Traffic Cop Loses Face? In Car Video Camera

Satcommlee

Hi,

Do you know about any solution to record when car is parked ?

Battery would empty too fast, right ?

Thanks.

The Cams can be wired directly into your battery or fuse box... (depends on model of car). You should also have a 'battery saver' device through which the power from the battery to the cam is routed... It automatically disconnects the cam from the battery once it registers the car batter as having gone below a predetermined voltage (i.e. from 12.0 to 11.8v)....

There is plenty of information on this on the internet... installation videos, battery saving devices etc..

Good info above.. and also some can capture video when it detects motion only.

Yes mine only works when there is motion so it has a seperate battery and then records as long as it detects motion.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much can I expect to pay for one of these dashcams in Thailand, or would a better option be to ask a friend to fetch one back from Austra;ia the next time he visits?

I think it all depends a bit on quality. I now got one from ebay paid 2500bt for it. But the ones that richard_smith237 posted about are much more expensive and to be honest might have been better for me as they record speed too plus have an easy app to download the stuff.

For my cam to get it on a computer i need to take the sim out and read it on the computer or play the file on the small screen of the cam. There is of course an hdmi link on it so it does have options. I do feel that the more expensive ones might be better in ways of getting it to your mobile and other devices plus the speed on them could be good (or bad).

But mainly the cams are not expensive at all.

Thanks, the wife now wants one. Not because of the accidents, but a perception gained from the TV earlier this week. That they keep the police honest.