Moving To Suratthani In April

angschneider84

If you want to be right near to the beach,why dont you consider Songhkla ?

Its got the sea on one side of the town plus the largest lake in Thailand on the other side.

Compared to other Thai towns its pretty clean and its friendly as well.......not too many tourists.

Things to do,as well as the beach area,would include Songhkla Water Park and Zoo and the island of Ko Yo for delicious seafood and butying fabrics like cotton and batik at very cheap prices.

Just 30 kilometres away is the city of Hat Yai,which is the 3rd largest in Thailand.Its got airconditioned shopping malls,Night Markets,Malaysian/Thai food and a very "lively" nightlife.

Just 6 kilometres out of town there is a huge Municipal Park with gardens,pedalos on a lake,statues,temples,Ice Dome and cable car....well woth visiting.

It does get very busy at weekends when Malaysian and Singaporean tourists hop over the border.

Easy to commute between Songhkla and Hat Yai......regular buses,shared minibus,taxis etc.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/TEACHERS-IN-SOUTH-DEMAND-MORE-SAFETY-30195179.html

You seem to be borderline troll and full-on cynic. The above has nothing to do with Songkhla town, which is outside the problem areas and as 'safe' as anywhere in Muang Thai.

Probably so but travel insurance will almost certainly be invalid there. On the chances of actually getting involved in anything they are probably low in most places but to be fair there have been incidents in Songkla and many in HatYai.

Ten years ago I used to live near Chaya and on Koh Samui for about three years. Made many daily trips to SThani for shopping, banking, hospital, vegetarian food, etc..

Many chinese settled in the past which gives ST its distinct quality and pleasant lively atmosphere. Therefore I always enjoyed my time especially walking and sitting at the scenic riverside.

In general the South has a pleasant climate, is green year round, nice scenery.

I would never recommend dead town Nakhon Si Thammarat nor towns of death Songkhla & Hat Yay. (Bombing sometimes )