn't have been doing. She new she's done the wrong thing but I think she ran because she is Thai after all and wanted to save face she wanted to do whatever she was trying to do and didn't want to lose.

(I think she ran because she is Thai after all).

What does that mean? That all Thais are devious and cannot be trusted? BS.

And what do you mean by a couple of small fights?

I have been married to my Thai wife for over 30 years and never during the whole period of our marriage have I ever lost my temper that resulted in destroying her personal property or coming close to physically assaulting her.

Sorry, but I`m not convinced and I think there is more involved here than you`re letting on, because none of your story makes any sense.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Hang on a sec. Just because you haven't been in a situation like the OP's doesn't mean it can't or doesn't happen. The guy's 25 and dealing with a 22 year old. You're far older with a far older wife. Your relationships are generations apart and it's daft to compare.

Stop being so bloody parochial

• Like 1

Pineapplesamui

Posted Today, 12:39

"She claimed that he was using them to give to the lady she had rented the motorbike from but I don't believe this story."

Let us clarify that first, before the young woman, how young?,

I think young when you are only 25 young, is accused of trying to pull off, a "serious capital crime"

Do you know, that she had a problem to rent a Motorbike in her name?

That she tried to do so?

Did you know, that she would try to rent a Motorbike in your name?

Would you have agreed to that possibility, she rents a motorbike and official you are the person that is responsible in the contract?

If not its a possibility, that she tried it differently, also it would not be fair to you!

Why you do not believe that easy version of events?

It is possible but I had previously given her a photocopy of my passport with large writing across it saying for motorbike rental only in Thai and English.

If she hadn't tried to run away when I asked for my passport back I probably would have believed her too.

But she ran and that is what lead to me thinking she is guilty.

Also some questions about age I am 25 and she is 22 so no great age difference just different ideas I think

Perhaps the GF run away because of fear of you?

You admit to smashing her phone, which is a horrible thing to do and in my opinion is the act of someone with an unstable temper problem.

Have you ever used violence, intimidation or aggression against her in the past? If not than I see no reason why she would run away from you, unless she was in fear as to your reactions when you caught up with her.

She was stealing his passport and work permit <deleted>!

Mate,you did the right thing,she's an absolute scumbag!Who knows what she had planned for your personal documentation but there is NO circumstance under which it would have been anything innocent,quite the opposite in fact!

I would have caught her,snatched my passport back,turned her around and given her the hardest boot up her arse I possibly could to send her on her conniving,thieving way!

I once saw a Brazilian barman in my mates pub do this to a girl thief trying to steal wallets,it was hilarious and I bet she thought twice about doing it again!

I Brought them with me from aus otherwise I've had them tailored here or most of the time I wear Thongs

Australians really need to learn what thongs mean in other countries.

Horrid mental image alert.

• Like 2

Hang on a sec. Just because you haven't been in a situation like the OP's doesn't mean it can't or doesn't happen. The guy's 25 and dealing with a 22 year old. You're far older with a far older wife. Your relationships are generations apart and it's daft to compare.

My wife and I were both in our early 20s when we met then married. How old we are now is totally irreverent. It is what happened from us being young up to now what counts.

Are you saying that some kinds of physical abuse against a woman is acceptable if the persons are young in this day and age? Because it is not, not in any shape or form.

It`s obvious that this couple are not suited for each other and best to end the relationship before one of them or both get hurt.

Pineapplesamui

"She claimed that he was using them to give to the lady she had rented the motorbike from but I don't believe this story."

I think young when you are only 25 young, is accused of trying to pull off, a "serious capital crime"

That she tried to do so?

Would you have agreed to that possibility, she rents a motorbike and official you are the person that is responsible in the contract?

If not its a possibility, that she tried it differently, also it would not be fair to you!

Why you do not believe that easy version of events? whistling.gif

ok Alfredo

regardless of whether she was really going to rent a bike in his or her name and whether or not he was in agreement...

she still acted sneaky and got caught, had she have got away with just renting a bike who knows what she thought she could get away with....

butwai.gif

I have no -paranoia- same some seem to have here, regarding the thoughts, a 22 young girl tried to pulling here of,

a massive plot, against a young 25 year English school teacher, so I think, without unlimited funds!

Passport copies you give away, in nearly every Hotel you check in here in Asia without a second thought,

an advise, even is, try not to give your Original Passport when renting a Motorbike, but instead give a copy of the Passport.

