How Not To Drill A Water Well

ExpatOilWorker

• 2 weeks later...

...and how to NOT let Thais dig a well for you, either. Thais will dig down in the dirt (read dirt-dirt here), put in a starter ring, then add a few more...back fill the DIRT they took out to dig the hole in the DIRT in the first place and just come on up the rings, all the while having DIRT back-filled against the rings. Common sense...oh excuse me for using that phrase here....would dictate gravel to be back filled against the rings as they are brought up in height...not frikken DIRT that will end up clogging up every toilet fill, shower filter and anything else that your well will service. Guess that is the difference between short term thinking they are only capable of doing here and the long term thinking western cultures do. Luckily for moi....the initial rings are almost a meter in diameter, and I will come back and sink smaller diameter ring sections and as I do this...the damn gravel will be put in the void between the different diameter rings so as to eliminate the BS sedimentation bath that screws everything up. I will cross my fingers on this one and hope it works. YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH EVERYTHING THEY DO, EVERY MINUTE if you want it done correctly. pg