So what?

" if you are free and easy with your personal documents with your horizontal companions then I wish you luck " ?

Free and easy? No, just normal, I take care them, because it costs money and time to replace them. wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Pineapplesamui

That she tried to do so?

Why you do not believe that easy version of events?

It is possible but I had previously given her a photocopy of my passport with large writing across it saying for motorbike rental only in Thai and English.

If she hadn't tried to run away when I asked for my passport back I probably would have believed her too.

But she ran and that is what lead to me thinking she is guilty.

Also some questions about age I am 25 and she is 22 so no great age difference just different ideas I think

Probably, she lost your Passport copy or used it otherwise already.

So the Motorbike story is possible.

She ran away, -Guilty!- Guilty from what?

a 22 year young bit "crazy" acting Thai girl, can happen, when she is caught with some, even small wrongdoing.

Did you not have her I-phone?

Did she not want it back?

So, she kept the Passport until an exchange could be done, no?

And ran away, so you could not take the Passport by force without giving back the I-phone.

I think to much interpretations in a relatively small incident.

Age difference, ok, thank you for comment on that now. I could see your age already in your Thai Visa Informations.

I was only interested how young your GF is and I think, there is -No big story- hiding here.

Just some misunderstanding and some not openly spoken words without anger, from both parties involved. rolleyes.gif

Who made never something wrong, with 22 young, same or similar, - to the big sin? blink.png

to copy a Passport and a Work Permit? without consent of the BF since a year,

probably, to rent a Motorbike and satisfy the Motorbikes owner (with the consent of the BF in his name),

is until now, the biggest plausible reason. wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Hang on a sec. Just because you haven't been in a situation like the OP's doesn't mean it can't or doesn't happen. The guy's 25 and dealing with a 22 year old. You're far older with a far older wife. Your relationships are generations apart and it's daft to compare. Stop being so bloody parochialMy wife and I were both in our early 20s when we met then married. How old we are now is totally irreverent. It is what happened from us being young up to now what counts.Are you saying that some kinds of physical abuse against a woman is acceptable if the persons are young in this day and age? Because it is not, not in any shape or form.It`s obvious that this couple are not suited for each other and best to end the relationship before one of them or both get hurt.

No I'm not saying physical abuse is acceptable. Where did the guy say he'd abused her?

He was chasing her to retrieve his personal information, for crying out loud.

You met your wife in another era and it's obviously lasted so good for you. The OP hasn't said he was considering marrying the girl - she was just a live in lover. What gives you the right to look down your nose at him?

• Like 1

I'm amazed that even after all this went down, the OP still chose to use "girl friend" (rather than ex-) in the thread title.

Even if outbound messages were deleted, they could still be sitting in the recipient's inbox, as well as in the ex-girl friend's iCloud account if the phone had time to sync before it was smashed.

Between this and that crazy German guys thread about someone stealing 200 Euro he left in easy reach (and plain view) of the hired help, I am beginning to see the whole Thailand expat gig as one of attrition - you don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but you do have to be sharper than the bottom 20%.

It's natural selection, and I guess I owe a certain psycho Thai woman a perverse debt of gratitude - until you see that madness for yourself, secondhand accounts seem embellished. Thai men must be very quick on their feet. ;)

Hang on a sec. Just because you haven't been in a situation like the OP's doesn't mean it can't or doesn't happen. The guy's 25 and dealing with a 22 year old. You're far older with a far older wife. Your relationships are generations apart and it's daft to compare. Stop being so bloody parochialMy wife and I were both in our early 20s when we met then married. How old we are now is totally irreverent. It is what happened from us being young up to now what counts.Are you saying that some kinds of physical abuse against a woman is acceptable if the persons are young in this day and age? Because it is not, not in any shape or form.It`s obvious that this couple are not suited for each other and best to end the relationship before one of them or both get hurt.

No I'm not saying physical abuse is acceptable. Where did the guy say he'd abused her?

He was chasing her to retrieve his personal information, for crying out loud.

You met your wife in another era and it's obviously lasted so good for you. The OP hasn't said he was considering marrying the girl - she was just a live in lover. (What gives you the right to look down your nose at him?)

I don`t know and I don`t really care anyway. I`m going to forget all about it, because I have enough of my own personal, emotional, financial and sexual problems to worry about. The problem is that no one is interested. Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

I`m going to forget all about it, because I have enough of my own personal, emotional, financial and sexual problems to worry about. The problem is that no one is interested.

Nice one beetle juice. Sums up most of us here

Did you check with banks to change your account details? I'd report it to the police too and ask them for advice on what she might be able to do. At least if something comes along further down the road you can say you went to the police after you found out.

Defiantly the right response though. Only a guilty person runs.

Drop her like a dead donkey.....

Now....if there is property involved and what not....you have to deal with it differently.

The passport thingie sounds VERY fishy to me..

..and if she is prepared to do 'fishy' things to you, she is unsuitable in my books.

"Drop her like a dead donkey..." Ha Ha Ha Ha cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

(I think she ran because she is Thai after all).

What does that mean? That all Thais are devious and cannot be trusted? BS.

Devious and cannot be trusted? No. But sometimes reluctant to take responsibility for their actions, maybe. In a country where "the driver fled the scene" is almost a catch phrase the comment is slightly understandable. However, as you note, correctly, this cannot be applied to 'all" Thais.

(although my cynical side says that it does apply to quite a few)

I know it is a rather unpleasant situation, but try your hardest to think with your brain more than your feet, if I may say.

Earlier, I mentioned it would be more than recommended to go to the nearest police station to file a complaint to establish an evidence against possible identity theft. Go to a LOCAL police station. You stated that you had a visa and a work permit, so you are considered as a resident. The Tourist police is for TOURISTS (legal), as its name indicates it.

You are 25 years old, take it as a lesson. NEVER lose your temper. Especially in Thailand. But most of all, losing temper doesn't play in your favor. So, why would you?

My wife and I were both in our early 20s when we met then married. How old we are now is totally irreverent. It is what happened from us being young up to now what counts.

It`s obvious that this couple are not suited for each other and best to end the relationship before one of them or both get hurt.

I wouldn't consider a young woman who steals a mans work permit or passport is suited to any male.

I don't consider breaking a phone to be a big domestic violence issue.

Many Thai ladies do that every time they have a tantrum.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Between this and that crazy German guys thread about someone stealing 200 Euro he left in easy reach (and plain view) of the hired help, I am beginning to see the whole Thailand expat gig as one of attrition - you don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but you do have to be sharper than the bottom 20%.

It's natural selection, and I guess I owe a certain psycho Thai woman a perverse debt of gratitude - until you see that madness for yourself, secondhand accounts seem embellished. Thai men must be very quick on their feet. wink.png

Nobody back home would ever believe the stuff most of us deal with on a daily basis.

I love it here!

Are you saying that some kinds of physical abuse against a woman is acceptable if the persons are young in this day and age? Because it is not, not in any shape or form.

Still parochial.

It's natural selection, and I guess I owe a certain psycho Thai woman a perverse debt of gratitude - until you see that madness for yourself, secondhand accounts seem embellished. Thai men must be very quick on their feet. wink.png

You keep mentioning the nutcase chasing you with the knife. Tell us how it went down. I like stories like that...as long as I'm not in them.

You keep mentioning the nutcase chasing you with the knife. Tell us how it went down. I like stories like that...as long as I'm not in them.

smile.png

I think your a farang? Thai men never face the kinds of gf problems which farang men do, wonder why?

Do you know any Thai men? I suspect not.

They have exactly the same problems, but usually less money to lose.

I know of Koreans, Japanese, Indian, Arab and Afro-caribbean men who have also had similar problems, why just pick on white men? Are you a racist?

I think your a farang? Thai men never face the kinds of gf problems which farang men do, wonder why?

Were you born yesterday or are you just slow?

Thai men face the same situation every day, how do they deal with it?

They beat the living crap out of the women and NOBODY says sh!t. I have seen it happen on the street in broad daylight in public.

A foreigner does it and they go to jail and get fleeced.

Comprendo?

Wow,

should I be worried about the hundreds or maybe even thousands of copies of my passport that are floating around?

Immigration, True Visions, CAT internet, Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank and nearly all the hotels or rooms that I have ever stayed in have all taken copies of my passport. Probably plenty more that I can't remember.

Can anybody really do anything with a copy of your passport? Considering that nearly all of us will have had our passports copied many many times.

post-110219-0-21940500-1362563529_thumb.